Backyard Greenhouse...

• Thread starter stiffneck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stiffneck

stiffneck

Yeah.... it's always something... just like life shit's always popping up that needs attention. This year is the first time I have added molasses to the mix... I may be projecting my own wishes but my flowers seem to be a bit more frosty than usual... :)

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Wow!!! Those are some really healthy plants. Please post a thread on the aquaponic greenhouse. I wanted to do the same thing with srimp, catfish, and crawdads. There is a way to dual purpose a waterfall for aquaculture. It has to do with aeration and cleaning the bacteria (I think) the way the box filters were stacked to operate with a less than optimal elevation difference between the fish tanks and hydro grow, and they got the waterfall sound. Shoot!, I can't remember. It was really innovative and efficient and I was going to use the idea as well. If I can remember I'll let you know.

I really, really like your grow. Your plants have color like mine (minus the mite damage). dboy510, and Farmer P, have plants like us as well. Farmer P uses shadecloth and dboy510 lives in the Bay Area so he's got the cloudcover.

I was reading an article about "Monster Cropping". It showed if you reveg a a plant from flower, then take clones and supercrop, it will monster crop with tightly stacked sets. They looked as if they'd put growth inhibitor on them. Super tight.

I say take that a step further and mainline them.

stiffneck

stiffneck

Wow!!! Those are some really healthy plants. Please post a thread on the aquaponic greenhouse. I wanted to do the same thing with srimp, catfish, and crawdads. There is a way to dual purpose a waterfall for aquaculture. It has to do with aeration and cleaning the bacteria (I think) the way the box filters were stacked to operate with a less than optimal elevation difference between the fish tanks and hydro grow, and they got the waterfall sound. Shoot!, I can't remember. It was really innovative and efficient and I was going to use the idea as well. If I can remember I'll let you know.

I really, really like your grow. Your plants have color like mine (minus the mite damage). dboy510, and Farmer P, have plants like us as well. Farmer P uses shadecloth and dboy510 lives in the Bay Area so he's got the cloudcover.

I was reading an article about "Monster Cropping". It showed if you reveg a a plant from flower, then take clones and supercrop, it will monster crop with tightly stacked sets. They looked as if they'd put growth inhibitor on them. Super tight.

I say take that a step further and mainline them.

Thanks dude! I kind of wish I could just grow some BIG trees in my backyard without the greenhouse but in the past I have been destroyed by the cabbage butterfly and the budworms... hence the GH. Last year I didn't have any problems at all in the GH but this summer run I have had both spider mites and budworms. Reluctantly I sprayed BT for the worms...

I have to give buildasoil a ring and get a IPM program going... I have been avoiding placing an order because I know I will spend all my dollars there. :)
It's frigging hard to get anything done as my back always dictates what I can and cant do...

We plan on building the aquaponic system next spring and I surely will start a thread on the build and grow. I am sure there are many on these boards that have much information I could use.
One day in the future I am going to go out in the backyard in my favorite fishing hat and maybe some waders and go fishing for fish in my aquaponic system... haha the REAL reason I want a system... :)

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Thanks dude! I kind of wish I could just grow some BIG trees in my backyard without the greenhouse but in the past I have been destroyed by the cabbage butterfly and the budworms... hence the GH. Last year I didn't have any problems at all in the GH but this summer run I have had both spider mites and budworms. Reluctantly I sprayed BT for the worms...

I have to give buildasoil a ring and get a IPM program going... I have been avoiding placing an order because I know I will spend all my dollars there. :)
It's frigging hard to get anything done as my back always dictates what I can and cant do...

We plan on building the aquaponic system next spring and I surely will start a thread on the build and grow. I am sure there are many on these boards that have much information I could use.
One day in the future I am going to go out in the backyard in my favorite fishing hat and maybe some waders and go fishing for fish in my aquaponic system... haha the REAL reason I want a system... :)

My Dad got us into aquaculture for exactly the same reason. He found out UC Davis ag department had found out how to grow sturgeon in a pond and he put 4 giant holding ponds in our backyard, laced with bentonite, in anticipation for buying the equipment and fish, but got divorced instead. Sh*t happens. But I never gave up the dream and almost moved to Alabama to grow shrimp, catfish, and crawdads, but got divorced instead. Seems like a pattern to me, rofl.

stiffneck

stiffneck

Well I was hoping to get some flower pics before the chop but I figure no pics are better than BAD pics. I don't do cell phones and borrowed one for some of the clear pics in my thread....

Had my son help with the harvest....not my idea but Hey he wants and likes to help his feeble father... the boys a natural.

Garage is filled with hanging plants. I give em a little more than a week hanging then start the horror that is trimming.

Got another batch of plants ready to drop into the beds for hopefully a third run/harvest by the end of the year....

BudBogart

BudBogart

Well I was hoping to get some flower pics before the chop but I figure no pics are better than BAD pics. I don't do cell phones and borrowed one for some of the clear pics in my thread....

Had my son help with the harvest....not my idea but Hey he wants and likes to help his feeble father... the boys a natural.

Garage is filled with hanging plants. I give em a little more than a week hanging then start the horror that is trimming.

Got another batch of plants ready to drop into the beds for hopefully a third run/harvest by the end of the year....

Real nice grow. Hopefully your son will stick around for trimming!

stiffneck

stiffneck

So just about done trimming and jarring. Think we harvested somewhere between five and ten pounds... I never weigh it.... got my clones in the ground the first week of November. Not sure if I am going to put the cover back on just yet. Going to see how they fare in the so cal winter...

IMG 20171129 071503
IMG 20171129 071520
IMG 20171129 071624
M

MamaBear

Nice!!
First year or 2, I didn't have any bugs in my greenhouse either. I thought it was heaven! Turns out it just takes them a while to figure out how to get in. Once they do, and find your delicious plants, they'll keep coming back.

You lucky dog! 3 outside grows in 1 year? I only get 1. I'm gonna try a spring grow again with cuts in 2018. I've tried it before but have to be careful. If I leave them too long (as the days get longer) they start to re-veg. If I start too early, it's still too cold outside at night. Gotta plan it just right and hope the weather cooperates.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Nice!!
First year or 2, I didn't have any bugs in my greenhouse either. I thought it was heaven! Turns out it just takes them a while to figure out how to get in. Once they do, and find your delicious plants, they'll keep coming back.

You lucky dog! 3 outside grows in 1 year? I only get 1. I'm gonna try a spring grow again with cuts in 2018. I've tried it before but have to be careful. If I leave them too long (as the days get longer) they start to re-veg. If I start too early, it's still too cold outside at night. Gotta plan it just right and hope the weather cooperates.
How about running autos for spring grow?

M

MamaBear

Thanks! I nearly forgot about them! I've got a bunch of auto seeds but mine are from way back when they were tiny plants barely smoke-able. I played with them for a couple years, created a miniature line and went back to photos.
I know they've come a long way since then - I see big plants with some serious weight to them these days.
Can you recommend any? I like heavy purple indicas (purple skunk, GDP, etc.). Strong/potent medicine is more important than harvest weight.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Thanks! I nearly forgot about them! I've got a bunch of auto seeds but mine are from way back when they were tiny plants barely smoke-able. I played with them for a couple years, created a miniature line and went back to photos.
I know they've come a long way since then - I see big plants with some serious weight to them these days.
Can you recommend any? I like heavy purple indicas (purple skunk, GDP, etc.). Strong/potent medicine is more important than harvest weight.
No I haven't grown them at all yet. That is my plan though. I'm thinking maybe a couple auto runs if I start early, then put out the the photos in about June.

stiffneck

stiffneck

Is the funky colored leaf verigation? It's present in all clones and cuttings of this pheno.

I did have my fans running 24/7 but I took the cover off the greenhouse and am just flowering outside. Seems the colder weather has slowed down the dreaded white moth and bud worms. So.... we will see what happens...

Happy farming everyone...

Top Bottom