Beneficial Microbes In Recirculating Systems (ebb Flow, Rdwc, Etc)

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Recirculating is defined as using the same nutrient solution during the grow using a pump and reservoir. Pump>feed plants>water comes back to res>gets pumped back to plants etc.

Recipe:

Make a compost tea the simple way, following the biobrew recipe on the ogbiowar site. You may brew the tea for up to 24 hours, even if the instructions say 2-4. If you cannot brew a tea, don't worry you may add the ingredients together, and apply without brewing. OG BIOWAR has live microbes in it already, specifically the ones you need to do some serious damage to shit trying to bring your plants down and is good to go straight out of the bag.

DON'T FORGET TO LET THE TEA/MIXTURE SETTLE FOR 5 MINUTES, before pouring/scooping the solution off the top and leaving the majority of talc carrier behind, stuck to the bottom of the mixing vessel.

Add this tea (or mixture if you didn't brew) @1-2 cups per 5 gallons of nutrient solution, once a week... preferably right after a nutrient change out. That's roughly a 1 part tea, 100 parts nutrient solution mixture, or 1:100 tea:nutrient solution.

Do not use bleach, H202, zone, pool shock etc while using the beneficial microbes as you will be killing off your micro herd. If you need to sterilize, do that first. Fill with fresh nutes after sterilizing and add back microbes the following day.

Happy farming,

Cap

mojavegreen

mojavegreen

just about to pull the trigger on some of the ogbiowar bennies cap. been runnin a dead rez for a minute after a bout with pythium. had some mycogrow, subculture-b&m, and ewc on hand so i started my brew last night. bit of molasses, and neptunes harvest for food. ditched the airstones for a small pump for flooming.

jpdnkstr

jpdnkstr

Just pulled the trigger on 8oz foliar, 16oz root pack. I am interested in knowing compatability with enzyme products, specifically "pond zyme", also if filter pump bags will interfere with microbe distribution? I run a slightly modified aeroflo setup, and promix occasionally(mostly seedlings), but am interested in running rockwool DTW soon..... Any input from anyone using these products will be greatly appreciated! I can't wait to see the results!

A

Amberevil

So am I to mix up the root pack with just black molasses if I don't want to make it into a tea?

I'm just running one 30 gallon 6 pot ebb and flow with hydroton and a water chiller. I don't want to make a large batch of tea that will go bad right? And after how long?

I know there is a lot of information about these bennies out there but I keep looking and can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that there are these commercial liquid bottles like hydroguard that don't have a short life. Can I make something like that with the root pack?

J

Jonny7344

So I am really wanting to run biowars microbes, but I have a lingering question before I pick some up. I run current culture rdwc systems. I read everywhere that adding black strap molasses is a big no no in these systems.
Is there another food source i can use in place of black strap to make this tea?

RDWCnoobe

RDWCnoobe

Idk but I ams currently running unsulfured molasses to my res and no issues added week 6 of veg the last week before flip and in week 2 I bumped it up currently in week 3 no issues I see huge buds idk what everyone is talking about I use root stimulator by clonex and no issues since day 1 I run rdwc and almost never change my water

Top Bottom