best butane to use?

• Thread starter Krypto1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
the correct answer to the 2009 thread and OP is NO butane is the best to use.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Ha ha ha...…………….. Left turn clyde :p To be clear clyde I was talking to the OP from the 2009 post. Get with the times. Smoke live resin you'll live longer. And who was talking to you anyway. Kick rocks......

Madbud

Madbud

Its still an open question jc, i flick a bic thirty plus times per day. Thinking about the half dozen refillables laying around and some premium butane instead of basic Zippo Ronson fuel.

JG420

JG420

So far iv had best results with vector either classic 12 or premium 14 even better but I still want to try whip it butane and puretane which is supposed to be a food grade butane so that sounds promising but I cant find it in stores so i need to buy it online. I heard colbri was the best by older folks although they supposidly went out of business but they are still being sold so I dont know who's actually making it

JG420

JG420

@Papa Hemp there are 2 parts to making bho (butane hash oil) extraction and evacuation. In the first part butane pulls the essential oils of the plant leaving a oil liquid butane mixture behind but since butane boils at room temp and many ppl use the double boil mathed or a digital heat pad to accelerate the process leaving a thicker honey like oil behind finally you put in a vacuum chamber to finish purging out any butane, water etc. Since all the butane is purged out and the food grade butane you should be using has like 14ppm meaning for every million butane particle there is 14 particles of other stuff, co2, o2, h2o, etc meaning literally nothing you need scientific equipment to even detect it and that with the butane should be purged out if not all than mostly if you use a vacuum chamber. So what we are left with is pure safe and healthy oil that you wont get nearly as much tar and other nastiness that you will with regular combustible smoking, so if the plant was grown correctly it's actually HEALTHIER to smoke. The problem with oil especially pesticide wise is that it isnt eliminated in the extraction or evacuation process so if you have a plant heavily laced with them you are not only concentrating the plant down to a very high level but also the pesticides are sky high too so if you have sum stuff that gives u a headache when you smoke it it will get worse if you concentrate it down to oil. Hope this helped.

JG420

JG420

....I just gave you the science, the butane has 14ppm of "impurities" which doesnt even have to be bad stuff it can be co2,o2, h2o....so not only that but then after the purging process with the vacuum chamber for give or take 24 hours your getting essentially all of that out. To be sold in California dispensaries it has to be below 5k ppm of impurities and dispensaries have go send stuff out from every so many batches to be tested and many if done correctly are getting below 30 ppm or UNDETECTABLE. That means using scientific equipment they literally cant find anything but thc and terpenes....so....that's the science for you

JG420

JG420

If you dont have a vacuum chamber and you're just using the double boil method annndddd you're using like Ronson or some other butane that's filtered less than 5 times, then ya I'll give you that your oil could probably be used as a low grade explosive lol, but ya look at your bong, that's filtering out mostly tar but also other stuff that isnt in oil.

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

I like whipit brand.
Same here I can get it at the corner store and get them BOGO...... which makes it cheaper..... 12 in a box @ $6 for 2..... talking with owner to see if I can get good deal on whole box.....

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
@AnselAdams I have 4 cans but they are selling cans of Neon 11× refined $2 50 a can but it doesnt so odorless anywhere and that's my big deal as well when choosing....

I have never personally used Neon. I tend to find something i like and trust and stick with it. No fragrances or perfumes and as few additives as possible. I don't know if it is true, but common sense tells me that the more times it has been through a filtering process the more likely it is to be clean. Filtering costs.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
The one one the left of course you know and for my torch for my oil rig....View attachment 936381View attachment 936381

I am going to bet that the yellow can has more yellow to the flame then the Whip-iT. I use the Whip-iT in my Dremmel torch and i never see any yellow. The cleaner the butane the bluer the flame. Impurities burn different colors depending on what the impurities are.

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

If you dont have a vacuum chamber and you're just using the double boil method annndddd you're using like Ronson or some other butane that's filtered less than 5 times, then ya I'll give you that your oil could probably be used as a low grade explosive lol, but ya look at your bong, that's filtering out mostly tar but also other stuff that isnt in oil.
I have a a vacuum chamber and the vacuum with silicone and a 8×8 silicone dish but also a 8×8 pyrex see if my silicone works fine first.... but I've been hesitant due to not having a closed column or closed loop...... which I want closed loop with recovery tank..... my vacuum chamber is a 1.5quart ABLAZE vacuum chamber and viviohome $60 vacuum...... and is this bottle if oil for my vacuum like its gas?

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

I am going to bet that the yellow can has more yellow to the flame then the Whip-iT. I use the Whip-iT in my Dremmel torch and i never see any yellow. The cleaner the butane the bluer the flame. Impurities burn different colors depending on what the impurities are.
I trust whip-it I did my first time run with it and kept a yummy taste..... and I just had to double boil purge for 4 hours seen that wasnt long enough so I I went another 2 popping bubbles with a clean plastic pick....

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

Vector is nice when I have it, but pricey for me. I use Special Blue 540ml size cans for pretty much same price.

20200124 163225
20200112 190814
Top Bottom