Beginner Dwc - Need Advice

• Thread starter Tonythetiger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

heisen

thats better,That light sucks man.a couple cfls,will put out more than that.I would replace that light ASAP if you want to have a decent yield.With that amount of light your PPM needs to be as low as possible.Prob around 1/4 strength nutes if that.Otherwise your plant will continue to degrade.See if you can get a decent t5 fixture at least 230 watt 4 bulb or 8 bulb 450 watt.You can hover that light 12 inches maybe 10 if the heat isnt bad and add a couple extra CFL bulbs to supplement.Your plant will be ok.Ive had them worse than that and brought them back to monsters.You need to be able to fix mistakes and grow shitty plants to learn from your mistakes,Thats how you learn to grow bad ass plants.
Starting over isnt an option.An artist doesnt crumble up every piece of artwork they start,A good one will finish it to learn from there mistakes.Its called learning.

Tonythetiger

Tonythetiger

thats better,That light sucks man.a couple cfls,will put out more than that.I would replace that light ASAP if you want to have a decent yield.With that amount of light your PPM needs to be as low as possible.Prob around 1/4 strength nutes if that.Otherwise your plant will continue to degrade.See if you can get a decent t5 fixture at least 230 watt 4 bulb or 8 bulb 450 watt.You can hover that light 12 inches maybe 10 if the heat isnt bad and add a couple extra CFL bulbs to supplement.Your plant will be ok.Ive had them worse than that and brought them back to monsters.You need to be able to fix mistakes and grow shitty plants to learn from your mistakes,Thats how you learn to grow bad ass plants.
Starting over isnt an option.An artist doesnt crumble up every piece of artwork they start,A good one will finish it to learn from there mistakes.Its called learning.
do you have any you recommend?

Tonythetiger

Tonythetiger

I also had my top drop running 24/7 for a week. Could that be another reason why this is happening?

H

heisen

I also had my top drop running 24/7 for a week. Could that be another reason why this is happening?
Naw man your light sucks.plants eat light.move the light way down and drop the ppm in the bucket.all you can do or get a better light.stay away from cheap blurple leds.either get a cob kit setup ,a quantum board or a cmh.

Tonythetiger

Tonythetiger

Naw man your light sucks.plants eat light.move the light way down and drop the ppm in the bucket.all you can do or get a better light.stay away from cheap blurple leds.either get a cob kit setup ,a quantum board or a cmh.
Do you recommend a specific kit?

H

heisen

Not really man,It really depends on your budget.Use the serach function or vit the led light forum and look at what guys are growing with.

S

Shawnery

I'm not trying to make money just trying to help. I've got some some realandro cobs, I think that's the name. They run about 200w a piece but are said to be 400w but don't believe the hype. I grew 6 plants in 5x5x7 room and they grew some nice big girls with 4 of them.

They're not the latest greatest cobs but they are cobs, real cobs. I'll let them go for half price and they're in perfect condition.

Let me know.

Roleadro COB Led Grow Light, Cree 400W Plant Grow Light Full Spectrum for Greenhouse Hydroponic Indoor Plant Growth, 2nd Generation(2018 Upgraded) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IVQ96WW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_LrM9Ab9NCEFFE

Again I'm not trying to be a dick but am honestly trying g to help. These will get you in at the ground level for a great price.

scubascrog

scubascrog

Last edited:
Tonythetiger

Tonythetiger

I would get the HLG 100 at least in 3000k instead

And as what heisen said above, depends on budget, if you can afford more that one go with how ever many you need for wattage per sq ft. I heard it was something like 30w for qbs or something I could be wrong.
is there a big difference on whether i should get the 3000 or the 4000?

S

Shawnery

If you wanted I could walk you through way Samsung DIY build? And they are some kick a** lights.

S

Shawnery

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/samsung-f564b-build-for-5-x-10-grow-room.93109/

Here's my build above for an idea of what is needed but this you would need much much less.

You will need,
6 x Samsung f564b 150.00
1 x HLG-240H-48A from 60 to 90 depending
Electrical adapter for driver and plug
100 x Wagos 221-412, 50 x Wagos 221-413, 25 x Wagos 221-415 51.00
1 x Thermal tape 7.00
1 x 18 gauge black copper 7.00
1 x 18 gauge red copper 7.00
1 x power cords 20.00
6 x 2" x 24" heatsink 45.00

You can find some of these things for cheaper but not the main parts.

Then you will need l-channel to build the frame. It's a matter of effort and return with a build your own. I'm not electrically inclined and it was a blast.

scubascrog

scubascrog

is there a big difference on whether i should get the 3000 or the 4000?

Yes you would want a 3000k to flower in I wouldnt flower in 4000k. thats more of a veg light, but 3000k has enough blue for veg IMO

S

Shawnery

Why not hit the middle and go for 3500? Asking because that's what I did and it seems to be working very well. I assume those boards don't have them but in general terms.

S

Shawnery

You don't need all the connectors either. Infact I have more than enough left over that you could use.

H

heisen

Why not hit the middle and go for 3500? Asking because that's what I did and it seems to be working very well. I assume those boards don't have them but in general terms.
I use 3500 also all the way through and they love it.

Tonythetiger

Tonythetiger

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/samsung-f564b-build-for-5-x-10-grow-room.93109/

Here's my build above for an idea of what is needed but this you would need much much less.

You will need,
6 x Samsung f564b 150.00
1 x HLG-240H-48A from 60 to 90 depending
Electrical adapter for driver and plug
100 x Wagos 221-412, 50 x Wagos 221-413, 25 x Wagos 221-415 51.00
1 x Thermal tape 7.00
1 x 18 gauge black copper 7.00
1 x 18 gauge red copper 7.00
1 x power cords 20.00
6 x 2" x 24" heatsink 45.00

You can find some of these things for cheaper but not the main parts.

Then you will need l-channel to build the frame. It's a matter of effort and return with a build your own. I'm not electrically inclined and it was a blast.
I like it. What kind of tools would I need?

S

Shawnery

Drill
Nuts and bolts
Screw driver
Scissors
Wrench
Something to cut the L-channel

That should be it.

Top Bottom