Bases For Making Tinctures

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Two.Bears

Two.Bears

FYI glad to share what I have learned.

that kind of sharing is what makes this community great.

about the 90 mg/ml tinctures.

I haven't bought buds or used buds in a long time. opting for kief, my own dry sift. buds helped but dosing was all over the place due to irregular amount of medicine in the buds.

now I use Rosin I press from dry sift I think I have a couple grams of shatter.

yes you can make the tincture a little stronger. maybe 15% or more. much more potent than that the cannabinoids start falling out of suspension.

I chose 10 mg bottles of tincture for two reasons.

1. 10 mg works well and don't have to worry about losing part of the medicine because it fell out of suspension.

2. Much easier to get the dosage dialed in. There are 200 drops +- in 10 ml alcohol. in ShaShatteand Rosin there is 880-920 mg cannabinoids. so I split the difference 900 mg. 900 divided by 200 is 4.5 mg per drop.

With Kief the trichomes has the waxes and occasionally hair or fiber you have to use 1.2 grams kief to 10 ml to get similar number of cannabinoids . if you go the kief route you will have filter the waxes and contaminates out.

I just go straight Rosin or shatter. when the cannabinoids have been absorbed into Everclear or some other base. all you have to do is shake well and start adding to food or using sublingually.

Good info, thanks. What ratio of herb to everclear are you using? Have you ever reduced the everclear after the brew to make it more concentrated?

Wishbone

Wishbone

FYI glad to share what I have learned.

that kind of sharing is what makes this community great.

about the 90 mg/ml tinctures.

I haven't bought buds or used buds in a long time. opting for kief, my own dry sift. buds helped but dosing was all over the place due to irregular amount of medicine in the buds.

now I use Rosin I press from dry sift I think I have a couple grams of shatter.

yes you can make the tincture a little stronger. maybe 15% or more. much more potent than that the cannabinoids start falling out of suspension.

I chose 10 mg bottles of tincture for two reasons.

1. 10 mg works well and don't have to worry about losing part of the medicine because it fell out of suspension.

2. Much easier to get the dosage dialed in. There are 200 drops +- in 10 ml alcohol. in ShaShatteand Rosin there is 880-920 mg cannabinoids. so I split the difference 900 mg. 900 divided by 200 is 4.5 mg per drop.

With Kief the trichomes has the waxes and occasionally hair or fiber you have to use 1.2 grams kief to 10 ml to get similar number of cannabinoids . if you go the kief route you will have filter the waxes and contaminates out.

I just go straight Rosin or shatter. when the cannabinoids have been absorbed into Everclear or some other base. all you have to do is shake well and start adding to food or using sublingually.

Excellent info, thank you.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

you are more than welcome.

Btw the reason I know about that cannabinoids fall out of suspension on super tinctures is that before pressing Rosin. I used to extract cannabinoids with 99% Isopropol alcohol and purge off the ISO.

Excellent info, thank you.

Dan789

Dan789

You can absolutely reduce through evaporatation after completing the everclear stripping of the THC.
P.S. everclear boils at 180’.

C5C207C7 4333 4743 B497 8098A37CA76C
Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I make Rosin out of bubble ans dry sift. 210-230 will partially decarb it for me.

I use it as medicine to keep the family curse at bay. I hate the high.

Would you decarb bubble? If using bubble, which brew method would you reccomend?

Top Bottom