BabyHughie Round #2 Undercurrent

• Thread starter babyhughie586
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
babyhughie586

babyhughie586

Well after a successful first grow i am back, rocking the DIY UnderCurrent again... I made a couple changes to the setup including new reflectors.. The reflectors i got are badass i got them sitting around right now waiting to get my new fan/carbon filter before i set them all up.. The strain im running is White Cheddar its White Widow crossed with some kind of cheese not totally sure i do know that it is dank as hell though ... right now the ladies are about 1 week old and doing very good... I will have some pictures up over the weekend after i get the new reflectors and fan installed.. Cant wait!!!! Its gonna be another good one.. I should also inform everyone that this is a completely Legal grow.. Most of my last crop was donated to people free of charge that truly needed the medication including myself... If your looking at ordering some seeds click the link below and do it through there it would truly help me out... Thank you everyone and............ LET THE SHOW BEGIN

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

Room Temp: 73
Humidity 50%
water temp: 68
PH: 6.2
PPM:370

Dutch Master Gold A&B and Dutch Master Zone and maybe a little silica. Had great results with it last time so im giving it a go again.. "If it aint broke, dont try to fix it"..

Alright well i walked in the room today and i couldnt resist putting some pics up of the beautiful girls.. i noticed quite a bit of growth and root development over night.. I got a couple pics introducing the girls and a pic of my new reflector got 2 of them but only got a pic of one... with a lot of research i found this reflector it looks sweet, it's large like 33"x 26" or something around that.. It also is a cooltube with the reflector around it.. Its great because there will be no airflow restricted.. Air will blow straight through the round tube, unlike a lot of other reflectors on the market that have the whole bottom glass and have restricted flow because air gets caught on in corners.. check it out cant wait to see how it works...

WHITE CHEDDAR!!!!

5-26-1.jpg

5-26-2.jpg

New reflectors

5-26-3.jpg

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
nice man - I highly recommend a dust filter for your intake on them cooled hoods since they will be a real pain in the ass to clean

you doing any top watering on your girls when they are small like that?

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

nice man - I highly recommend a dust filter for your intake on them cooled hoods since they will be a real pain in the ass to clean

you doing any top watering on your girls when they are small like that?

My intake i got comming into the room has a filter, its fresh air pushed in the room from outside.. My exhaust i will be running is a 6" 434cfm fan attached to a carbon filter its just gonna sit on the ground in the room and blow through the lights and out of the room.. air will be blowing towards the other 6" exhaust i have mounted in the ceiling.. I think that should be good??? it'll be my first grow during summer and i just want to keep my room cool enough..

And yes i have the water level about 2 inches below the net pots and i have been hand watering all week.. I will pry continue to hand water for another week. Then raise the water lever and put the system to auto-pilot

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
they look good - you can see the love - hand watering really helps until the roots pop

the light cooling should be its own close loop ideally - passive intake into the lights and exahusts out through the fan and out the room

that way you have no smell getting pumped outside

good luck round 2 - hope you kill it

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Sweet! Can't wait to see loads of eye candy... :mmm

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

they look good - you can see the love - hand watering really helps until the roots pop

the light cooling should be its own close loop ideally - passive intake into the lights and exahusts out through the fan and out the room

that way you have no smell getting pumped outside

good luck round 2 - hope you kill it

Ideally the light cooling would be on its own but this whole grow was made in a bathroom without any holes put in walls for Anything, even my lights hang by custom made hangers i made out of some 2x4's and sand bags sitting on a platform off the top of a closet lol... after im done in this big ass bathroom i didnt want to do any drywall/painting or anything i can take everything out in pry about an hour and it'll be like nothing was ever there

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

alright so i got a question for all of you UC'ers.. my last grow i started my plants in root plugs they were like rapid rooters or some shit the problem i had was that i started with my water level to high and my root turned to mush because the rapid rooter stayed saturated with water the whole time.. dropped the water level and hand fed them for a couple weeks and all was good..

Soo this time i went with aeroponic clones.. My Question is how high can i have the water level in the system now??? i have it about 2-3 inches below the net pot and i am getting some roots just not a lot of roots shooting out the sides.. theres just a couple through the bottom.. i have been hand watering them 2-3 times a day and foliar feeding.. Can i now raise the water level to about 2 inches above the bottom of the netpot?? i just dont want to kill the roots that i have developed but i think hand watering 2-3 times a day isnt getting enough water to the roots or to start growing more roots.. I would appreciate any advice that you guys can give me.. Thank You

OO and by the way plants are still nice and healthy just a little slow rooting/growing will put up some pics in the next day or 2

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

When I transplant them to the system and there are not roots yet developed I keep the water lever at 1 or almost 2 inch above the netpot. I didn't have any problem inthe first run doing it and I just started my second one doing the same and in 2 days I already have 2 inch long roots, and now I can drop the water level. Ill post some photos today showing the roots progress in my thread.
Good luck and congratulation!

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Im pretty sure UC recommends you run the water level an inch or so above the netpot until you get good roots coming out the bottom

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

THANK YOU jungleboy and motherload for the quick response on this. You guys are great.. my lights are just about to come on and im gonna go and adjust the water level to about 2 inches above the bottom of the netpot.. I will report back in a couple days to update on how this worked out for me.. Thanks again fellas

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

just ordered a bunch of beans from attitude! i got some chemdog by greenhouse seeds i havent seen any reviews on the strain but i know a lot of people talk shit about greenhouse i want to see for myself how these seeds do in the right environment i will be popping them in a few weeks once i get my other system setup.. I will be giving a update later today or tomorrow with pics of my girls, they are doing great very healthy and nice roots now that i raised the water level..

Also wanted to give a heads up on Attitudes Bank they got a promo going on where there giving away 10 free seeds.. badass seeds to not no BS seeds giveaway ends tonight at 10pm though so get'em while u can

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

Alright well plants are doing pretty well... 1-2 plants are showing some kind of nutrient deffiency or something maybe nute burn thats where i need your guys' help i cant figure out what it is and i want to correct the problem asap.. im not gonna touch them until i get some replies because i dont wanna add nutes and burn them and i dont wanna let them go and have the problem get worse...

PH is 6.0
PPM is 480
water temp:68-69
air temp: 78-81

the first 2 pics show the problem and the last 2 are shots of some healthy plants

6-10-1.jpg

6-10-2.jpg

6-10-3.jpg

6-10-4.jpg

M

Max Powers

I've had that same problem with existing leaves on young plants going into the uc. new leaves/growth should be all good. Are you running magi-cal or anything like that? should help too...

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

I've had that same problem with existing leaves on young plants going into the uc. new leaves/growth should be all good. Are you running magi-cal or anything like that? should help too...

im not running anything but the essentials Dutch Master A+B and a little bit of DM zone.. i believe it may be a little magnesium deficiency but not totally sure.. Im gonna change out my nutes and give them fresh ones today hopefully that will cure the problem.. I will report back in a few days with an update...

Or if anyone knows what this is please let me know... Thanks

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
mag-i-cal will clear that right up - Id have to look back in my uc thread - but Im pretty sure I used 3ml/gal

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

ill have to go pick some of that up if the nute change doesnt work..

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

I would also bring the ppms down to around 350ppm conv.5
It might be a little hot
How big are the roots?

Top Bottom