Best 630w Cmh Brand?

• Thread starter fortphoenix
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fortphoenix

fortphoenix

im looking to put 2 630w over my 4x8 tray, I know theres dimlix, nanolux, growerschoice, sunsystems and more but which is best? is it better to get a fixture that takes a single 630w double ended bulb or one that takes 2 315w bulbs? is 3000k red better than 3100k for flower? any help is appreciated

fortphoenix

fortphoenix

I personally use growerschoice and solistek :)
thanks for the response, do you use the fixture that uses 2 315w bulbs or the one that uses 1 630w DE bulb? and i was wondering why you chose one over the other? and do you use 3000k or 3100k for flower?

Freshone

Freshone

I use growershouse prism ballasts and SS vert hoods but it's all personal preference.I think the key is the bulb and Philips is the originator of the 315 bulb and the one company who has been around forever and will be long after the others have moved on copying the newest latest and greatest.

fortphoenix

fortphoenix

I use growershouse prism ballasts and SS vert hoods but it's all personal preference.I think the key is the bulb and Philips is the originator of the 315 bulb and the one company who has been around forever and will be long after the others have moved on copying the newest latest and greatest.
phillips also consistently gets the best results on bulb comparison tests but yeah thats what i like about sun system 315 its powered on a built in phillips brand ballast and obviously uses and comes with a phillips bulb

fortphoenix

fortphoenix

Go with the dual bulb and run a 3k and 4k
im only able to choose 1 bulb color for the dual either has to be both 3k or 4k, with that said would you still suggest the dual bulb fixture over the single DE fixture?

B

Burned Haze

^ (options of bulb) I thought same thing , growers should have a choice on their purchase when those kind of things can make alll the difference . What’s the issue lol

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

GC doesn' sell my personal needed bulbs. I had to source my t9 942 bulbs from Amazon. Link in the club 315 thread.

K

Krypto94

Impeccable timing fellas! My wife and I and my partner have been talking about this very topic for a couple weeks now. We will be upgrading at least one of our lights this Christmas and I am sold on the Dual 630 Watts CMH. I haven't really given it much thought about the brand yet. My wife wants to stick with the tried-and-true HPS and my partner is an LED Junkie. lol
I'm thinking if my research is even close that the CMH would be a no-brainer. But if they are that good why are they not more popular??? I realize that's a bit of a rhetorical question. But if you had to convince me to go with the CMH as opposed to the other two what would your argument be?

K

Krypto94

Impeccable timing fellas! My wife and I and my partner have been talking about this very topic for a couple weeks now. We will be upgrading at least one of our lights this Christmas and I am sold on the Dual 630 Watts CMH. I haven't really given it much thought about the brand yet. My wife wants to stick with the tried-and-true HPS and my partner is an LED Junkie. lol
I'm thinking if my research is even close that the CMH would be a no-brainer. But if they are that good why are they not more popular??? I realize that's a bit of a rhetorical question. But if you had to convince me to go with the CMH as opposed to the other two what would your argument be?
Also this is Krypto. Krypto94 is my online alter-ego since I lost my password. LOL , Logic is on the case as we speak.
Happy holidays to everyone!

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
They are that good but you pay for it up front. That’s what most people can’t afford to do and that’s why they are less popular.

Krypto

Krypto

I would go with a 630 for my tents. But they're 4x4. And I'm not sure how a 215 measures up against a 600hps, but from what I've learned a 630 can get close to producing what a 1000w hps will. And the Spectrum is just way better.

M

madamimadam

1x315 is close a to a 600. Not = but very close. If you can toss 2 x 315
Thanks for the info! Got a 315 as an early Xmas gift. Going to run a 600 hps and the 315 lec in my 5x5 tent. Trying to decide if I want to add another 600 hps or a 4’ T5 with led. Any thoughts?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Swap that 600 for another 315 and you will very much like the rewards. I' pulling 1x315 from my veg room. I don' need 3, I can do very well with hoods. My th spares like his getting huge!

M

madamimadam

Swap that 600 for another 315 and you will very much like the rewards. I' pulling 1x315 from my veg room. I don' need 3, I can do very well with hoods. My th spares like his getting huge!
I wish I can afford another lec. On my list after harvest in 7-8 weeks. I do have the hps and led on hand. Next round thinking 2 315 lec and a 600 hps.

Top Bottom