Back To Growing

• Thread starter Strangeone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Enforcer

Enforcer

Other things you guys may consider...
Lift the pots off the hot ground. A couple of sticks under the pots will accomplish this.
Shade the pots, not so much the leaves. Even a piece of plywood leaned against the pot can keep the sun from beating on the pots and heating the roots. Use some mulch on the top of the soil. Mulch can retain moisture and keep the sun from directly heating the soil and roots.
If growing in the ground, remember early in the season to water then let the soil dry on top so the roots go deep seeking moisture.

All solid points. Thank you. I have already raised the pots off the ground with paver stones, about 4". Creates a nice flow of air under the pot. The soil is covered with a layer of Hydroton. I considered wrapping the pots in burlap to shade them, but after taking the previous steps, my root temps are right at 70° in full sun and it wasn't necessary.

Strangeone

Strangeone

Cool. I'll probably pick some of that up if I ever get the worms. Also, upon further review of your photos, I must revise my earlier "looks heathy" comment to a "looks awesome". Well done on the branch development & training, and those buds are stacking nicely.
Hey thanks alot enforcer,I appreciate the kind words man.

Strangeone

Strangeone

Other things you guys may consider...
Lift the pots off the hot ground. A couple of sticks under the pots will accomplish this.
Shade the pots, not so much the leaves. Even a piece of plywood leaned against the pot can keep the sun from beating on the pots and heating the roots. Use some mulch on the top of the soil. Mulch can retain moisture and keep the sun from directly heating the soil and roots.
If growing in the ground, remember early in the season to water then let the soil dry on top so the roots go deep seeking moisture.
Thanks budBogart,I ended up sinking my potters in the ground because of the heat, it seemed to relieve alot of the heat stress...

Strangeone

Strangeone

You bet! I haven't even gotten started growing yet. I'm doing as much research as possible. And also paying down CC's before taking on a new hobby.

I cannot wait to grow my own medicine!

Keep up thearly good work man!
Hey thanks again, And keep up the research as you can tell I didn't do much of it before I jumped in lol,it's just been one bug problem after another, but you live and you learn, next year will be a totally different story..

Optimus1979

Optimus1979

Hey thanks again, And keep up the research as you can tell I didn't do much of it before I jumped in lol,it's just been one bug problem after another, but you live and you learn, next year will be a totally different story..
Yeah. I don't want to just jump into it. I know almost nothing about cannabis. I've just recently started absorbing info about it. Trying to learn as much as possible. Hell, I'd love to visit a farm and have someone just walk me through some basics. Maybe teach me to trim and clone. You know? I'm just a hands on type of person.

Anyway, this forum has been great. I've been reading many may posts, and looking at all of the different setups people have. Absolutely amazing, is all I can say.

Strangeone

Strangeone

Yeah. I don't want to just jump into it. I know almost nothing about cannabis. I've just recently started absorbing info about it. Trying to learn as much as possible. Hell, I'd love to visit a farm and have someone just walk me through some basics. Maybe teach me to trim and clone. You know? I'm just a hands on type of person.

Anyway, this forum has been great. I've been reading many may posts, and looking at all of the different setups people have. Absolutely amazing, is all I can say.
Yes! This forum has helped me more than I can say, so much great info and everybody ready to help, glad I found this sight! You just keep up the research and I'm sure you'll have a great first grow :smoking:

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I thought the alerts were supposed to notify me when you posted here. Guess not. Going to have to binge your grow log this evening. If I'm not reminded I lose track with all the grows I'm watching. Those flowers are looking great.

Strangeone

Strangeone

I thought the alerts were supposed to notify me when you posted here. Guess not. Going to have to binge your grow log this evening. If I'm not reminded I lose track with all the grows I'm watching. Those flowers are looking great.
Hey thanks smithsjunk...im really digging on your grow bro...yours look awesome!!

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Hey thanks smithsjunk...im really digging on your grow bro...yours look awesome!!

Thanks man, I still think I'm mostly lucky. I'm trying to find some Royal Dane (the parent plant that made the Kush jolly green giants) and Juicy Fruit to X. F*ckin Technicolor Rainbow trees!

Bout to hit em with Earth Juice Catalyst and Beastie Bloom. Got sick of waiting for Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom to get here. Had to pull the trigger on something. They're very sticky but need to get bigger, bigger, bigger. Kmart had the Earth Juice for $11 qt. Too good a deal to pass up, bought a couple. Will hit em once a week till flush with the EJ instead of AN Bud Candy. Saving all the 250ml AN bottles for a little indoor grow after harvest. Still need AN Sensi Grow + Bloom. Bought the Fox Farm booster trio from my favorite horticultural instructor and grow mentor at the local Ace Garden Supply. I think I'm going to take her class at the colledge. Stocking up on any good nute I find on sale, just to have around for the halibut. Next year I'll be able to mix and match whatever suits my grow. So fun, this is! I hope you're having a blast too. I'm swimming with ideas now.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

The temps have been around 107° lately, And no shade cloth, they're in a little greenhouse, they get about 7 hours of direct sunlight a day and they have been looking a little heat stressed.

I think Enforcer is right. You're in such a hot area that you could benefit greatly from shade cloth, even now. When it was in the 100's here I could go down to my garden and hang out with my girls under the cloth. It even made it tolerable for me. They were thriving even in the extreme heat.

How'd those clay pellets work out for you? Should have relieved some of the heat stress. Also, have you adjusted your watering for flower? Like you saw with mine, they got seriously thirsty.

Top Bottom