bACHELOR pAD-MALE ISO. CHAMBER

• Thread starter Dr CandyMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr CandyMan

Dr CandyMan

Breeder
Supporter
I like to use things that i already have around the house for my grows. here's a ghetto male chamber with led's and cfl's. with a thick filter over the top.

Bachelor pad male iso chamber
Bachelor pad male iso chamber 2
Bachelor pad male iso chamber 3
Bachelor pad male iso chamber 4
A

astartes

Nice and cheap bro! Right up my alley:) Who's the next daddy to be tossed into the chamber?

astartes

Dr CandyMan

Dr CandyMan

Breeder
Supporter
bcbd da purps, pre 98 bubba, the white, so cal master kush, sr 71 PK and maybe i'll reverse GDP or urkle too

C

cktRAVEl

That's neat` Dr Candyman...2 questions.

How do you collect the pollen?

How do you pollinate?

Thanks ckt

Dr CandyMan

Dr CandyMan

Breeder
Supporter
That's neat` Dr Candyman...2 questions.

How do you collect the pollen?

How do you pollinate?

Thanks ckt

i collect the pollen onto wax paper.

i pollinate by wrapping a branch with a shop towel/ paper towel. and i just dust individuals branches with q-tips.

C

cktRAVEl

i pollinate by wrapping a branch with a shop towel/ paper towel. and i just dust individuals branches with q-tips.

:hi
ok thanks...just to clarify, is it one male donor plant per female or do you have multiple male donors on one female?
maybe one male per flower room?

Sorry for the piddly questions...its just that you produce a huge variety of fantastic crosses that most peeps only dream of having access to. You can't do it without being some what organized. :anim_44: Obviously peeps are counting on you, 'cause you follow through. :big_boss: :harvest:

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Thats pretty crafty man.. So do you just keep that box on a 12/12 light cycle? Can ya explain a lil more how ya do the breeding? GTD

Dr CandyMan

Dr CandyMan

Breeder
Supporter
i have a very strict male selection. i pretty much follow DJ Shorts guide to picking males and i let my nose guide me.
traditionally breeders grow out 100's of seeds of a specific kind and choose the best male/s from that one kind.

me i i start 100's of seeds from diff. varieties, so each male is competing against diff. varieties and not just its own kind. so only the funkiest males get selected. i prefer the males that smell every bit as good as their female counterparts. i pull to the side the best 30 males from 300+. the best males get used in the most crosses. the main reason i used the krypto og bx1 male for so many crosses, is because that male shined above all the males out of 100+ strains.
so people might think my style of breeding/chucking/dusting as weird or unorthodox but it is super competitive with my males.

if i do get 2-3 males that are awesome of the same kind i put them together. like for the rez snowdog bx crosses i had two males of the snowdog in all of those crosses. the same with bcbd da purps 2 males grown together in the same pot.
i work hard to keep everything separate and organized as possible. its not easy but somebodies go to do it. lol

in the future i will work with fewer strains and fewer males. i want to try to bring people the best quality that i possibly can.

Dr CandyMan

Dr CandyMan

Breeder
Supporter
Thats pretty crafty man.. So do you just keep that box on a 12/12 light cycle? Can ya explain a lil more how ya do the breeding? GTD

yep 12/12, i dont even need that cfl in there the l.e.d. is good enough.

i do my breeding by dusting branches.

1) select a good branch on the plant, i dont choose the biggest branch thats for my bud. but i select a nice med size branch, i give it a hair cut. cutting away fan leaves and other leaves.
2)i get a shop towel/paper towel and wrap the branch taping the bottom up good.
3)spray down the rest of the plant accept for that one branch.
4)i grab my qtip dip it in pollen and dust the buds wrapped in the paper towel. sometimes i tape 2
qtips together so that its a long qtip so i can reach down farther into the wrapped branch. each branch is labeled after pollination.
5) i tape the the paper towel/shop towel up good
6)the next day i go in and spray the papertowel and bud down with water killing the lose pollen. i throw the paper towel into a bucket of water, just incase of any lose pollen.

well i guess thats pretty much how i do it. simple yet effective.

C

cktRAVEl

in the future i will work with few strains and fewer males. i want to try to bring people the best quality that i possibly can.

Please don't do that. As long as it doesn't stress you out too much, the large selection is great. And I don't think having unrefined crosses is poor quality. It just gives us a greater variety to work with. You never know what surprise your gonna get...like plastic easter egg hunts.
I have not been privileged enough to win any of your gear, but I like what I see and will have to :fighting0040:it out with some peeps to try to get some.
Thank you candyman!

K

Karma Genetics

Candyman that is a good way to work man. Have you ever thought of using a Transparant big plastic box ore closet inside your flower room. You can use those pollen filters they use for people with grass alergie's they take all the pollen that would fly out the exhoust of the box. I think JLP did a thread on it once.

I persenoly use a seperated closet to flower my male's

Dr CandyMan

Dr CandyMan

Breeder
Supporter
Candyman that is a good way to work man. Have you ever thought of using a Transparant big plastic box ore closet inside your flower room. You can use those pollen filters they use for people with grass alergie's they take all the pollen that would fly out the exhoust of the box. I think JLP did a thread on it once.

I persenoly use a seperated closet to flower my male's

yeah i love that thread over there. i started using the home depot boxes just cause i'm cheap and i like to use things that i already have. i try to improvise instead of spending extra $$$. growing already costs an arm and and leg. lol

yeah i started with using a separate closet. but when i started dealing with 20 + males i had to find better ways to keep them separated.

yeah Ripz i love the diff. phenos too. it makes popping seeds fun.:rock

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Well thank you, you just helped me figure out how Im gonna Isolate my male keeper when the time comes. Cheap and effective..OK So say I get this 10 pack of beans. I want to make more of these beans because its so kill. So if I take a male Isolate it and put it under 12/12, take some of that male pollen and dabb it on the chosen female. What week in flower do I want to do this to my females? Do I have the right Idea? Also does spraying down the rest of the plant except the branch you want to pollinate, keep the pollen from pollinating the other flowers on the plant? thanks again GTD

Dr CandyMan

Dr CandyMan

Breeder
Supporter
Well thank you, you just helped me figure out how Im gonna Isolate my male keeper when the time comes. Cheap and effective..OK So say I get this 10 pack of beans. I want to make more of these beans because its so kill. So if I take a male Isolate it and put it under 12/12, take some of that male pollen and dabb it on the chosen female. What week in flower do I want to do this to my females? Do I have the right Idea? Also does spraying down the rest of the plant except the branch you want to pollinate, keep the pollen from pollinating the other flowers on the plant? thanks again GTD

i like to pollenate around day 28-35 of flowering. somewhere around there. each variety may vary some. i found that if i wait to long the pollen wont take too late in flowering.
seeds need like 4-6 weeks to develop depending on variety as well.
spraying down the rest of the plant is not necessary just a extra precaution if u want the rest of your plant to b sensi/seedless. i wet it down and shake the water off, just to keep any extra moisture/humidity off the buds.

samino

samino

Good idea!

I normally, cover the whole plant with clear plastic bag, except for the branch to be pollinated. apply pollen to the branch and cover with sandwich baggie. After 24 hours I remove the baggie and spray down the branch, i then remove the bag from the rest of the plant.

Dr. CandyMan has a great method, I really like that chamber!

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
So, samino..24 hours is long enough for the pollination to take place? I usually wait three days, then spray with water, but if you're having success with 24 I'll not wait so long. Thanks.

samino

samino

Yea!

It works for me! I think Dr. CandyMan says he only waits a day also.

M

mr. revolution

i use a similar method to samino and i also usually wait a day b4 i wet the pollinated branch and it seems to be long enough.i also agree with Dr Candyman about when to pollinate as ive def waited to late a couple times

Dr CandyMan

Dr CandyMan

Breeder
Supporter
I normally, cover the whole plant with clear plastic bag, except for the branch to be pollinated. apply pollen to the branch and cover with sandwich baggie. After 24 hours I remove the baggie and spray down the branch, i then remove the bag from the rest of the plant.

Dr. CandyMan has a great method, I really like that chamber!

plastic is a bad idea. u want the branch to be able to breath. that is why i use paper towel/shop towel/construction paper.. u should never use plastic for wrapping a branch ,never, too much moisture builds up inside that plastic bag. moisture is exactly the opposite of what u want when breeding. pollen and moisture are mortal enemies. lol.

Top Bottom