Beginner Dwc - Need Advice

• Thread starter Tonythetiger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DGP

DGP

If you use aluminum channel from the hardware store you can cut it easily with a hacksaw. All you need is hand tools to build one of these lights. I rivet mine together with a hand pop rivet gun, suuuuuper easy to build.

Dee

S

Shawnery

I can look on my frame and heat sink and recheck where I picked them up and send you the link. Then the Samsung lights fit on a single heatsink. Before you do that though just take the l-channel and cut it or buy it to match the length of the heatsink. Next just figure out how long you want it to be. You might need room for things on one side near the roof. Just predrill the holes and make sure to measure three times and cut once.

It's honestly pretty easy.

Tonythetiger

Tonythetiger

I can look on my frame and heat sink and recheck where I picked them up and send you the link. Then the Samsung lights fit on a single heatsink. Before you do that though just take the l-channel and cut it or buy it to match the length of the heatsink. Next just figure out how long you want it to be. You might need room for things on one side near the roof. Just predrill the holes and make sure to measure three times and cut once.

Do you know how much energy it sucks out of a house? Or since it’s LED it will be good on energy consumption?

Tonythetiger

Tonythetiger

If I have like a cap of about $250 is there one already made that would be good or would it be better for me to just build my own?

S

Shawnery

You could get something that worked for that much but you can most likely build a better one. It just matters how confident you are working with metal and electrical. I was confident in electrical but was very confident in fabricating. It ended up being a lot of work in my head and tedious work with my hands.

If you buy one listen to the other guys cause I don't know.

Were pretty close. If you wanted you could try out my Japanese cree cobs and see if you like them and if you do I'd be willing to sell them for 300.

I assume were close since the bay area is pretty small.

Tonythetiger

Tonythetiger

You could get something that worked for that much but you can most likely build a better one. It just matters how confident you are working with metal and electrical. I was confident in electrical but was very confident in fabricating. It ended up being a lot of work in my head and tedious work with my hands.

If you buy one listen to the other guys cause I don't know.

Were pretty close. If you wanted you could try out my Japanese cree cobs and see if you like them and if you do I'd be willing to sell them for 300.

I assume were close since the bay area is pretty small.
I really want to build one I just don’t know if I am inclined enough to make it myself.

H

heisen

I really want to build one I just don’t know if I am inclined enough to make it myself.
Rapid LED sells kits that are pretty damn nice.Thats where i got mine.Just look online man and do your research.For a 1 plant dwc you dont need that much.

Westie

Westie

I would keep the tent size in mind. How much heat the light(s) put out...how close you can run them to the canopy...if you will get a bigger tent in future.
(36” x 20” x 62” Vivosun Grow Tent)

2_Kit_triple__42468.1506966841.jpg

Tonythetiger

Tonythetiger

I would keep the tent size in mind. How much heat the light(s) put out...how close you can run them to the canopy...if you will get a bigger tent in future.
(36” x 20” x 62” Vivosun Grow Tent)

2_Kit_triple__42468.1506966841.jpg
Are you saying for me to look at this light?

Tonythetiger

Tonythetiger

Could you do that for me? I just need to know trustworthy places to get this stuff

S

Shawnery

This is what I'm saying you should just try my Japanese crew cons. A lot cheaper and almost as good, almost!

Tonythetiger

Tonythetiger

This is what I'm saying you should just try my Japanese crew cons. A lot cheaper and almost as good, almost!
I kinda want to try to build my own cause I practically built everything in my tent by myself.

S

Shawnery

I get that but remember you're on a budget! If you change your mind let me know. I'll go get the info on my metal parts a little later for you.

Top Bottom