Banana & Bubblegum

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
What has our community in the cannabis world come to? Here is a hyped strain I ran into and off course there are only 5 packs available. So assuming they are 10 to a pack that puts the cost per pack at a bargain at $ 50.00 a bean. What a smokin deal right??? (no pun) Yea bit o sarcasm there homies. So there ya have it only 5 packs for sale at a firehouse sale price of 500.00 per pack. Here is the sales pitch.

Bananas And Bubblegum

Lemon Bubblegum Cookies x Platinum Banana OG BX1

Hands down the 1995 Sensi Star Pink Bubblegum pheno is the most desired cut if you’re searching for true pink bubblegum terps. We have worked with her and her progeny for several years and one of our most famous creations we’ve ever made is our Bubblegum Cookies. 4 years ago we crossed our Lemon Bar OG male (Private Reserve OG x Sour Lemon Larry) male with the Bubblegum cookies line and we released a few, but we mostly kept these in house to search through for the perfect marriage of Lemon Citrus terps and Pink Bubblegum terps. After 4 long years of running the seeds we found her and she is nothing short of breathtaking. I was wondering if it was wishful thinking, so I took buds to someone who doesn’t smoke at all and whenever they smell bud they never can smell anything past “This smells like weed.” Their immediate reaction was “THIS IS PINK BUBBLEGUM AND LEMONS!” Instantly I knew this was something special and the only thing that could make it truly more unique is by throwing in some of those Banana Laffy Taffy terps. So really, if you’re a TerpMaster Extraordinaire and Mr. Rosin Squish Man then this is for you – Limited to a 5 pack release. I will not release anymore than that of this f1 generation and this line will be worked further Flowering times are 9-10 weeks.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Ok now i get that buyers want to pay less and seller wants to earn more. Both sides are understandable, if there was no money in breeding, then people wouldn’t become breeders but also if you sell a seed for 50-100 then not many can grow.

But what bothers me is that why only 5 packs? Why is this line going to be worked further? What am i getting for 50 bucks a seed, an unfinished line with unstable genetics? Seems like if i’m paying 50 for a seed, these shouldn’t be the questions occupying my mind.

Also, why are there a success story based on an anectode about him taking the buds to some smelling impaired person and the person saying “pink bubblegum and lemon”. Yeah i’m sure that happened but besides that, if a philistine can smell it, maybe i’ll pass on it. A good smell should not be describable that easily. This usually means a single layered, “synthetic” smell. It should be layered and make your knees weak and yes, it should get you a little moist.

Just my .02 €

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Welcome to the cesspool of the seedy seed biz.

Where everything’s for sale and you can own it if you have enough money and little common sense.

Who knows it might end up being the next gorilla tits cookie sac strain we all lust for. It’ll blow your tits off and make you forget you’re an idiot.

fishbuds

fishbuds

Just like any other business model out there. Some companies will be stand up guys and gals, some will rot like eggs in the sun, then there will be the myriad in between. This is how so many different size operations can coexist, there are so very many consumers for the marketers to have at, and so many companies for the consumer to sort through.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The industry now and always focused on selling growers that dont know better.

I had hoped “legal” weed would help get more info out there to stop the price gouging but it seems people dont read even more now.

And the seed, led and nute companies are all over it.

chemistry

chemistry

The breeder's never going to get rich selling five packs of ten seeds, and they will never become legends if nobody knows about them, so you have to conclude that they are over rated by the breeder.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
The breeder's never going to get rich selling five packs of ten seeds, and they will never become legends if nobody knows about them, so you have to conclude that they are over rated by the breeder.
No but if you can build enough hype behind it after the ding bats pay ya a $1000 a pack make some more. People in this industry are dumb as fuck. No offense to anyone here.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Two words: Dutch Flowers. They would release 1 pack and routinely they went for 5k+ on cbay back in the early 2000s. I’ve yet to hear a gripe about a Dutch Flowers strain.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Two words: Dutch Flowers. They would release 1 pack and routinely they went for 5k+ on cbay back in the early 2000s. I’ve yet to hear a gripe about a Dutch Flowers strain.
remember when aliens starfighter went on auction some years back? Cant remember exactly but I do believe SF went for cinco figures.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

What has our community in the cannabis world come to? Here is a hyped strain I ran into and off course there are only 5 packs available. So assuming they are 10 to a pack that puts the cost per pack at a bargain at $ 50.00 a bean. What a smokin deal right??? (no pun) Yea bit o sarcasm there homies. So there ya have it only 5 packs for sale at a firehouse sale price of 500.00 per pack. Here is the sales pitch.

Bananas And Bubblegum

Lemon Bubblegum Cookies x Platinum Banana OG BX1

Hands down the 1995 Sensi Star Pink Bubblegum pheno is the most desired cut if you’re searching for true pink bubblegum terps. We have worked with her and her progeny for several years and one of our most famous creations we’ve ever made is our Bubblegum Cookies. 4 years ago we crossed our Lemon Bar OG male (Private Reserve OG x Sour Lemon Larry) male with the Bubblegum cookies line and we released a few, but we mostly kept these in house to search through for the perfect marriage of Lemon Citrus terps and Pink Bubblegum terps. After 4 long years of running the seeds we found her and she is nothing short of breathtaking. I was wondering if it was wishful thinking, so I took buds to someone who doesn’t smoke at all and whenever they smell bud they never can smell anything past “This smells like weed.” Their immediate reaction was “THIS IS PINK BUBBLEGUM AND LEMONS!” Instantly I knew this was something special and the only thing that could make it truly more unique is by throwing in some of those Banana Laffy Taffy terps. So really, if you’re a TerpMaster Extraordinaire and Mr. Rosin Squish Man then this is for you – Limited to a 5 pack release. I will not release anymore than that of this f1 generation and this line will be worked further Flowering times are 9-10 weeks.
If there's one strain I know it's paradise seeds sensi star.as far as I know the original breeders of sensi star.i,v ran many many packs of sensi star and not once did I get a pheno that smelled of bubblegum.not even close.
The sad thing is some clueless fool will pay the$500 for those beans thinking he,s getting something special.i,m sure that's what the breeders hoping for

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
If there's one strain I know it's paradise seeds sensi star.as far as I know the original breeders of sensi star.i,v ran many many packs of sensi star and not once did I get a pheno that smelled of bubblegum.not even close.
The sad thing is some clueless fool will pay the$500 for those beans thinking he,s getting something special.i,m sure that's what the breeders hoping for

That's awesome, i'm very familiar with Sensi Star too. It was one of my favorites for many many years. In fact there was a time when I only ran it and AK-47. I have never heard of a bubblegum pheno either however I did look it up on seed finder and found there might be one. But its nothing i've ever heard of and i'm sure between the both of us we would have seen something.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah in fact I’d be shocked if there was one. You can really tell there’s a heavy skunk influence on the strain and I can tell when there’s sensi Star in something else’s lineage or at least a relative of it but I’ve never in my life mistook any SS terps for bubblegum. And I’ve had bubblegum several times. Used to buy ozs of it when it was $400/oz years ago. I love me some bubblegum but that’s a completely different terp profile from sensi star.

Latest posts

Top Bottom