Bag Seed Hunting & The Lst Adventure

• Thread starter rmoltis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
incogneato

incogneato

Hell yeah!! I love that man that's awesome I do that to! Wakem up to Nam Era rock,around mid cycle switch to some 80's jams and Mozart while they sleep.
And eeeeevery now and then throw on some boosie badass for them:)
That's an awesome mix of music lol. Boosie threw me for a loop

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Day 31

20160305 153858

Adjusted the bonds again. Growth tips growing in more and more each day.

I also noticed a couple are starting to show their sex. I'm gonna give it some more days to develop before jumping to conclusions.

But that skinny tall growing one in the center looks like it's developing the pods. It is also stretching a lot trying to gain a vertical advantage over the others to spread pollen. We will see soon enough.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Did some defoliation today. The leaves were crowing each other. Also the lower 2 plants I'm %80 sure are males. Still waiting for pods to form fully just to make sure.
20160306 045836

Took the 20 fan leaves. Rinsed them off with cold water. Put them in the bullet with milk this time.
Got weed milk?

20160306 050500

hiiipower

hiiipower

I'll take some weed milk!

My grow buddies laugh at me for eating my leaves off my plants all the time, I do it every day. I always tell them it's stupid they grow the healthiest plant on earth and don't eat it, makes no sense to me. I'll admit it tastes bad, but i don't think there's anything on earth better to eat, what else has cannabinoids? Anyways, too cool, thought I was the only one.

Best of luck hunting.

Ooopsi

Ooopsi

Never heard anyone was eating the leaves but hey... Sounds pretty cool! Going to try that as well!
Much respect for that tidy, clean and veeeery detailed journal! That was a pleasure reaing! I always start off like that, making notes twice a day on my pad but after some days I always get lazy... Duh...
Looking forward for the follow-up on your mainlining! Seems to be working out great for you. Kudos man!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I used roots organic potting soil.
I don't think it was acidic at first (but not sure didn't test upon immediate use).
I did however flush the soil before seeds were added.

I was reading about how organic soils can start breaking down organic matter causing acidic soil.
And how plants absorb the hydrogen ions depleting the soil lowering the ph as well.

I did notice going through my grow log when it started.
It was when I spotted what looked to be a small calcium deficiency. This may be my timeframe to schedule flushing around/before.

I just assumed organic soil was a no flush system. So I didn't bother. Looking back I should have & will in the future.

This is the reason why I wanted to start with bagseed. All the problem areas should reveal themselves over time. Allowing me to adapt and create a proper schedule of feeding, watering, flushing, foliar feeding, ph'ing soil etc.

With help from the peeps here @Seamaiden , @jumpincactus , @CBDEMON , @FlyinJStable and others.
I should be able to speed up this learning process.

I am still enjoying every second of it all.

Thx to all, help is much appreciated.
Awwwwww schucks Gomer that gave me warm fuzzies all over.:D I love u man.

Have I told you lately I am proud of the man you have become. Keep on keepin on........

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter

My grow buddies laugh at me for eating my leaves off my plants all the time, I do it every day. I always tell them it's stupid they grow the healthiest plant on earth and don't eat it, makes no sense to me. I'll admit it tastes bad, but i don't think there's anything on earth better to eat, what else has cannabinoids? Anyways, too cool, thought I was the only one.

Best of luck hunting.
Bro I am with you on that 100 % in my house not one part of the plant goes to waste. Right down to the roots and the soil they were grown in. Sorta like an Native American in that sense and the buffalo not one bit of waste.......

the roots make a great topical ointment that I gift away to friends with aches and pains and they swear by it. Just sayn.........

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter

Best of luck hunting.
Never heard anyone was eating the leaves but hey... Sounds pretty cool! Going to try that as well!

I agree %100 it's like eating a salad only much healthier. It is cool how it doesn't get you high. I sure had a good day at work. Felt happy and mood was stable all day. Also got a lot of side job work done. I will do this anytime I trim the leaves. No need in throwing away plant matter that you invested lighting, nutrients, water, cooling, heating, time, love on.

Last edited:
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Much respect for that tidy, clean and veeeery detailed journal! That was a pleasure reaing! I always start off like that, making notes twice a day on my pad but after some days I always get lazy... Duh...

Looking forward for the follow-up on your mainlining! Seems to be working out great for you. Kudos man!

Thx for taking the time to read through and the kind words @Ooopsi .
I'm hoping my notes and logs as a first time grower can help others get a since of what's going on.
What to plan for. What to avoid etc. While giving an accurate representation of progression over time.

I understand the feeling lazy part. I get home from work and don't feel like doing anything. I try not to fall asleep after work. But having living things that can't help themselves needing my help give me motivation and add some structure to my life (I need it lol)

I'm loving this mainlining too.
Its a little tricky trying to get even growing branches. I need more practice. They are getting nice and fat though (stems).
Can't wait to see the results.

Last edited:
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Day 32

The 2 on the bottom of the picture are still presumed male until further notice.
I'd post closeups, but if I can't discern by eye.
It will be even less discernable in picture form.
20160306 173250

Here are a couple shots of the stems off my favorite one (the middle one on the upper photo^)
20160306 173338

20160306 173401

OutdoorOH

OutdoorOH

Hell of a job man! I'll be watching close on this thread. I love what your doing and agree with ya starting with bag seeds. Good way to dial your room in without taking the chance on some good bean goin to waste from a problem, even though by the looks of it you prob wouldn't have a problem, and hell ya might find something special ya never know. Keep up the good work man and great detail on the journal can't wait to sit back and watch the rest of it!!

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Hell of a job man! I'll be watching close on this thread. I love what your doing and agree with ya starting with bag seeds. Good way to dial your room in without taking the chance on some good bean goin to waste from a problem, even though by the looks of it you prob wouldn't have a problem, and hell ya might find something special ya never know. Keep up the good work man and great detail on the journal can't wait to sit back and watch the rest of it!!

Thx for stopping in @OutdoorOH .
I hope I find something good in the mix.
I have 13 more bagseed to try before I move onto the big guns :).

I feel I should leave no seed unturned.
I don't want to miss out on a wonderful phenotypic expression because I brushed them off as simple bagseed.

Many people say genetics is everything.
And it can be. But as we all know, genetic expression can work in random and mysterious ways. There could be a real gem in there.

And hey if it's not amazing.
I'm sure it will be better than anything I can buy off the streets. And if neither then I will at least experience the fun in growing. So either way it's a win-win-win.

I'm glad to be here with everyone.

OutdoorOH

OutdoorOH

Hell yea man that's for sure, like a box of chocolates with seeds never know what ur gonna get! I like your way of thinking. I can't wait to try the training techniques this year myself.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Looking good man. Love the way the training shaped them. Should make for a perfect canopy down the road

It's getting tricky.
Branches are same heights.
But some grow fatter and with longer internode spacing. Than their opposing sides.
I'm still working on it.
Rotating the pots and readjusting the pipe cleaners daily.
I think it will still turn out well in the end.

Still waiting for sex to show. I think they're ready for transplant. I need 1 to be male so I can put 4 in 2.41 gallon pots just before flower. Then I can flip that same day and sex the rest.

It would be ideal to find out the sex of all of them to save soil, nutes etc. But if I wait too long they may become rootbound.

If by chance they are all female I'd have to flower them as is in their 1 gal pots to have enough room.

Decisions, decisions.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Day 32

The 2 on the bottom of the picture are still presumed male until further notice.
I'd post closeups, but if I can't discern by eye.
It will be even less discernable in picture form.
View attachment 579395

Here are a couple shots of the stems off my favorite one (the middle one on the upper photo^)
View attachment 579396
View attachment 579397
Looking very respectable Gomer. :D I always knew you would be a natural with tending cannabis. Your analytical mind is well suited for it. Nice work with the mainlining!!! Wait till harvest. You will be happy I'm sure.......:smoking:

On a side note will be posting pics of the Cornbread in CSI's forum today, 1 week from chop and they turned out very nice indeed........... I love you man

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I always knew you would be a natural with tending cannabis. Your analytical mind is well suited for it. Nice work with the mainlining!!! Wait till harvest. You will be happy I'm sure.......:smoking:

Thx chief, I'm trying my best.
Knowledge is power.
The more inforation I gather.
The easier it gets.
Understanding is usually the biggest battle.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Day 34

20160308 220217

No time for explanations.
This is my 3rd 14hr day worked in a row.
Work, then side job.
I've burned over 5k calories every day my fitbit charge hr says. I've been really pushing myself lately.

The tough part is trying to eat 5k calories worth of food at the end of the day within a couple hours :dead:.

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Day 34

View attachment 580069

No time for explanations.
This is my 3rd 14hr day worked in a row.
Work, then side job.
I've burned over 5k calories every day my fitbit charge hr says. I've been really pushing myself lately.

The tough part is trying to eat 5k calories worth of food at the end of the day within a couple hours :dead:.

They are looking good, keep it up. You can see her knuckles starting to form on the close up of the middle plant, she will have a nice well developed vascular system.

Top Bottom