AZATROL/AZAMAX VS. MITES A SCAM??

• Thread starter cheaplastic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
It's funny do what you want to do. Use what you want. I only treat in veg. Weird how they guys selling floramite say that azatrol/azamax doesn't work. Take it for bullshit if you like. I said a month to a month and a half. Start over? Never said that but you have to be religious. I guess it's a fluke that all my mites died and never came back. If you only spray once well your kidding yourself if you think you are getting rid of bugs. No matter what poison you use. I don't have spider mites. All I care about.

Oh and BTW just like Avid on the Forbid label:

RESTRICTIONS
Do not use on vegetable gardens.
Do not use on plants intended for use as feed or forage.
Not for use in commercial greenhouses or nurseries, or on fruit or nut trees.

You said you had a store right? Good suggestion.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

aza's did me ZERO good.

burned some OG down though.....lol...

S

swisscheese

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

on a small scale the sns217 has worked good for me and it smells good. Like peppermint candy almost.

I have tried LOTZA shit. Pulling leaves off and staying on top with the SNS has gottenme good results.

There is a TON of shit that is bad for us out there. The SNS costs WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too fucking much. But , for me, I have found a way to incorporate it that lets me get rid of them.

Has anybody ever used cedar shavings as mulch outside as a part of your IPM?

If so...did it help? I am thinking about making a carpet of it in my outdoor spot. I only have 6 2oog pots.

19 bucks a yard localy seems cheap. I use cedar fence boards for planters ( they got a 1x12 x 5 foot , scrub quality) for .79 cents locally. So I am into cedar. I built my fence out of it.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
i pre treat so i never see a mite.little fuckers.bayer makes some of the best pesticide fungacide there is.
So bayer makes it? use there products outside for bugs on flowers (roses) they are good

Reactions: rvd
rvd

rvd

It's funny do what you want to do. Use what you want. I only treat in veg. Weird how they guys selling floramite say that azatrol/azamax doesn't work. Take it for bullshit if you like. I said a month to a month and a half. Start over? Never said that but you have to be religious. I guess it's a fluke that all my mites died and never came back. If you only spray once well your kidding yourself if you think you are getting rid of bugs. No matter what poison you use. I don't have spider mites. All I care about.

Oh and BTW just like Avid on the Forbid label:

RESTRICTIONS
Do not use on vegetable gardens.
Do not use on plants intended for use as feed or forage.
Not for use in commercial greenhouses or nurseries, or on fruit or nut trees.

You said you had a store right? Good suggestion.
thats why u use it in veg residue is gone from leaves in 60 days. did i say one spray? i ment to say 1 spray.....

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Ive been doing some research regarding the effectiveness of products such as Azatrol/Azamax/AzatinXL and i cant find one IPM publication/pdf that mentions AZADIRACHTIN's mode of action to be at all effective in controlling spidermites. I originally was drawn to the product AzatinXL (%3.o) because it 2X more concentrated than Azamax/Azatrol and appeared to be more cost effective. after reviewing the product label PDF it mentions nothing about spider mite control.

I found this strange, considering that both Azatrol/Azamax are quick to mention it is highly effective in spidermite control. So I thought to myself, how could a product (AzatinXL) that has the exact same active ingredient at 2X the concentration not be effective at controlling mites??

I decided to email OHP (The company that manufactures AzatinXL as well as the very popular miticide FloramiteSC.)

This is the response I received from the director of technical services:

"I have seen several labels (Azatrol/Azamax) that have suggested that azadirachtin will control mites but I have not seen any true results in over 20 years of working with this active. The most common mite mentioned on some labels is the tomato russet mite. Currently our Azatin label does not recommend for mite control. Hope this is helpful."

I have come to the conclusion that it seems as if General Hydroponics/Gordon's is lying and misleading us gardners. i have spoke with many other farmers that have followed the labels recommendations and have not seen any improvement with their mite populations..

Can SKILLED and ARTICULATE farmers chime with their own points of view on using these products and its effectiveness regarding spidermites?
good to know I spray 2 times a week and still have problems ( from donated clones) no wonder.

rvd

rvd

good to know I spray 2 times a week and still have problems ( from donated clones) no wonder.
my clones are cleane as fuck and good to go for 60 days.i am a lazy farmer that does not want to fuck with mites i got other things to do. try it for yourself thats what i did when i got tired of buying all the crap from my (loco) hydro store.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
my clones are cleane as fuck and good to go for 60 days.i am a lazy farmer that does not want to fuck with mites i got other things to do. try it for yourself thats what i did when i got tired of buying all the crap from my (loco) hydro store.
I can relate spent last weekend cleaning everything from buckets,pots,floor, ceiling,walls etc worked my butt off. Thanks researching as we speak. Have a wonderful day. Plus I wont have to wear that stupid suit.:eek:

rvd

rvd

I can relate spent last weekend cleaning everything from buckets,pots,floor, ceiling,walls etc worked my butt off. Thanks researching as we speak. Have a wonderful day. Plus I wont have to wear that stupid suit.:eek:
i would of liked to see you in that suit could of ben the energizer bunny(pink)of course.good luck

Fraktaal

Fraktaal

It's surprising that the manufacturers of azadirachtin who recommend it for spider mite control haven't been pulled up for not having any data to support their claims.

It's actually used for keeping cows stomachs clean... I have a buddy who purposely isolated a plant and let mites infest it... One spray down with this stuff and everything was history! A lil pricey on e bay but it'll last you forever! If you need any info the university of kentucky did a lot of research on this product.. It's made outta fermented worm castings..

Is it organic then?

S

Stoopid J

From my experience, the key to eradicating the evil spider mite is CONSISTENCY as well as using products with different modes of action. Typically, during veg, i will start with a through spraying of AVID, then spray with a mixture of a surfactant and azamax. Finally, I will use CO2. Filling the room to 10-12000 PPM for an hour.

These three steps happen all in one week, say Monday, Wednesday, and Sunday.

I will follow this routine For the entire veg cycle. Because of this i have not had mites in my flower room in quite a while, not even during the heat of summer.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I just clean the fuck outta my grow space before, during and after every cycle, if I go to the woods to check on my outdoor girls then I come home and take a shower and put on clean clothes so I don't spread any bugs into my space and I always wash my hands before I touch my plants. I never had a problem with pests, but I grow everything from seed or my own cuttings and I haven't been growing for 20+ years like some people.

IMO the best prevention of pests is keeping everything clean i.e., buckets, walls, floor, tools, your hands and do not introduce plants from other sources into your grow space. Grow your own from seed and take your own cuttings. That doesn't guarentee you won't get pests, but it does help alot. Good thread by the way.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
So wondering about outdoor why not the problem with pest? and I believe deer do not care for mj as I have alot and they have never eaten my plants.

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

So wondering about outdoor why not the problem with pest? and I believe deer do not care for mj as I have alot and they have never eaten my plants.
I was told by a friend of mine that deers/bears love to eat/destroy MJ. How are you supposed to get rid of a bear pest? something tells me judicious use of neem isn't going to cut it. lol

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

When talking about pests the majority of people mean mites, thrips, ect., a bear or deer are not considered pest in my opinion. Yes, deer will eat young cannabis plants but it never happened to me and alot of people dont have this problem because deer are rarely in the exact area of your plants. Bears I have never had a problem with and I never heard of them being a problem to anybody in my life.

Latest posts

Top Bottom