• Thread starter JbirdKushman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Springtail?
My old eyescant tell from here my friend. But if I remember correctly I read somehwere that Springtails once thought to be a pest by some farmers arent and actually are a good sign to see them round your grow , something about soil health or something like that. They dont actually feed on your plants but they do clean up and eat decaying organic matter, which to my mind is a good thing.

Will see if I can locate the article. BRB.........

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Ahhhh Found it. To be clear tho, I haven't done a lot of follow up to see if this information is accurate but on the surface it sounds and looks legit. Heres the link. If anyone has information to the contrary plz post it up. Cause as I said for a long time Springtails got a bad name in the Ag scene. http://www.paghat.com/springtails.html

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Ahhhh Found it. To be clear tho, I haven't done a lot of follow up to see if this information is accurate but on the surface it sounds and looks legit. Heres the link. If anyone has information to the contrary plz post it up. Cause as I said for a long time Springtails got a bad name in the Ag scene. http://www.paghat.com/springtails.html
I havent read that article yet but what I know,
Is yes there beneficial,
but there presence means root problems..
I had my coco dry out in a couple pots,
and I think that has caused this breakout..
I also think they came in the coco..

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
You are correct. Not sure so much bout root issues but a medium that is soggy/too wet can attract them. Then again if over watering or soggy soil is present that would lend itself to root rot or issues.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I am concerned that they are eating my bacteria i feed my plants once a week..

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Cant say for sure but I dont think they are predators of bacteria, just decaying organic matter. But if anyone can add to this or correct me please do. Spread the info love.!!
Well Ive read this in a few articles, and at face value, it looks dishearting to say the least..

And you opened my eyes to another point,
I get N tox easy in veg with veg nutes.
Ive chalked it up to grow being high N
Calimag has N
Floralicious Plus has N
And Now I got a Hebrew Army of N producers..

You know as well as I do,
that things when wrong,
times themselves exponentially..

I just dont know the power of these lil soldiers..
But I have come to use these chems lightly,
and certain times I will pull it out the weekly res fill...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Nice clean setup you got there!!!!
Thank you bro..
I try to keep things orderly to make it easy to take care of them..
Its not the exact way I would do it if money wasnt a concern...
But after buying this UC system, im broke...
Lol and I got to wait for this run to finish befor I can even hook the UC up

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Nice clean setup you got there!!!!
I have a really really stupid question to ask, but I have to ask it...

I just bubbled tea, with Ogbiowar root and foliar packs and fed to my plants last week...
Could they have anything to do with them, you think?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Never a stupid question bro. Only stupid question is the one you don't ask. :D

I cant for the life of me come to any conclusions on why that would have anything to do with it. @EventHorizan

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Thank you bro..
I try to keep things orderly to make it easy to take care of them..
Its not the exact way I would do it if money wasnt a concern...
But after buying this UC system, im broke...
Lol and I got to wait for this run to finish befor I can even hook the UC up
you are gonna love the yeilds from the UC method. Once you get the system and enviro dialed and get thru the learning curve.:cool:

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Never a stupid question bro. Only stupid question is the one you don't ask. :D

I cant for the life of me come to any conclusions on why that would have anything to do with it. @EventHorizan
me either, but I found a post where he had them right after using too but he also was using h + g coco too, which I think harbored the eggs, and the caps beenies was super food for them and they exploded in numbers after the feeding..

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
if you know RDWC than the transition should be easey peasy for ya.:D

Top Bottom