Best 10" Inline Fan?

• Thread starter juno77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

juno77

Hiya, hope you all are having a great day so far.

I'm looking to get two 10 inch inline fans for my grow tent. One for intake, the other for outtake.

I'm trying to decide which one to buy as most of my options I have chosen so far are quite expensive so I should choose wisely.

Here are my options for 10 inch inline fans so far:

Hyper Fan Digital Mixed Flow Fan - 10 Inch | 1065 CFM | Energy Efficient Technology, Quiet Operation - 1065 rated CFM @ 170 Watt - $204.51x2

Or

Hyper Fan Stealth 10 in 1065 CFM - 1065 rated CFM @ ??? Watt - $336.99x2 - Supposed to be much quieter?

Does anyone know of any other 10 inch fans I can hook up with ducting rated for high static pressure like these fans that have 170 watts or less with rated 1000+ CFM? Or are these two choices my best bet?

Also is the "Stealth version" of the 10 inch Hyper fan you think worth it? Will it blow just as much air as the non stealth version or do you think with that added stuff to enclosure of the fan it will produce less air flow?

D

DrDankPHD

Get it at 12 inch fan it will be quieter upsize ur fan and filter the. Run it slower it will be quieter.

Or duct down 12 inch to 10 inch.

J

juno77

Hey DrDankPHD, can you please suggest me a 12 inch fan?

I would love a 12 inch Fan, but not sure which one to buy.

Do you know of a fan that is better than the Hyper Fan Stealth 10 inch?

https://www.amazon.com/Hyper-Fan-Stealth-1065-CFM/dp/B00S27SSGQ

It is 1065 CFM @ 170 watts max stats, and very quiet with good static pressure. Do you know of any 12 inch model fan that has better CFM / Watt ratio than this 10 inch fan that is also quiet?

I have been looking for a long time, please point me in the right direction if you know of any or see any

dan1989

dan1989

You don't want to have your intake fan the same size as your extraction or you won't achieve negative pressure. Go lower on the intake. Have you looked at RVK fans?

J

juno77

I was planning on using an carbon filter on the intake fan which will restrict air flow so it won't be the same CFM as the outtake fan. Btw I'm dealing with 4,800 watts of in 4x2x7 gorilla grow tent

D

DrDankPHD

Hey DrDankPHD, can you please suggest me a 12 inch fan?

I would love a 12 inch Fan, but not sure which one to buy.

Do you know of a fan that is better than the Hyper Fan Stealth 10 inch?

https://www.amazon.com/Hyper-Fan-Stealth-1065-CFM/dp/B00S27SSGQ

It is 1065 CFM @ 170 watts max stats, and very quiet with good static pressure. Do you know of any 12 inch model fan that has better CFM / Watt ratio than this 10 inch fan that is also quiet?

I have been looking for a long time, please point me in the right direction if you know of any or see any

Canfilters.com. Their fans are decent there a 12" or 14". Just duct it down. Use speed controller. Can fans

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

4x2x7? 2'x4'x7' or 56 sq. ft.?????? A computer tower fan would cool that space. You're cooling space not wattage, fyi. And no Hyper Stealth will not restrict flow over the standard model.

D

DrDankPHD

I was planning on using an carbon filter on the intake fan which will restrict air flow so it won't be the same CFM as the outtake fan. Btw I'm dealing with 4,800 watts of in 4x2x7 gorilla grow tent

Just noticed that using 4800 Watts? Is that just lights? That a lot of power for a 7 ft height tent. 4x2.

Assuming this is for flower. You can probably do one 7 ft not enough clearing for 1000 watt de. You'll have to dim it down. U might want use a 600w cmh. Dm if you need any help with lighting don't like To start light wars.

sixstring

sixstring

Lol the tent is going to cave in from the pressure of the fan sucking air out.i use a 10in fan to exhaust a 22 x 18 x 10h room.
As far as noise those hyper fans are not quiet.they are good at moving air for the power they use.but my 10in vortex is much quieter than the 10in hyper is.and the hyper actually seems to get louder the more you slow em down until you get below 50%

B

Burned Haze

I’ve tried 5+ differnet brands over the years but if it was me I would pay the extra cash for a vortex cause not only do they seem to last longer but they seem to be quieter and the overall components are a grade above.

dan1989

dan1989

The pic doesn't really do it justice but you may be able to see how much my 5" rvk sucks in the walls of my 4' x 4' x 7' tent. I can't imagine how you would fit so many lights safely in the tent, but they would need to be air cooled at the very least. Besides that, your 10" fan would suck the sides in so far you would probably lose a square foot of space just from that. You're working with half the horizontal space I am, and the single HPS has taken up most of my space.

IMG 20180402 112134

dan1989

dan1989

The pic doesn't really do it justice but you may be able to see how much my 5" rvk sucks in the walls of my 4' x 4' x 7' tent. I can't imagine how you would fit so many lights safely in the tent, but they would need to be air cooled at the very least. Besides that, your 10" fan would suck the sides in so far you would probably lose a square foot of space just from that. You're working with half the horizontal space I am, and the single HPS has taken up most of my space.

View attachment 789484 View attachment 789485

Btw yeah I know it looks a mess in the top of my tent with all the rope ratchets

P

PassTheJ

• 4x8 Tent
  • Hurricane 8 inch 745 CFM Fan x 2
  • Phresh 24" Canister x 2
Both fans going out.. My tent vents act as the intake. So much negative pressure on full blast, it rips the tent at the seams. If you stick your head at the end of my vent, it's like riding a motorcycle at 60..

1. The guy who says he has 5000 watts isn't talking about real wattage out the wall. I'm running 4800 watts LED but it's closer to 1940 watts out the wall. It's still alot and far superior then running a 1000 watt HPS imo..

2.. Dan... Fire hazard bro.. Seriously lol..

20171016 115700
20180113 211213

MissBotany

MissBotany

You don't want to have your intake fan the same size as your extraction or you won't achieve negative pressure. Go lower on the intake. Have you looked at RVK fans?

This made me laugh because I did that and my tent nearly collapsed! You should of seen me scrambling to get the stupid fan shut off.

dan1989

dan1989

• 4x8 Tent
  • Hurricane 8 inch 745 CFM Fan x 2
  • Phresh 24" Canister x 2
Both fans going out.. My tent vents act as the intake. So much negative pressure on full blast, it rips the tent at the seams. If you stick your head at the end of my vent, it's like riding a motorcycle at 60..

1. The guy who says he has 5000 watts isn't talking about real wattage out the wall. I'm running 4800 watts LED but it's closer to 1940 watts out the wall. It's still alot and far superior then running a 1000 watt HPS imo..

2.. Dan... Fire hazard bro.. Seriously lol..

View attachment 789977 View attachment 789978

Don't worry, you can't see it in the pic but I've got the slack end of the ropes tucked nice and out of the way inside the hood where the bulb thingy is. I think someone said I need a balustrade or ballast or something but I plugged it straight into the wall and its been mostly fine.

Lol on a serious note the pic makes it look way worse than it actually is. Obviously the ones at the top holding the fan, filter are ok. The ones near the light look a little sketchy but I've got an LED that shines on the girls when the HPS is off, that will be gone soon when I'm back onto photoperiod. They are nice and out of the way from the light anyhow :)

Edit: I have a lumatek 600w ballast ;) and a fire extinguisher :D

D

DrDankPHD

View attachment 789484 View attachment 789485

FYI if I see u cool your hoods if up size your filter and 8" fan to suck out.

I used a 350 cmh.

You lose par with an enclosed fixture. Besides all the duct in tiny area.

Then I use a 6" duct fan blowing into the bottom of then tent.

Those soft green ties are great to keep all those rachet lines orgranized.

I like to keep electrical off the floor. organized. So they don't rub.

Top Bottom