Bad/poor Coco Coir/perlite/soil Drainage

• Thread starter CBDfutute4
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

What's up

I am 8 wks in, 19 days into flowering n I do not wana poke chop sticks down into 10/14" inches of coco/perlite/soil (33/33/33) mixture.

I do want to hit any roots, but I know from watering I get like 5% drainage rather then 20-35%.

So I am having over watering symptoms with only give 4 plants 75 oz a day, split between the 4. Watering twice a day too, so really 35/40 oz each time

If I water 65 oz between the 4 I will see some drainage, but any less and u only see moisture marks under the cloth pots on the catch trays. U need 60 oz + for the tray to fill 1/8 - 1/2 inch up. The trays are 1 inch hi

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Well I stabbed 4-5 holes that were 1/8 inch 12-15 inches in.

Seems to help. We will see in the next week or so.

I was worried about cutting roots. Anyone else ever add/stab extra holes for drainage?

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Could I bend up metal coat hangers to start holding up some bigger plants?

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Idea

Transplant into 2 gallon tiny garbage cans with 35 holes in the the last 8" down the bottom using perlite/soil

Or into 3 gal cloth pots

Would use perlite as a lower layer for drainage and then just soil to make up the rest of the medium

I don't have a pic but two are pretty good, one 50/50, the 4th is just a skeleton still standing.

I would at least transplant the good two. Possibly the okay third too.

I know it's a bad idea to do 35 days into flowering but I have very little nug growth n the whole harvest going to shit.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Idea

Transplant into 2 gallon tiny garbage cans with 35 holes in the the last 8" down the bottom using perlite/soil

Or into 3 gal cloth pots

Would use perlite as a lower layer for drainage and then just soil to make up the rest of the medium

I don't have a pic but tygmwo are pretty good, one 50/50, the 4th is just a skeleton still standing.

I would at least transplant the good two. Possibly the okay third too.

I know it's a bad idea to do 35 days into flowering but I have very little nug growth n the whole harvest going to shit.
Coco, prralite, soil??????
Wtf..
Thats a problem to me!
Why soil and coco?
I wouldnt keep transplanting.
Just do the best you can which in my eyes is a crap shoot.
I mean how are you supposed to feed your coco when uou have no idea what the soil is giving. Soil uses ph in the 6.4 to 6.8 range and coco is around 5.8 to 6.0 ph
Your mix is fighting each other imo
Go straight coco use 1 gal pots and feed every day a solo cup of feed.
As it gets bigger 2x a day
You can tell when the top layer starts to lighten..
Never let it dry out!!!
Newbie flush plants every Sun with 2 gal of RO water and a solo cup of feed mixed. Thats it for Sun. No more feeding. Resume Mon normal..

As you get better you wont have to do that...

Welcome to the farm!

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

My ladies are not doing well

They are nitrogen deficiency n have been over watered (I believe) because of my medium mix

I went for 1/3 soil coco n perlite for quick grow, drainage n to be forgiving on mistakes.

I have never really grown.
I did in high school but always caught by parents. I have two buddies who pull 10-15 oz every 65 days or so.

Well one 15, the other maybe 8. So I have real advice to get......but what I said about hi end auto detailing.....reading for a year is the same experience as doing it for a week.

I started in a wooden basement closet that's gets a sauna effect. I have girls in 1 gal faberic pots n they are not doing well.

I am prepared for my next harvest well now but I am 50/50 between trying to get 20g from 3 plants to just speeding up n trashing these, clean n restart
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B072K25C84/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1UKKPZLWRDR6K

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
All the books in the world are going to beat seat time. Plants are live vs something like building a computer. Way more variables. Books will point you in the right direction but nothing will beat just plain old gardening. If you are mixing soil/coco instead of strait coco/perlite you need to to treat it like a soil grow not a coco grow.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B072K25C84/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1UKKPZLWRDR6K

My ladies are not doing well

They are nitrogen deficiency n have been over watered (I believe) because of my medium mix

I went for 1/3 soil coco n perlite for quick grow, drainage n to be forgiving on mistakes.

I have never really grown.
I did in high school but always caught by parents. I have two buddies who pull 10-15 oz every 65 days or so.

Well one 15, the other maybe 8. So I have real advice to get......but what I said about hi end auto detailing.....reading for a year is the same experience as doing it for a week.

I started in a wooden basement closet that's gets a sauna effect. I have girls in 1 gal faberic pots n they are not doing well.

I am prepared for my next harvest well now but I am 50/50 between trying to get 20g from 3 plants to just speeding up n trashing these, clean n restart
20 grams?
I prob restart..
But like i said just straight coco.
Do u have a way to check ppm and ph?
Coco really needs ro water unless your water has a low ppm..
And there are some nutrients made with higher ppm water sources..

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Tap water from a major city.
I distill 60hr, ends up at 6.3ph n I use dro nute kit to make it 6.0

I guess 30/40g from the 3 or 4 plants I have. I was being pessimistic at 20. I guess 20/25 ea from two good plants n 10 from my so so one.

I bet my 4th will die soon.

Light wise this is what I have on em -
300 led, so more like 150
6, 23 w cfl
1 two bulb 4ft t5

I'll post a couple pics soon, they don't look good.

That's why I considered transplants. To see if I could make this situation better

Using 1/3 each coco soil n perkite

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Tap water from a major city.
I distill 60hr, ends up at 6.3ph n I use dro nute kit to make it 6.0

I guess 30/40g from the 3 or 4 plants I have. I was being pessimistic at 20. I guess 20/25 ea from two good plants n 10 from my so so one.

I bet my 4th will die soon.

Light wise this is what I have on em -
300 led, so more like 150
6, 23 w cfl
1 two bulb 4ft t5

I'll post a couple pics soon, they don't look good.

That's why I considered transplants. To see if I could make this situation better

Using 1/3 each coco soil n perkite
Well u might be netter of getting some fox farn ocean forrest soil and just using tap water.
Solo cups for first 2 weeks.
Then 1 gal for next 4 weeks
3 gal pot for flower...
That way the roots grow into their space as we up pot.
Each time you will add new soil so it doesnt need anything but water and some +life once a week on Sun.
4Th week of flower poss give a 1/2 srength feeding of your fox farm bloom.. Keep giving +life once a week...
I ditch the cfl in flower....

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Things were okay for me up til 10/12 days ago

I went to Italy, had my bro n a buddy who gardens filling in for me.

Came back n things are terrible, I left day 19 of flowering......just trying to pick up the pieces of this grow

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Things were okay for me up til 10/12 days ago

I went to Italy, had my bro n a buddy who gardens filling in for me.

Came back n things are terrible, I left day 19 of flowering......just trying to pick up the pieces of this grow
Imo it was gonna happen sooner or later in that mix.
Plants need a good stable feed during onset of flowering.
U just need to simplify your mix and since u dont got ro wayer i just do soil.. Get with the organic farmers here.. They are like a cult lol..
Good people!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Those are toast..
Sorry brother..
They got N toxcicity. It comes from the coco in the mix getting salt build up from not enough run off...
Coco and soil just dont mix and i dont care what anybody says

Damn they were fine..
I say your buddy also didnt water like he should have...
What kind of soil was it?
What kind of coco?

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Home Depot bought all.

The right two are budding, not well but budding. Nice tiny white hair building together

But the far left. Toast. Center left, dying and I'm going to hide it in my yard.

Far right I think can produce, staying water only for now and have been for a wk.

U think I should just start totally fresh tho?

Top Bottom