Behold The Worlds Greatest Cannabis Storage.

• Thread starter oscar169
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
admiralcornp

admiralcornp

from the office manager at bovida

We released the 54% product due to requests for something lower than the 62%RH for cannabis, only when released to the public did we notice that the solution would harden when exposed to temps lower than about 68 degrees. The Boveda was still working and would usually soften to the normal texture after warming to 68 degrees or higher. But some didn't, so we pulled it from inventory.

While we worked hard on a replacement formula, it doesn't perform with the same stability as the 62%, meaning that it didn't start and end at 54% (the 62 starts and ends at 62). Because we want to keep wowing our customers with great products, the 54 didn't satisfy our requirements. So until further notice, the 54 is permanently discontinued.

The 59% formulation is manufactured for a specific client and is not available to any other consumers or retailers at this time.

Thank you very much for your business, our hard work on new products to make your life better continues!

Regards,

Matt Osmundson
Office Manager
Boveda Inc.
https://ssl.invalid.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif

Onetwothree

Onetwothree

What does dry rot fungus eat, though? I thought it was a condition to woods, not leafy green plants.

What's really caught my attention is the discussion regarding possible dissipation or loss of terpenes. Those are what breeders have been breeding some of the best genetics for, are those flavorful terpenes!

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but has anyone done any testing with this? I've also heard that curing in jars or cvaults with the boveda packs can degrade the terpenes. Not sure if this is just a bunch of malarkey, but hey, I'd like to know. Are you guys curing your buds and then putting them in the vaults for storage, or are your buds going straight in the vaults after you take them down from drying?

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but has anyone done any testing with this? I've also heard that curing in jars or cvaults with the boveda packs can degrade the terpenes. Not sure if this is just a bunch of malarkey, but hey, I'd like to know. Are you guys curing your buds and then putting them in the vaults for storage, or are your buds going straight in the vaults after you take them down from drying?
I use a couple for storage, but I don't see the value in the lid storage part. I use them in glass mason jars all the time. They can be in contact with the product and won't condensate or have adverse effects when it contacts the flower. I usually slide one in each mason jar, and replace as they get dry and hard. I have not noticed any negative effects like terpene degradation when compared to glass, I think plastic is the worst possible container to use for MJ. I do not use cvaults to cure. Storage only for me.

I don't think it is a viable option to have these packs individually sealed. It wouldn't be worth the risk. I store mine in an extra cvault or a baggie that is sealed.

The grow shop at santafe/mississippi carries boveda's, and they also have digital and analog hygrometers that are already built and sealed into the flat part of the mason jar lid. They are accurate enough, +/- 5%. However they do it, the 62's are stable and stay at 62.

I like the idea of 'other' food grade steel, we will always pay a premium for 'MJ Storage Vault' as opposed to food grade steel storage.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

What does dry rot fungus eat, though? I thought it was a condition to woods, not leafy green plants.

What's really caught my attention is the discussion regarding possible dissipation or loss of terpenes. Those are what breeders have been breeding some of the best genetics for, are those flavorful terpenes!

I use a couple for storage, but I don't see the value in the lid storage part. I use them in glass mason jars all the time. They can be in contact with the product and won't condensate or have adverse effects when it contacts the flower. I usually slide one in each mason jar, and replace as they get dry and hard. I have not noticed any negative effects like terpene degradation when compared to glass, I think plastic is the worst possible container to use for MJ. I do not use cvaults to cure. Storage only for me.

I don't think it is a viable option to have these packs individually sealed. It wouldn't be worth the risk. I store mine in an extra cvault or a baggie that is sealed.

The grow shop at santafe/mississippi carries boveda's, and they also have digital and analog hygrometers that are already built and sealed into the flat part of the mason jar lid. They are accurate enough, +/- 5%. However they do it, the 62's are stable and stay at 62.

I like the idea of 'other' food grade steel, we will always pay a premium for 'MJ Storage Vault' as opposed to food grade steel storage.
im using the cvaults for curing without the bovedas, burping every 3 days once i get it to what i think is about 60 to 62% hanging i put it in the cvaults alone. cure it for a couple weeks and then i would put in the bovedas for longer term storage/cure.
maybe we should be using the packs during all of the cure because of their claim about the loss of terpenes?
http://www.bovedainc.com/solutions/herbal/
Screenshot 20161013 213002

Last edited:
LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I absolutely agree rapid changes in humidity affect terpene profile and content. As long as steel can seal it has a leg up on glass jars if nothing else than no more glass chards.

I don't have experience using them during drying but I assume the pack would stay active when rh is above 62.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Update its now 2017 and I'm still rocking the C-vaults.. Anyone else ever get around to trying them out ?

H

Highatollah

Just ordered some because of this thread. The price dropped on them on 420packaging.com significantly today. The mega size unit went from $90 to $65 overnight.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Just ordered some because of this thread. The price dropped on them on 420packaging.com significantly today. The mega size unit went from $90 to $65 overnight.
They do work awesome , Been using them for years.

Dan789

Dan789

After loosing some nice bud I had stored in glass, and looking for a better solution I'm now a true believer. I've got a few of the 4 liter size and zero complaints.

Top Bottom