Bennies In Undercurrent System

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

For anyone whom has ever attempted running an active system in hydro what were the issues you ran into with it and how did you overcome or prepare for these issues.

I made some tea with Bu's Biodynamic Compost tea and molasses. I also made some bio ball canisters out of 3" net cups and neoprene collars.

I'm wondering if you guys think that the bio ball canisters will be enough surface area for the beneficial bacteria to colonize until the root system gets going. I have them floating in the epi center right next to the waterfall from the water pump.

Any advice besides don't do it would be appreciated. I've read so many threads back and forth of people who swear by it and other who swear never to do it ever.

DGP

DGP

Some folks are experimenting with it and I have used Photo Plus in my reservoir but I know it can be real challenging.

There is a group of people who n are using Nectar of the Gods in hydro, you might want to get on their forums and read up on what they are trying. Nectar is a bio organic so it is very much live material.

Dee

DGP

DGP

Did some further reading and it looks like there are some solid reasons why the calcium based nectar line would not work in hydro but beneficial bacteria maybe.....I misinterpreted your post in that you were asking about bennies and not nutes. Like I said photo plus is intended for both soil and hydro.

S

Shawnery

The problem seems to be allowing the bacteria a place to colonize and not just hibernate or die. That was my reason for adding the home made bi ball canisters.

I guess we'll know in a couple days whether or not it was a bad idea or not.

Top Bottom