AZATROL/AZAMAX VS. MITES A SCAM??

• Thread starter cheaplastic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Toker Ace

Toker Ace

I couldn't find it either. PM cap and he will probably hook you up.

C

cymbaline

I was under the impression that azamax/trol family was a systematic and not an insecticide in the knock em down already in your house kind of way. It's preventative but will not kill existing pest issues.
For something like that you would use a true miticide and follow up with the azamax family.
At least that was how I understood the use of it.

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

ok so i have had a mjor infestation of spider mites in the past. im talking cotton candy webs after every night cycle.. i beat them with azamax, neem and safer 3 in 1. plus a major game changer, the atomizer! i feel like this is a must have piece of equipment in every garden. i was able to aggresively treat mutiple times a day with no ill affects due to the atomizer. it puts out suck a fine mist that it dries within minutes and you get much better coverage. i would alternate between safer 3 in 1 and the combination of azamax with neem. after rigorous treatments for 2 weeks those little fuckers were nuked.. i contribute most of the success to the atomizer allowing me to attack those fuckers as relentlessly as i did. if you dont have 1, GET 1!

AdvancedBioHydroponics

AdvancedBioHydroponics

Not sure if it has been mentioned but the top two best working products to fight spider mites has got to be hands down a product called "Mighty Wash" by NPK Industries and a product called "Nuke 'Em" by flying skull plant products. Both are safe for food crops and kill eggs, adults, males, females, gnats, any kind of larvae..... it does not discriminate at all!!

The NPK Industries also makes a product for rinsing or cleaning the plant from any residuals called "Power Wash" and also a product for PM called "PM Wash".

These guys use a frequency technology to treat the water used in the products. They are light years ahead of these other products and companies I assure you.

With Mighty Wash you need to do 4 applications for a infestation (meaning it has advanced to the point where webs are seen) spread out at about 4-7 days apart. Mighty Wash, Power Wash and PM Wash is already mixed up to the proper ratio in the bottle it comes in so no mixing is needed, just shake the bottle and connect a sprayer and apply.

The Nuke 'Em product only requires about 2 or 3 applications. It comes in 2oz sizes for ease of use and mixing up smaller batches and also larger sizes of course.

If it were early in the cycle mid flower or earlier then I would suggest the Nuke 'Em product from Flying Skull Plant Products ....if it were past mid-flower point I would suggest the Mighty Wash as it will not leave any taste or harmful toxins on your yields. Then follow up with the Power Wash product to clean things up.

In all honesty, it would be wise for ANY/ALL folks to keep both or even all 3 of these products on the shelf as tools or weapons to guard against and be "ready" for any bugs or insect or mold/fungi attacks.

You will find "Prevention" will ALWAYS work the best 100% of the time. Any experienced person can tell you the best way to fight a problem or solve a problem is to not EVER have that problem to begin with! Poetry!!

One note about the product from NPK that you use to clean the plant and leaves called "Power Wash" is that it is designed to re-activate the product that you used before using the Power Wash product. So it is like giving the plant another dose of whatever product you used previously as Power Wash cleans and removes any residuals. Genius idea and product as it helps to get more out of ALL your foliar products that you use and makes them more effective and last longer, even PK or flower boosters that are applied by spraying the leaves and plant.

IMO forget Azamax and Azatrol, and Floramite and all those other products and get what REALLY works the best and is safe! If you try these products mentioned I am betting you would NOT ever look back......

FLB

FLB

another vote for Mighty Wash. It works, cant really say more...excpet it only took once for my app.

Same here.....pissed I bought a 40 dollar bottle of it, still full after 1.5 years. Only used one app and sealed up my room and havent had issues for a since. Was just gifted a cut recently with the lil critters and again wiped out in one app. Now if I could just put a little hurtin on these fungus gnats.

HumboldtDr

HumboldtDr

Whats your ailment?
Supporter
Same here.....pissed I bought a 40 dollar bottle of it, still full after 1.5 years. Only used one app and sealed up my room and havent had issues for a since. Was just gifted a cut recently with the lil critters and again wiped out in one app. Now if I could just put a little hurtin on these fungus gnats.

Caps bennies and predator nematodes will help immensely w the fnats.

AdvancedBioHydroponics

AdvancedBioHydroponics

It takes 4 applications when you have a bad infestation to the point webs are seen with the naked eye. It does not always take 4 applications and especially if you catch them early enough.

The reason for multiple applications is because when there is a bad infestation it is almost impossible to get them ALL with one applications. You leave ONE female alive or ONE egg and about 4 to 7 days later you will have the problem all over again. This is also how a tolerance to poison can build up in the bastards which will NOT happen with Mighty Wash.

One female left behind can produce hundreds of eggs very quickly. The eggs are like really hard, some have compared the egg of a mite to a diamond casing shell! The eggs are also impossible to see as they are clear and VERY tiny, very difficult to see and find on the bottom of a leaf. You will need at LEAST 40x magnification to see and find eggs, and 100x with a focus light makes it a lot easier.

For SERIOUS problems and areas, you need to actually figure out when the production cycle is for whatever species spider mite you have (2 spotted) ect....most species will take about 3 to 7 days to lay eggs and the eggs hatch. What you want to do, is find this timing so when eggs hatch you are there with a nice application of DEATH!!!!!

The Nuke Em product from flying skull plant products works REALLY well as well as Mighty Wash and it takes care of the gnats as well.

If you only needed one application of Mighty Wash to rid you of your problem consider yourself VERY lucky and consider yourself to have not really had a bad infestation. It usually NEVER goes away with just one application. The single female spider mite can lay 90 eggs in just a hour or so......now think about that the average infestation of mites contains anywhere from 200 to 2000 females mites...all laying eggs by the hour.......

FLB

FLB

Caps bennies and predator nematodes will help immensely w the fnats.

been throwing caps frothy brew at em for a few but seems like it is just keeping them at bay. Will have to try the nematodes, thanks HD

Soil Watch

Soil Watch

I tried Mighty Wash but it only seemed to keep them at bay... Nuke Em wasted the buggers in three applications. Make sure to follow the directions closely (lights out, well hydrated, don't spray on top of other pesticides: especially anything with copper in it!).

If you are going to use Nematodes, make sure to get Steinernema feltiae (as usual, Everwood Farm seems to have the best pricing on Nematodes and Nuke Em), Heterorhabditis bacteriophora or Steinernema carpocapsae are not nearly as effective, especially if your doing indoor containers.

I

IAmABlast

Forbid is for Ornamental Plants ONLY, not to be used on anything consumable... READ about anything you plan on using in your garden. YUP, it'll prolly do a great job getting rid of the mites, but at what cost to your health or to anyone who smokes or eats your meds... not to mention what the runoff is doing to our planet!

If you wanna go that route, I hear DDT kicks butt... oh that's right, they banned it in 1972!!!

CannaTech

CannaTech

Just a heads up, do not listen to people arguing that a product works or does not work. Azamax and Trol (and assumed XL) are all derived from neem oil which is the key to their success.

Any time you have mighty mites, you absolutely have to treat several days concurrently with more than one product.

I have had mites one time in my room due to trusting another grower that did not know they had them, which went un-noticed in the room for a week or so. Once noticed they were everywhere.

I have personally used azamax azatrol mighty wash avid wipeout and nuke'em. I have personally seen all of these products work first hand on several, several, several occasions while trying to help growers battle their own mite problems due to typically blatant ignorance.

As said in a previous post cycle the chemicals in on a rotation. The post mentioned says 7 days, although that is not enough. I would recommend 3 days cycles to go along with the mite gestation period. and typically I would suggest spraying something like Avid or mighty wash first followed by a dose of Azamax.

When I got the mites in my own room, I started with just mighty was which I have seen solve the problem in a single dose. then after a 4-5 days of the borg continuing their rampage I had to switch it up and sprayed some Wipeout the 48 hours later there was still some mite activity so two days later i sprayed again with mighty wash and then the day after i hit them with azamax which was the finale nail in their casket.

I keep them 3 on hand at all times and will be prepared to take the borg out the next time it returns by doing all 3 within 3-5 days of one another and continue treating for a full week to 10 days.

Mighty Wash day 1
Wipe out day 3
Azamaz day 5
Wait a few days and repeat

The only systemic items spoken about are the neem based ones and Avid. All others are not.

Mighty wash resides on the leaves releasing a molecular frequency that the mites do not like.
Wipe out has rosemary oil which is uptaken by the plant and resides in the leaves which is /kind of systemic/ but the other components are not.
Neem oil and its components are systemic
Abamectin Also systemic
Not sure about Nuke'm but i assume it is not as it comes pre-diluted and is made of all food grade components and no oil.... which means it is not systemic.

Hope this clears up the confusion.

Also, If you notice sever burn between the first two doeses, then give your plants another day. It may make them look like shit but they will come back full effect after you rid them of the borg.

P

pharmfarm

o
You need to be very careful when using avid. Respirator, goggles, gloves, coveralls etc. and of course only in veg.

Azamax is an effect control of spider mites from my experience. It does not kill them though, it is a insect growth regulator, so if you have them you need to combine it with something else. As a prevention though it works great.

As far as russet mite control azamax don't do jack shit. That's where avid and forbid are useful. Even floramite doesn't work against russets.
lol...avid and forbid...both are poison...both are listed for ornamental use only... do you know what for ornamental use only means? it means dont put on consumables... it means that if you eat, smoke, etc., Do Not Use...
Stop the BS...learn ur industry before you start introducing toxic poisons into the world

P

pharmfarm

You guys suggesting "For Ornamental Use Only" pesticides for anything consumable should be locked up... Follow the damn labels, sheesh...

CannaTech

CannaTech

You guys suggesting "For Ornamental Use Only" pesticides for anything consumable should be locked up... Follow the damn labels, sheesh...
I Could not re-iterate this more. The fact there is an argument about this is beyond me... Neem oil being organic or not is irrelevant as previously stated, Organic substances are just as deadly as engineered ones. there are poison berries that grow all over..........
Neem Oil is toxic to humans too FYI.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3841499/

http://www.planetnatural.com/wp-content/uploads/azamax-label.pdf

Its beyond me as to why they have "spray up until day of harvest" on their label. As, I would never spray any of that shit on my plants any where near flower. it ruins your product regardless if it is"safe" or not.

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/msds/Avid 0.15 EC Miticide Label.pdf
ORNAMENTAL USE DOES NOT MEAN CANNABIS.
Bottom line. READ THE LABELS.

G gnome

G gnome

I've had nothin but goot results w azatrol. I had a lil hiatus w growin and when i got some of my old cuts back they had thrips and spider mites . I was able to completely eradicate both usin only azatrol . I still have the cuts and havent had to use any pesticides whatsoever in over 2 yrs.

Dabominable

Dabominable

Microbe lift bmc will murder your fungus gnats. Like 2-3 drops a gallon. It's a bene made to kill mosquito larvae but it obliterates fungus gnats too.

PankFlamingoMon

PankFlamingoMon

Use essential oils in a weekly regimen, no pest stands a chance! :love1:

Latest posts

Top Bottom