Bases For Making Tinctures

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I made 20 doses of cbd/thc coconut oil based tinctures for my after surgery pain needs. I am.one of those whonutter despise coconut and everything coconut! I had to force myself to take the tincture. I went thru 20x 80mg doses in a 36hr period and only 4 pain pills taken.

What other bases are you guys and gals using for ingestion?

I don't think one can consume peg400, VG, and doing ml doses of olive/veg oil or butter doesn't sound tasty.

Last edited:
Smerb

Smerb

I made 20 doses of cbd/thc coconut oil based tinctures for my after surgery pain needs. I am.one of those whonutter despise coconut and everything coconut! I had to force myself to take the tincture. I went thru 20x 80mg doses in a 36hr period and only 4 pain pills taken.

What other bases are you guys and gals using for ingestion?

I don't think one can consume peg400, VG, and doing ml doses of olive/veg oil or butter doesn't sound tasty.
I used to make up a small glass of water or juice, only a gulp. Add drops of tincture. Down the hatch. Fast so I could get on with my day.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

my way of ingesting MMJ is a 90 mg/ml tincture in Everclear.

get 10 ml dropper bottle. add 1 gram shatter or Rosin to bottle. fill bottle with Everclear. Allow concentrate to dissolve.

add a few drops to hot coffee or tea in the morning and go about my day.

Its said there are 20 drops per ml so each drop has 4.3-4.6 mg per drop

I used to make up a small glass of water or juice, only a gulp. Add drops of tincture. Down the hatch. Fast so I could get on with my day.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I'm still all jacked up on my.tinctures and pain pills. Ran outta tincture this am. Ill get at ya later.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Actually I finally found a strain that takes pain away. After 15 yrs, that's a hefty feat I've searched for relentlessly.

Smoked some darlins net (gg4 x dmt--dansbud pheno) flower. I normally vape distillate exclusively, but gave it a go. Pain went from an 8 to a 1 in about 5 mins. Back to smoking flower for a bit.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Don't recommend distillate for medical patients..

The cannabinoids work together CBD CBG,CBN, etc.

Distillate is fine for getting high, and people use CBD.

I JUST SAY NO TO DISTILLATES.

I need the entourage effe

Actually I finally found a strain that takes pain away. After 15 yrs, that's a hefty feat I've searched for relentlessly.

Smoked some darlins net (gg4 x dmt--dansbud pheno) flower. I normally vape distillate exclusively, but gave it a go. Pain went from an 8 to a 1 in about 5 mins. Back to smoking flower for a bit.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Distillate is great for getting super medicated asap, stealth vape liquid. There's no other good benies like flowers or bho with a great terp profile. Reason why I think the darlins net flowers did wonders for pain vs dabbing distillate.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

will have to agree to disagree.

Distillate is great for getting super medicated asap, stealth vape liquid. There's no other good benies like flowers or bho with a great terp profile. Reason why I think the darlins net flowers did wonders for pain vs dabbing distillate.

King Julien

King Julien

Well everclear is the easy go to for sheer lack of effort involved.

Glycerin takes a bit longer but works the same only is sweet and doesn't taste of alcohol.

You could always get refined coconut oil so there's no taste but you get the same benefits of absorption. Then again it's not much better tasting than any other oil you could use.

You can also reduce everclear tincture into honey if you're looking for something sweet with a bit of flavor to mask things.

One other option to think of, and it's one of my favorites, is gummies.

You can make an everclear tincture and then use it to make some gummy candies. Suck on one of those, it dissolves fast, tastes good, and properly made and stored in the freezer will last for many months. Stored outside of the freezer, if dried properly, will last 2-4 weeks in a well sealed container.

I buy bulk gelatin and then just use whatever combination of kool-aid flavors I want to flavor it.

Graywolf

Graywolf

I suggest ethanol and mixing it in a beverage. It's what I used to do. Now I use PEG 1300 sublingual troche's that taste like shit but work well. http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/product/sigma/p7777?lang=en&region=US

I've also produced tincture from many of the vegetable and nut oils, some of which which taste amazingly good if you haven't tried one sublingually. Not oily like you might imagine.

We've tried Almond, Avocado, Canola, Coconut, Corn, Grape Seed, Olive, Peanut, Sesame, Walnut, Sunflower, and Hemp Seed Oil. Grape seed and Hemp seed taste a little greeeen, but the rest are palatable.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I Tried tinctures in

Vegetable Glycerin - little effect
Propylene glycol- Tastes awful
Olive oil- didnt like it
now make 90 mg/ml tinctures in Everclear
Will have to try sesame

I suggest ethanol and mixing it in a beverage. It's what I used to do. Now I use PEG 1300 sublingual troche's that taste like shit but work well. http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/product/sigma/p7777?lang=en&region=US

I've also produced tincture from many of the vegetable and nut oils, some of which which taste amazingly good if you haven't tried one sublingually. Not oily like you might imagine.

We've tried Almond, Avocado, Canola, Coconut, Corn, Grape Seed, Olive, Peanut, Sesame, Walnut, Sunflower, and Hemp Seed Oil. Grape seed and Hemp seed taste a little greeeen, but the rest are palatable.

R

RikkiBea

Dan789

Dan789

I’m squarely in the everclear camp (for tinctures), although in California something’s gummed up the everclear distribution (not currently being stocked/distributed in Northern California, possibly throughout the state). Glad there’s another option for 190 proof cane alcohol via producers in Oregon. I can’t be the only one that’s noticed this, on this site though. Might go the next step and reclaim some of the alcohol afterward, or a percentage of it to strengthen the tincture.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Highest available here us 153 diesel. It's what I use when using etoh.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Just made my first batch of everclear tincture, went with a hot brew for the first batch, and have a batch in the freezer. Dosed tincture for the first time this afternoon and quite happy with the outcome. @Two.Bears which brew method did you use with VG that didn't seem to work for you?

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

l just don't like VG as a base.

vg is thick and viscous. a poor job at absorbing cannabinoids.

I have made tinctures in VG, PG, Everclear, Rum, and I have NEVER seen a VG TINCTURE half as strong as my Everclear 90 mg/ml tincture. with PG Tinctures I made as strong as 180 mg/ml. others on YouTube has made 360 mg/ml.

Just made my first batch of everclear tincture, went with a hot brew for the first batch, and have a batch in the freezer. Dosed tincture for the first time this afternoon and quite happy with the outcome. @Two.Bears which brew method did you use with VG that didn't seem to work for you?

Wishbone

Wishbone

l just don't like VG as a base.

vg is thick and viscous. a poor job at absorbing cannabinoids.

I have made tinctures in VG, PG, Everclear, Rum, and I have NEVER seen a VG TINCTURE half as strong as my Everclear 90 mg/ml tincture. with PG Tinctures I made as strong as 180 mg/ml. others on YouTube has made 360 mg/ml.

Good info, thanks. What ratio of herb to everclear are you using? Have you ever reduced the everclear after the brew to make it more concentrated?

Top Bottom