Back To Growing

• Thread starter Strangeone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Strangeone

Strangeone

I think Enforcer is right. You're in such a hot area that you could benefit greatly from shade cloth, even now. When it was in the 100's here I could go down to my garden and hang out with my girls under the cloth. It even made it tolerable for me. They were thriving even in the extreme heat.

How'd those clay pellets work out for you? Should have relieved some of the heat stress. Also, have you adjusted your watering for flower? Like you saw with mine, they got seriously thirsty.
The pellets worked great, And yes ive adjusted for the watering, they got real thirsty ... I really appreciate all of your guy's help, not sure I can do much with a shade cloth where I have them set up, but I'm definitely working it out in my mind how I could change things up..my girls have been going through alot of heat, still surprised they're doing as well as they are, everybody I talked to before this grow told me it couldn't be done here..lol I'm pretty sure that's what made me do this grow, but I should have done alot more research first..but I'm keeping my head above water as long as I can keep these bugs at bay...but I couldn't imagine thing's any other way right now, I'm having a blast!

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

The pellets worked great, And yes ive adjusted for the watering, they got real thirsty ... I really appreciate all of your guy's help, not sure I can do much with a shade cloth where I have them set up, but I'm definitely working it out in my mind how I could change things up..my girls have been going through alot of heat, still surprised they're doing as well as they are, everybody I talked to before this grow told me it couldn't be done here..lol I'm pretty sure that's what made me do this grow, but I should have done alot more research first..but I'm keeping my head above water as long as I can keep these bugs at bay...but I couldn't imagine thing's any other way right now, I'm having a blast!

I think I've got the blueprint for next year, keeps changing.

Yeah, the bugs. I've just resigned myself to the fact the spider mites aren't going away. The last spray of Azamax wasn't effective enough. I hosed them off the next day because off heat distress, not supposed to wash it off. I won't spray anything more than Garden Safe at this point, and I've even held back from that. I lightly showered down the girls tonight, shake some mites loose. Other than spotting the leaves, they haven't done any damage or stunted growth. What else can I do... They'll be fine.

Strangeone

Strangeone

Yeah, the bugs. I've just resigned myself to the fact the spider mites aren't going away. The last spray of Azamax wasn't effective enough. I hosed them off the next day because off heat distress, not supposed to wash it off. I won't spray anything more than Garden Safe at this point, and I've even held back from that. I lightly showered down the girls tonight, shake some mites loose. Other than spotting the leaves, they haven't done any damage or stunted growth. What else can I do... They'll be fine.
Yeah I hear ya bro, I'm starting to have a real problem with cattapillers right now, pulled 8 of them off my girls in the past two days, the other bugs aren't doing anywhere near the damage them cattapillers do..

Enforcer

Enforcer

I'm surprised the Azamax wasn't effective for you. It has worked great for me. What strength did you mix up? Were you sure to get the underside of the leaves?

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I'm surprised the Azamax wasn't effective for you. It has worked great for me. What strength did you mix up? Were you sure to get the underside of the leaves?

It works fine. My plants were in heat distress the next day and from what I understand is that Azamax can make them slightly photosensitive. So I sprayed them down, washing the Azamax off. It wasn't as effective as it would have been otherwise.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Oh, I gotcha now.

Plus I did dial it down to a .25 from .4 because I noticed them working a little harder against the heat the first time. Not much though. Had I been compensating for the different watering needs during flower, it probably wouldn't have happened at all. Azamax is effective and fairly safe if everything else is good.

Live and learn. My girls have been fairly forgiving. I'm ready to make new mistakes next year.

Top Bottom