Beginner: Lights For A 4x4

• Thread starter VegetaSama
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

ots of good places to buy reflectors

www.growershouse.com is 1.
I got my QB288 KIT from them..(HLG only sold them assembled for $25 additional) and free fgt too..
HLG charged for Fgt..great customer service and speedy delivery too..Besides, their decal looks better than the one from HLG..LOL

I was a bit un-nerved when I got it (Not Growerslights fault) since there was not even a picture to assemble it, so I watched the Utube build videos and never looked back..so easy..even I could do it:)

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

That’s nuts! I need to get in on some action like that ha

Update???
What Lights?? If Any??
Strain
How Much Volume Soil/Medium Per Plant
How Many Plants?
In a 4 x 4 if I started a pack of say 12 seeds, 100% Germ Rate ( Doesnt Always Work Out that way, but I usually get 100% germ with good, fresh seeds., but sometimes there will be undesirables, I wont waste the space, and light on. ) and got 50/50 M/F 6 females, Id veg less, and grow them out.

If possible I would take 5 cuts off of each plant, ( 30 if 6 plants. ) and then by the time these are done, the clones will be big enough to flower, and also you can keep the best pheno for a Mother because after you flower the seed plants out you will have you favorite plant, and then get rid of the others, and concentrate on growing 2 plants ( Clones ), in 20 Gallon Containers, and train them to grow Horizontally, and Do Not top them. Just Bend Them by Training them, and with 2 plant vs 1 in large containers, you can Veg Less, and still get a better production because 2 slightly smaller plants, will have more BioMass vs 1 slightly larger plant.

IMHO for a 4 x 4 tent, and an Indica Dom with some Sativa that Dominion Granny Skunk would be perfect.

For Sativa Dominant, the Dominion Skunk will produce funk Skunk, and Fire to boot. Go to Instagram, and look at Duke Dominion Va's photos, and others photos of his gear. FIRE.
The leaves on the Dominion Skunk hare YUGE!!!!
28764834 461637224251035 1210404758485991424 n

sixstring

sixstring

Update???
What Lights?? If Any??
Strain
How Much Volume Soil/Medium Per Plant
How Many Plants?
In a 4 x 4 if I started a pack of say 12 seeds, 100% Germ Rate ( Doesnt Always Work Out that way, but I usually get 100% germ with good, fresh seeds., but sometimes there will be undesirables, I wont waste the space, and light on. ) and got 50/50 M/F 6 females, Id veg less, and grow them out.

If possible I would take 5 cuts off of each plant, ( 30 if 6 plants. ) and then by the time these are done, the clones will be big enough to flower, and also you can keep the best pheno for a Mother because after you flower the seed plants out you will have you favorite plant, and then get rid of the others, and concentrate on growing 2 plants ( Clones ), in 20 Gallon Containers, and train them to grow Horizontally, and Do Not top them. Just Bend Them by Training them, and with 2 plant vs 1 in large containers, you can Veg Less, and still get a better production because 2 slightly smaller plants, will have more BioMass vs 1 slightly larger plant.

IMHO for a 4 x 4 tent, and an Indica Dom with some Sativa that Dominion Granny Skunk would be perfect.

For Sativa Dominant, the Dominion Skunk will produce funk Skunk, and Fire to boot. Go to Instagram, and look at Duke Dominion Va's photos, and others photos of his gear. FIRE.
The leaves on the Dominion Skunk hare YUGE!!!!View attachment 793891
im told it does not smell like rks at all :shifty:

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Not all of it does. Only a certain %, and I cant tell you what the % is.

The Mother of the Dominion Skunk is called POLE CAT, and there are also phenos to look for called Skunk Pussy, and Skunk Asshole. They are in there, and people have posted them on Instagram.

Even the ORIGINAL 1969 IBL SK81 Hells Angels/Uncle Festers/Club81... Original SK81... AKA known as Sk1 Does Not have ALL RKS PHENOS. Less than 20% of even the Original has RKS.

The Nature Farm Genetics, and Master Thai have the Original Uncle Festers Sk81, and are long gone. And this aint the Uncle Fester the Bomb Maker, Meth Maker, and Author. This UF was formerly a college Psyc Professor in the early 60s, and joined the Hells Angels Oakland Chapter... AKA Club81 in 1964-65. H is the 8th letter of the alphabet, and A, is the 1st letter, thus 81=HA=Hells Angels. Oakland Chapter.
Uncle Fester was born around 1935.. The modern UF.. Bomb Maker was born around 1960.

Master Thai is Original Uncle Festers Nephew.

The original Sk81/Sk1 was perfected on The Farm by Uncle Fester was IBL by 1969 by Sacred Seeds who were also Club81, and had been collecting seeds that went back to the 19 teens, and also were responsible for Romulan, which was originally a Korean brought back from the Korean War in 1952-53. Sacred Seeds started in 1948. Federation eventually got Romulan, and is now not commercially available in original form. Hybrids are available, but isn't the same as it was in the 50s-80s.
Original Sk81 was a cross of Acapulco Gold, Columbian Gold, and Pre Soviet Afghan.. Probably Kandahar.

I also strongly suspect Club81 got a lot of genetics from BOEL.
BOEL, Leary, Merry Pranksters, Janis Joplin, Jefferson Airplane, Ousley, Grateful Dead, Ken Kesey.. AKA Ken Casey at the Farm, were all frequent visitors. It would make sense Fester was acquiring genes from BOEL, along with LSD. BOEL invented Orange Sunshine

As with the Dominion, there are also Onion, Garlic, Cheese, Body Odor, Nasty Feet phenos.

Dominion is also working an RKS Line that is due out in the summer some time

Last edited:
D

DrDankPHD

Hello Everyone!

Getting prepped and ready to set up a 4x4 indoor grow. This won’t be my first grow but it will be my first grow. I attempted to grow some mids a few years back with some crap lights just for the sake of growing and I ended up tossing them cause I was paranoid.

But on to the subject of the post.

Was hoping I could receive some advice on lighting for a 4x4 Tent.
I think I’m going to run SoG with a mars ii 1200 led light. Would this be enough? Tried to upload specs but it won’t let me from my phone for some reason.

I know most are familiar with HID so if you think you have a better setup please let me know!

THanks in Advance!
I think if this your first grow. You should keep it simple. 300w to 600w HPS.

Otherwise your setting your self up for lots of headaches.

If I did go with led I would go with cree cobs.

Top Bottom