Best Breeder Collab Ever??

• Thread starter kansabis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kansabis

like.. I'm a troll

I won't deny that

but real recognize real and I wouldn't be where I am if that wasn't fact.

word has always been bond in my book.

and the fact is I've always been true to it.

I've never whored shit out
I do what I'm supposed too
and I'm a G.
lol
I signed up here at 16
If my profile wasn't private u could see what I was doing then

I've PUT IN WORK and HELLA effort

but yes I am a troll

Putting someone on the offensive takes like 4 months of bullshit chit chat and acquaintance out the equation

People show their true colors when irate
even tho it's a one sided side of them it's still more raw then whatever online persona they have

View attachment 765841

View attachment 765842
Yeah its always fun to test people and find out their true colors,if you are good at reading people its really easy to push the right buttons and get the results your looking for,but it can also be a very thin line especially in person with people you really don't know like you think you do.

zeNeTixGeNre

zeNeTixGeNre

"People tend to hate me cause I never smile as I ransack their home they wanna shake my hand"

Shamus is the seaker

I'm just hear for the blow back queen drama .

We all gotta look at that car crash as much as were pissed about the traffic

Shamus

Shamus

Smh wtf is that dog

it's like ur humor got hit with an ugly stick

don't worry there's tons of humor challenged people out there.

u do u do dog
everyday is another success
just gotta tell yourself that

K

kansabis

Shit everyday I'm alive sure is a success,yeah my humor is all over the place and prolly pretty ugly as am I but it wasn't meant to make you laugh. So crawl back under that bridge mr. Troll.

coloradoBTC

coloradoBTC

Threw me off you being on topic lol that would be a very nice combo.
lol it really did spiral out of control but Im reading shamus' first grow thread now so thats cool
the reason I want to see a bodhi male is because I was listening to a call in show and like ten fucking people called in to compliment bodhi on his male selection or wanted to know how he comes to his final contestant

amsterdammer

amsterdammer

Tangie Ghost Train, grew it a few times and is a very nice strain and one of few real collabs.
Ofcourse this collaboration was Rare Dankness (GTH#1) and DNA (Tangie)

Clones 01
GTH d
K

kansabis

lol it really did spiral out of control but Im reading shamus' first grow thread now so thats cool
the reason I want to see a bodhi male is because I was listening to a call in show and like ten fucking people called in to compliment bodhi on his male selection or wanted to know how he comes to his final contestant

Yeah I've heard the same,he does seem to have a touch with selecting great males,he also does many crosses with them which helps distinguish what the male is adding and that makes a big difference if you ask me.

Inbudwetrust

Inbudwetrust

View attachment 765845 like.. I'm a troll

I won't deny that

but real recognize real and I wouldn't be where I am if that wasn't fact.

word has always been bond in my book.

and the fact is I've always been true to it.

I've never whored shit out
I do what I'm supposed too
and I'm a G.
lol
I signed up here at 16
If my profile wasn't private u could see what I was doing then

I've PUT IN WORK and HELLA effort

but yes I am a troll

Putting someone on the offensive takes like 4 months of bullshit chit chat and acquaintance out the equation

People show their true colors when irate
even tho it's a one sided side of them it's still more raw then whatever online persona they have

View attachment 765841

View attachment 765842

View attachment 765846
SWEET BBC Jacket in a 40 dolla Motel 6. BALLIN SON

Organikz

Organikz

Bodhi is more than likely a true breeder. He isn't going to bottleneck genetics. He probably selects 4 of his best males.

K

kansabis

Bodhi is more than likely a true breeder. He isn't going to bottleneck genetics. He probably selects 4 of his best males.
Actually just sprouted my first bodhi beans today,3 lemon lotus freebies,from what I've heard he is very respected and trusted,I notice consistency and yet also variety get delivered(stable genetics and many crosses/choices). Can't wait to see what they do,have 3 bodhi packs to run still also.

SinCity

SinCity

I'm thinking we need to review our definitions. A genotype is.... and a phenotype is... and for extra credit phenomics is...

SinCity

SinCity

i'm serious. so much of this seems to be a fundamental misunderstanding of what a genotype is and genetic relationship to phenotype, etc.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Morning fellas. After arguing all day the other day with a homey about the differences in geno vs phenotype I found some information explaining the 2 that was pretty spot on. Of course what you will see is being controlled by copy n paste but it is solid information,I take no credit for the source but will attest the info is accurate. pasted below

Many growers tend to misuse the words genotype and phenotype when talking about cannabis. Let’s clear the smoke around this issue and resolve all the unnecessary confusion.

There’s a point in the life of every grower when suddenly questions arise. Most of the time, this moment of confusion comes right after completing the first couple of grows, and at the latest, when the same strain is repeatedly grown using the identical set-up.

Why in the world does every single cannabis plant grown from seed look slightly different?

When these or similar questions remain unanswered, a logical reaction for a rookie grower would be to switch to another breeder. The more experienced cultivators know that this phenomenon, meaning variations among different plants of the same strain, is natural and won’t get any better by changing the seed supplier. We have to keep in mind that seeds are products of living organisms and the outcome of a natural breeding process, hence unique as any person, animal or plant on earth. Although it’s tempting to characterize all the things around us, we’re quick to reach limitations when dealing with nature.

GENOTYPE, ENVIRONMENT, PHENOTYPE
Every living organism is the result of evolution that works by the same basic principle. The genotype or genetic code carries all the genetic information regarding growth, appearance, and all the characteristics we can later observe. It’s crucial to understand that a genotype or genetic code is not something that is set in stone but rather defines a certain range of possibilities. It mainly depends on the environment the organism lives in what specific bits and pieces of the genotype will be activated. The interaction between genotype and environment results in a phenotype, meaning the physical expression of certain genes the environment triggered.

genotype (G) + environment (E) + genotype and environment interactions (GE) = phenotype (P)

QUICK EXAMPLE: PURPLE STRAINS

Let’s examine a cannabis related example to get a better idea. You purchase seeds from a reputable breeder and intend to grow a purple strain. Instead of growing all plants in your indoor grow tent, you’ll decide on moving half of your plants outdoors. Besides the fact that no plant seems to be identical to one another, you’ll notice that the plants in your outdoor garden are much richer in purple colours compared to the ones in your indoor grow tent. Although the genotype carries the information to produce purple hues, it’s the environment, and in this particular case, the temperatures of the environment, that allow two different physical expressions (phenotypes) from seemingly the same genetic code (genotype).

THE COMMON MISASSUMPTION
We got the idea that the environment is the determining factor influencing a genotype to express different phenotypes, but this doesn’t answer the initial question why every cannabis plant grown from seed appears to be slightly different, even when it’s grown in a constant environment of an indoor grow room.

How can a strain possibly express different phenotypes when the environment doesn’t change?

Well, it’s maybe an inconvenient truth, but every single cannabis seed has its unique genotype. Many growers assume that seeds from the same cannabis strain share an identical genetic code and understandingly expect homogeneous growth. Unfortunately, this is a common misassumption. There are lots of people using the term phenotype to describe the variations of plants they get from the same strain grown from seed. In fact, and what they usually don’t know, they’re talking about different genotypes. It’s not only the environment that determines phenotypic expression, but logically also the genotype itself.

When you purchase seeds of a certain strain, you’ll receive “family members” of this strain that share a large percentage of genetics with thousands of (inbred) siblings, yet they’re not identical twins. The genotype is usually very close to identical, but there are still differences, comparable to fraternal twins if you will. That’s the main reason why every cannabis plant grown from seed expresses slight variations regarding characteristics like plant height, yield, flavour, etc. – the genotype of seeds is usually not identical.

END THE PHENOTYPE DILEMMA: SEEDS VS CLONES
If you want to take homogeneity to the next level, you have two different options. The first option is to germinate more seeds as you intend to grow, and simply select the ones that express the desired traits at an early stage. But if you’re aiming for maximum efficiency and consistency, your best option is to select a mother plant to take clones from. These clones copy the genotype of the mother plant 1:1 and you’ll continuously end up with the same phenotype assuming a constant environment. Let’s say you grow one of these identical clones using a hydro set-up, and one in organic soil. This varying environment might result in different phenotypes of the same genotype.

Last edited:
Top Bottom