Azatrol Week One Of Bloom?

• Thread starter getgoodgenes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

getgoodgenes

Hello posted in the past in search of good miticides or techniques for mites. Been using azatrol in veg recently have before with good results and noticed some mites after new soil. Do you think it is safe to spray less than a week into bloom? Asking because I used green clean and smite before and granted they worked it was the only crop to herm ever. Researched and found out it has to do with them being too toxic for the plant. SO now I'm scared to spray the few that are there now. Been dumping co2 and gently vacuuming but its not really working. PLEASE give me some input on the subject.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Hello posted in the past in search of good miticides or techniques for mites. Been using azatrol in veg recently have before with good results and noticed some mites after new soil. Do you think it is safe to spray less than a week into bloom? Asking because I used green clean and smite before and granted they worked it was the only crop to herm ever. Researched and found out it has to do with them being too toxic for the plant. SO now I'm scared to spray the few that are there now. Been dumping co2 and gently vacuuming but its not really working. PLEASE give me some input on the subject.
No good! Habenaro spray. Make it your self. 5 habs per quart, chop fine especially seeds. Simmer 20 minutes do not boil if you do it’s ruined. Filter through non bleached coffee filter. Let cool. Spray. Make with caution, outside. Spray with PPE it is like mace to people. Mites can not become immune to this concoction.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
If you haven’t switched yet, you can spray azatrol. It is a neem product (azadirachtin). It will not kill them instantly. It shows the optimum effect in 21 days as label reads. Its true. You will have to apply 3 times in 21 days. One spray a week.
Habanero spray kills on contact, and it is perfectly safe for the plant.
You can apply azadirachtin as a soil drench. It may not specify on the label, but the roots take the azadirachtin up and it is deposited in the leaves. So suckers will feel the effect. You have to apply a generous dose. 2x of the recommended. And your plant will be a clean product at the end. Azadirachtin dissipates completely in 30 days.

So all in all what i would suggest is,
1. Spray with habanero to kill most of them (on contact)
2. Apply a soil drench or a spray of azatrol
3. Wait 2 weeks or until you’re sure there are no more mites before flipping.

G

getgoodgenes

If you haven’t switched yet, you can spray azatrol. It is a neem product (azadirachtin). It will not kill them instantly. It shows the optimum effect in 21 days as leabel reads. Its true. You will have to apply 3 times in 21 days. One spray a week.
Habanero spray kills on contact, and it is perfectly safe for the plant.
You can apply azadirachtin as a soil drench. It may not specify on the label, but the roots take the azadirachtin up and it is deposited in the leaves. So suckers will feel the effect. You have to apply a generous dose. 2x of the recommended. And your plant will be a clean product at the end. Azadirachtin dissipates completely in 30 days.

So all in all what i would suggest is,
1. Spray with habanero to kill most of them (on contact)
2. Apply a soil drench or a spray of azatrol
3. Wait 2 weeks or until you’re sure there are no more mites before flipping.
Now we're talkin please tell me more about habanero sprays I'm very interested. I've been wanting to grow one anyway for chili.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Now we're talkin please tell me more about habanero sprays I'm very interested. I've been wanting to grow one anyway for chili.
Spray kills mites and eggs on contact. Spray every 3 days for 2 weeks. Then use for maintenance. You got to remember though it’s like mace to you and me. Make outside when spraying use a dust mask and safety glasses.

G

getgoodgenes

Will do and just to clarify you're saying its good to use in bloom for next 2 weeks?

B

Burned Haze

You are allowed to spray neem based extracts 3 week’s in bloom without any worry and no lab results will show otherwise.

If you go that route , azaguard is best brand for neem concentration (concentration % ratio it’s 2x than azamax and same price and bennies )

IPM Suggestion for flower :
* Venerate xc 1. up to harvest spraying without issue or will not bring a negative lab approval , ( approved in majority of states) , 2. Will kill majority of soft bodied bugs and even russet mites and most mites if willing to follow steps and rotate pesticides (wowzers)

* You can even do h2o2 at 5% with wetting agent as a pesticide and then depending on pest and then spray venerate the next spray time/week.

* Soil drench prevent IPM (if you think you got soil based pests or start there) , use grandevo too (if you got the money use botianguard 22 wp mixed with it) , use pot trays to hold the run off and then only try to only feed the first 20-50% top medium. I did this IPM with foliar when I had thrips and wasn’t sure + root aphids as well so I did drench as well IPM . Well I did a good job on my IPM and ever since then I have been pest free

* If you want some rotational suggestions for a great pesticides mapping than I would have no problem helping you out so you have success ( too many growers want to use deadly stuff because they don’t want to use rotate plan/lazy , overuse stuff, rely stuff )

G

getgoodgenes

How did it go making it and applying?
did 4 habs per quart used very cautiously. Wasn't too thorough was scared they wouldn't take well. Long story short everything that was hit died and the plants looked happier after. Just wanna give a big thanks and say y'all are great. Would it be safe to re apply today since I didn't soak them??

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

No good! Habenaro spray. Make it your self. 5 habs per quart, chop fine especially seeds. Simmer 20 minutes do not boil if you do it’s ruined. Filter through non bleached coffee filter. Let cool. Spray. Make with caution, outside. Spray with PPE it is like mace to people. Mites can not become immune to this concoction.

I keep thinking this can't work, at least not on all mites. Don't mites eat hot pepper plants capsaicin and all? I want to believe this works but after finding out that most techniques, including safe "hippi friendly" pesticides, don't work I'm a big sceptic. Do you have pics? Mites are an ongoing nuisance where I live. Growers around here know, and it's a near certainty, they will get mites. Not only do we get mites, we get reinfested as soon as whatever is killing them is no longer active. Azamax works so-so on Two Spot spider mites. It's expensive, tastes funky, and doesn't work on broad/russet mites. The only thing I've used that's 100% effective is Triazicide but it's really poisonous and can't be safely sprayed too far into flower. Flower cycle is when the mites hit hardest. Does it work on broad and russet mites?

Hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread for a minute @getgoodgenes . I figured adding my questions would be okay since most of yours were successfully answered and I'm only taking a second look at this habañero suggestion of Diesel's because of your glowing report. Do you have any macro/magnified clear pics of the dead mites?

I am all about healthier safe ways to control pests but not at the cost of my plants. I can't afford to waste time on something that doesn't work or harms my girls. I know that sythesised chemical pyrethrins are safe enough if used properly but I need something safe and effective late into the nugg cycle. Nuke Em don't work worth a sh*t. All it does is stress my plants and empty my wallet. It's garbage.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I keep thinking this can't work, at least not on all mites. Don't mites eat hot pepper plants capsaicin and all? I want to believe this works but after finding out that most techniques, including safe "hippi friendly" pesticides, don't work I'm a big sceptic. Do you have pics? Mites are an ongoing nuisance where I live. Growers around here know, and it's a near certainty, they will get mites. Not only do we get mites, we get reinfested as soon as whatever is killing them is no longer active. Azamax works so-so on Two Spot spider mites. It's expensive, tastes funky, and doesn't work on broad/russet mites. The only thing I've used that's 100% effective is Triazicide but it's really poisonous and can't be safely sprayed too far into flower. Flower cycle is when the mites hit hardest. Does it work on broad and russet mites?

Hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread for a minute @getgoodgenes . I figured adding my questions would be okay since most of yours were successfully answered and I'm only taking a second look at this habañero suggestion of Diesel's because of your glowing report. Do you have any macro/magnified clear pics of the dead mites?

I am all about healthier safe ways to control pests but not at the cost of my plants. I can't afford to waste time on something that doesn't work or harms my girls. I know that sythesised chemical pyrethrins are safe enough if used properly but I need something safe and effective late into the nugg cycle. Nuke Em don't work worth a sh*t. All it does is stress my plants and empty my wallet. It's garbage.
Spider mites are a soft bellied bug. The concoction is absorbed into the mite and is killed instantly. This was given to me by a member that will remain anonymous I first met when I joined the farm. Sorry I got no pics.

G

getgoodgenes

It works everything looked good except the mites that got hit. Used many pesticides but this is by far the most effective, cheapest, and no burn. Legit can not breathe while spraying. Even with mask and goggles couldn't stop coughing. NO mite would survive that.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Spider mites are a soft bellied bug. The concoction is absorbed into the mite and is killed instantly. This was given to me by a member that will remain anonymous I first met when I joined the farm. Sorry I got no pics.

Well, I'll try it out next year and post em up either way it goes. I've been reading your posts for a while and have come to trust your judgement or I wouldn't even bother asking you about it.

Top Bottom