Best Books That Are Somewhat Recent

• Thread starter somethingwit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
somethingwit

somethingwit

I already have one or two of Jorge Cervantes' books, and looking to get his Encyclopedia soon, however, most of the other books out there that I have come across were published in the very early 2000's, 90's, and even before.

I know there has been a lot of tech improvement, as well as methods and other tools that we use since those were published like one Cervantes book I got did not even mention LEDs. I forgot the year that it was published, but you have to admit, whether you like them or not, LEDs are mainstream and pretty big the last several years. Since I am committing to LED growing, can anyone recommend any books on this?

Also, looking for other general cannabis (growing, as well as anatomy/biology) related books that have been published sometime in the last five or so years.

One last request... Any recent and relevant books on breeding as well. Since I'm doing this for medicinal, once I get to know what I am doing, I really want to start making my own the way I'm wanting it.

Thanks, fella Farmers

Last edited:
somethingwit

somethingwit

And while I am at it, has anyone come across any cited works regarding the usage of LEDs for indoor growing, and even more specifically, cannabis growing indoors? I'll take anything, but again I would really love to hear some titles or links to works that are pretty recent.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Check Amazon for "TLO" growing by the REV, he's cultivating editor from Skunk magazine.
It's a good read and it covers a "True Living Organics" style of growing.
I try to follow his guidelines, get as close to his style as i can... results are top notch.
His 2nd edition just released a year ago...

https://www.amazon.com/True-Living-Organics-All-Natural-Marijuana/dp/1937866092

I have found some amazing videos of leds and grow styles on Youtube, you just have to filter through the bs...but they are there.

good luck

Bannacis

Bannacis

Awesome, and thanks! Got it in my "List" and will be ordering it on Monday.
Plus read Skunk magazine, it is one the best out there. The rev is always throwing some knowledge out there. Believe this, Barnes and Noble carries a decent selection of grow books in their garden section. be worth checking out.

somethingwit

somethingwit

Plus read Skunk magazine, it is one the best out there. The rev is always throwing some knowledge out there. Believe this, Barnes and Noble carries a decent selection of grow books in their garden section. be worth checking out.

Think I would be able to find Skunk magazine at B&N? And the books on growing there, are they targeted at this, I guess you can say, topic?

Bannacis

Bannacis

Think I would be able to find Skunk magazine at B&N? And the books on growing there, are they targeted at this, I guess you can say, topic?
B&N has many cannabis magazines, and in their garden section they had quite a few cannabis grow books.

Leew421

Leew421

Your own experiences will trump any book you read. I suggest try everything and see what works best for you. Everyone will have different results.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Grow books from different Authors that cover from sprouting to curing are good to get an understanding of what the basics and some pro tips to pay tention too, plus watching videos and such help too.
Just be careful of some info and just try crap out on your girls only to find it bs.
I did a lot of reading and reading, You can find the similar mindset between the different growers. Everybody has different technics or doohicky ways of get results. There is a ton of ways to do about every thing in every step of growing...lol... for example..popping beans...paper towel method, dropping in shot glass of water...or the original way,just planting in a small pot, but then...peat pot, jiffy plug, rockwool, coco... see what i mean? Ever thang you can think of...theres 20 people will do it some other way. that's where you get the things that work for You.
Doing it and learning is the best way for sure, but best to know as much you can, cause it sux to lose your plants. And it also will get you to at least know what is what when asking for advise.
This Forum is a lot of help, Always give as much info on your grow (pics if needed) as you can for best results.
Your gonna get a lot of info to try specific gear or what not. Stick with what you can handle and afford.
Keep it simple, never over water, Less is more, and at harvest if it looks ready...wait another week...lol
Be patient... :cool:

somethingwit

somethingwit

Grow books from different Authors that cover from sprouting to curing are good to get an understanding of what the basics and some pro tips to pay tention too, plus watching videos and such help too.
Just be careful of some info and just try crap out on your girls only to find it bs.
I did a lot of reading and reading, You can find the similar mindset between the different growers. Everybody has different technics or doohicky ways of get results. There is a ton of ways to do about every thing in every step of growing...lol... for example..popping beans...paper towel method, dropping in shot glass of water...or the original way,just planting in a small pot, but then...peat pot, jiffy plug, rockwool, coco... see what i mean? Ever thang you can think of...theres 20 people will do it some other way. that's where you get the things that work for You.
Doing it and learning is the best way for sure, but best to know as much you can, cause it sux to lose your plants. And it also will get you to at least know what is what when asking for advise.
This Forum is a lot of help, Always give as much info on your grow (pics if needed) as you can for best results.
Your gonna get a lot of info to try specific gear or what not. Stick with what you can handle and afford.
Keep it simple, never over water, Less is more, and at harvest if it looks ready...wait another week...lol
Be patient... :cool:

I gotta say that I love how everything was put lol.

T

tweakdragon

Teaming with microbes, teaming with nutrients and any all around new agriculture papers put out by colleges. I jus read an interesting article on the benefits of using seaweed and humid acid together makes it 50 times more effective. Weed books are pretty shitty imo unless u are a first time grower. I learned more on cannabis world and overgrown then I ever did reading any book
Pretty accurate. And even having known how to grow I felt most books were introducing people to weed. However, the older books seemed to offer more diagrams. Which personally I feel is super valuable.

Though I would like for all the edible books to not be written by blog writers.

F

FutureGrower

Teaming with microbes, teaming with nutrients and any all around new agriculture papers put out by colleges. I jus read an interesting article on the benefits of using seaweed and humid acid together makes it 50 times more effective. Weed books are pretty shitty imo unless u are a first time grower. I learned more on cannabis world and overgrown then I ever did reading any book

This. If you want to learn biology and how stuff works to the extent that we know (theres masses that we dont) the 3 teaming with books are fantastic.

One straw revolution was way before its time too but might not be as fitting

Top Bottom