Azomite Powder, Humeric Acid & Bat Guano Tea Help

• Thread starter Newergrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Newergrower

My partner and i have been making a tea to feed our plants with these ingredients as well as few more depending on veg or flower water. Unfortunately he was the seasoned grower and i am the apprentice and he has now been removed from picture and i am unable to talk to him. He was one actually mixing the teas!!! I have a 5 gal bucket with 2 air stones declorinated water and i just need to know if anyone knows a good ratio to mix these ingredients so i don't harm my plants! Ratios for a veg bucket mix and a seperate bucket for flower. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

showmegreen

showmegreen

Ummm what ingredients? Airstones don't dissolve too well in decloronated water.

Ceveres

Ceveres

In thread title, azomite powder, humic acid, and bat guano. Depends on the NPK of your guano whether it would be better for veg or bloom (e.g. if it's high N, better for veg. High P, better for bloom) Azomite isn't soluble so I suggest just top dressing and scratching it in.

showmegreen

showmegreen

I have no idea. To be honest. Azomite powder I'm not familar with. Please explain. Humic is good! I call it dinosaur poo. A little goes along way. And bat shit, is just that, bat shit. So.... Hmmm. This azomite. It is not soluble you say. I know acids are used to break things down via oxidation usually. Did they put that mite stuff in with the poo and then add the acid? With airiation via stones something is happening to sumptin. What is this azomite composition? My guess is a little at a time. Acid goes a long way. High dilution ratios.and work way up. But I can only guess. Not knowing what is in what. Poo is a major variable with minimal consistency turd get turd. Bats ate great cause they eat buggers buggers eat plants and other buggers. Consumed plants are back to the raw building blocks for plants. Man I'm talk in in circles. Sorry I'm not of more help.

brazel

brazel

I have no idea. To be honest. Azomite powder I'm not familar with. Please explain. Humic is good! I call it dinosaur poo. A little goes along way. And bat shit, is just that, bat shit. So.... Hmmm. This azomite. It is not soluble you say. I know acids are used to break things down via oxidation usually. Did they put that mite stuff in with the poo and then add the acid? With airiation via stones something is happening to sumptin. What is this azomite composition? My guess is a little at a time. Acid goes a long way. High dilution ratios.and work way up. But I can only guess. Not knowing what is in what. Poo is a major variable with minimal consistency turd get turd. Bats ate great cause they eat buggers buggers eat plants and other buggers. Consumed plants are back to the raw building blocks for plants. Man I'm talk in in circles. Sorry I'm not of more help.
Azomite is minerals, I think it's mined in Utah but I'd rather use basalt

N

Newergrower

Wow dont think even one of you was actaully reading all of it. The air stones are for oxygenation in water and help dissolve ingredients. Also azomite can be dissolved in water, i have powdered azomite and its dissolves just fine for me with the airstores help. I was just looking for someone whos familar with it to gimme some type of ratio but got everything but lol. Thanks god high times had a article with a simple tea mix for me. As for all you who keep sayi g u dont know what AZOMITE is well get educated it holds 67 trace minerals which plants need that you would usually need to use diffrent nutes to get. There all in this one all natual ingredient!!! Its totally organic and totally safe and has been doing the job for my garden!

showmegreen

showmegreen

Duh!.. lol. Apparently you did not note my sarcasm.
Air stones arent ment to dissolve there just for oxygenation of water and to help dissolve ingredients.
I'll be more literal next time . Breakdown of minerals is subjugated by oxidasis in solution of acidic properties. Hence forth the tunic acid and hydroxide. The consistency and quantity of soluble minerals is deemed by the substrate being disolutioned. If you don't know what's in it. Then you can't tell how much to apply for the welfare of the plant. Trying to show your intelegence by downing individuals is the first sign of ignorance. Life is an ocean. How deep you swim is up to you and your education in the area. I refuse to play in the kiddie pool. Stay blessed and bless her grow

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

What are you wanting from the tea? Humic acid for chloramine.
I don't mess with bat guano or azomite.
There's way better options
An Air Stone won't supply enough oxygen nor will it agitate. Good for bubbling thou

Everything you wanna learn about teas is in the link below... Cheers

http://www.microbeorganics.com/
Humic acid for chloramine? Nope.
Humic acid is SO much more..
Humic for life.:smoking:

My partner and i have been making a tea to feed our plants with these ingredients as well as few more depending on veg or flower water. Unfortunately he was the seasoned grower and i am the apprentice and he has now been removed from picture and i am unable to talk to him. He was one actually mixing the teas!!! I have a 5 gal bucket with 2 air stones declorinated water and i just need to know if anyone knows a good ratio to mix these ingredients so i don't harm my plants! Ratios for a veg bucket mix and a seperate bucket for flower. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
@Ceveres gave you the best advice thus far. We aren't going to give you specific ratios, that's for you to figure out. Those amendments you mentioned have npk values and usually directions. If not look up the retailer online and they usually have some sort of recommendation.
Air stones arent ment to dissolve there just for oxygenation of water and to help dissolve ingredients.
Air stones makes sure that your brew stays aerobic, and continues to support aerobic bacteria. Anaerobic bacteria will form in stagnent water and yes you will need a lot of air to make sure your brew doesn't become anaerobic. Search on the search bar here about compost teas. There are some great threads on it. Best of luck sir.

Dunge

Dunge

If you are attempting to brew a microbial tea than you might consider an inoculant to get the populations off on the right track.
A bit of good compost, or worm castings are a good place to start looking for microbes in number.
Small feedings of molasses are often used with care,(to avoid yeast blooms).
None of the microbes plays nice.
They all strive to rule the world.

brazel

brazel

Wow dont think even one of you was actaully reading all of it. The air stones are for oxygenation in water and help dissolve ingredients. Also azomite can be dissolved in water, i have powdered azomite and its dissolves just fine for me with the airstores help. I was just looking for someone whos familar with it to gimme some type of ratio but got everything but lol. Thanks god high times had a article with a simple tea mix for me. As for all you who keep sayi g u dont know what AZOMITE is well get educated it holds 67 trace minerals which plants need that you would usually need to use diffrent nutes to get. There all in this one all natual ingredient!!! Its totally organic and totally safe and has been doing the job for my garden!
I asked what are you wanting from your tea! That's important! I said air stone is good for bubbling. It's not good for compost tea. Both of these are true. That link I posted is some of the best info on teas... and you go to high times instead:/
Azomite is better than nothing, basalt way better and add some kelp... get educated.
Plants need 67 trace minerals!?
Is this your nutes?

brazel

brazel

@Ceveres gave you the best advice thus far. We aren't going to give you specific ratios, that's for you to figure out. Those amendments you mentioned have npk values and usually directions. If not look up the retailer online and they usually have some sort of recommendation.

Air stones makes sure that your brew stays aerobic, and continues to support aerobic bacteria. Anaerobic bacteria will form in stagnent water and yes you will need a lot of air to make sure your brew doesn't become anaerobic. Search on the search bar here about compost teas. There are some great threads on it. Best of luck sir.
I was reading and noticed he said chlorine but he did not say chloramine so I was going to bring that up but then I saw humic acid and humic acid neutralizes chloramine. I'm well aware of humic acid, and when adding a link on information you should probably want to skip using a company and go with a University study or another respectable report.
Cheers

brazel

brazel

Lots of air for your dissolved oxygen levels and agitation. Oh yeah and humic acid does not feed any microscopically visible microbe and it suppresses microbial division and growth all this information is on that link I provided

N

Newergrower

Azomite is minerals, I think it's mined in Utah but I'd rather use basalt
Ya sorry not trying to make "compost tea" cause i dont have compost. I more mean tea as i am mixing all feeding ingredients in a 5gallon with air stones.

Latest posts

Top Bottom