Best Breeder Collab Ever??

• Thread starter kansabis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kansabis

Was just checking out second generation genetics ig and seen they are working on a collab with Bodhi,they are starting by hitting six clones from bodhi with the f4 blueberry male and seeing what happens. I think its the start of something great and expect more great collabs like this from reputable of breeders in the near future. What do yall think?

BioStimz

BioStimz

Or maybe you can start getting beans from a good source, all my Bodhi beans are in Bodhi packs
Do your Bodhi packs look like this?

20171104 115855

zeNeTixGeNre

zeNeTixGeNre

You guys are funny complaining about bodhis packaging

Bodhi has stated numerous times that he primarily breeds for F1 hybrids

The entire breeding scene these days does 1 off crosses and 90% of the time if two quality strains are used the f1 vigor will shine thru
Very little breeders work the same strains over and over. The ones that do are no where near as popular as cannarado , bodhi , etc
All you can ask is a fair price and replacements for the other 10%

BioStimz

BioStimz

You guys are funny complaining about bodhis packaging

Bodhi has stated numerous times that he primarily breeds for F1 hybrids

The entire breeding scene these days does 1 off crosses and 90% of the time if two quality strains are used the f1 vigor will shine thru
Very little breeders work the same strains over and over. The ones that do are no where near as popular as cannarado , bodhi , etc
All you can ask is a fair price and replacements for the other 10%
There's nothing wrong with his product.... just the packaging - but it ain't gonna stop me from purchasing more lol

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I would love to see rare dankness and top dawg. Or shit fuck that top dawg and 303 seed co

K

kansabis

I'd like to see anybody that cares enough about the plant and what it can do for humankind to come together and push out all the fakes and people just looking for a quick buck. I know that wont happen completely but pollen chucking or not if you mix two quality strains from two quality breeders you more than likely get quality beans.

K

kansabis

That's pollen chucking not breeding. Hitting 6 clones with an f4 blueberry male. Lol.
Yes in the technical aspect but they will be going thru those beans and refining the crosses some I'm sure,even if they don't,almost all of jd's crosses now are elite clones to the bb male and are all spectacular and i know I don't have to tell you of bodhi's quality. Besides doesn't mother nature pollen chuck and create amazing things,not trying to be rude or argumentative just saying everything in life is up to the chance given and choice made.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yes in the technical aspect but they will be going thru those beans and refining the crosses some I'm sure,even if they don't,almost all of jd's crosses now are elite clones to the bb male and are all spectacular and i know I don't have to tell you of bodhi's quality. Besides doesn't mother nature pollen chuck and create amazing things,not trying to be rude or argumentative just saying everything in life is up to the chance given and choice made.

I understand and there could be great plants resulting. But crossing 2 "elite" clones does not guarantee good genetics at all. There are many more steps to take. The current way they do things is not do the actual breeding work and give seeds to other growers to test them.

my favorite breeders Grow 100's of plants to find the 1 good one to breed and make seeds of.

BioStimz

BioStimz

If ya take 2 cannabis cup-winning strains and cross them..... you ain't gonna get nothin' but cannabis cup-winning genetics.

Nom sayin?

~

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well if the two clones have truly elite genetics it does --> Unless you can explain how crossing the two would elicit anything other.... than elite genetics.

I am not going to get into this much more than to say that the reason they are considered elite clones is because they were the one plant out of many that was good enough to keep from all the seeds planted. When you cross them all of the other possible pheno types will likely show. And it is unlikely to get a copy of either or even an even split between the 2 parents.

Or they wouldn't be considered special.

Well bred strains give only a few pheno's. but it is a long process to find the true breeding plants.

BioStimz

BioStimz

I am not going to get into this much more than to say that the reason they are considered elite clones is because they were the one plant out of many that was good enough to keep from all the seeds planted. When you cross them all of the other possible pheno types will likely show. And it is unlikely to get a copy of either or even an even split between the 2 parents.

Or they wouldn't be considered special.

Well bred strains give only a few pheno's. but it is a long process to find the true breeding plants.
I agree with you 100 percent..... it's just that everyone's definition of elite is different - Just like mine. I'd minimally be using stable F4's, so I wouldn't be worrying about pheno-variance too much.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Well if the two clones have truly elite genetics it does --> Unless you can explain how crossing the two would elicit anything other.... than elite genetics.
Simple my friend say you cross sour d and cookies fourm cut. Well one would think straight fire but you cross them and the f1 gen comes out and they are all hermie because of the elite cuts carry the hermi trait so some extent . take Mike Jordan lets say he sleeps with serina williams and they have 100 kids how many will be athletes? How many will be born with a birth difect? Thing is you never know what each plant passes on till its worked. Ive seen plants that were both stable and amazing but some where along the line in the f3 gen i started seeing hermies the closer i got to what my goal was of leaning to the clones mother side of things all because the mom carried the hermi gene . think recessive traits

K

kansabis

I think we all agree to a certain point. The bbf4 male is stable and the bodhi cuts are not as stable but I think most people either want a truly stable strain with little variance in phenos or a vigorous hybrid they can pheno hunt for their own personal fav. Life and genetics is always a gamble but I trust bodhi and the short family to deliver quality products at a competitive price. Most elite clones are simply someone's favorite pheno that's been kept and hyped up to be the next big thing and then things usually go downhill from there lol. We all have our preferences when it comes to our plants and that is why variety is important not flooding the market and gene pool with a certain cut or strain especially when most of em come from the same family tree.

Top Bottom