Best Front Range Clones.

• Thread starter jbrass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jbrass

Im back in Denver and wanting to know who is the most solid hook up on clones. I have looked around and came up with an opinion but I always appreciate the advice of fellow farmers.

GhostFace

GhostFace

here we go again_ lock'd n loaded :banana:_

its not worth buy'n sourcing clones here in CO being you never know what you really are getting..not to mention you could be bringing in mold, bugs/mites to your clean or not so clean growroom.
with the thousands of strains and hybrids "SEEDS" all around us it is best to source what you want, germ,veg,bloom,grow,clone,mother your own elites. not only that but alot of shops dont have clones anymore being the new rules, regulations etc. :pimp: goodluck

sedate

sedate

ghost face said:
here we go again_ lock'd n loaded

Yea really.

I've grown out 30ish strains from a half-dozen dispensaries around here and have had exactly 1 keeper.

I like the clones at Sense of Healing (Federal/Alameda) as far as health, size, and root structure - but for some reason the strains there are always long (like 60ish+ days for a good finish) and while I got some interesting strains and flavors - nothing met all the criteria I need - nice and bushy, controllable stretch, great flavor, yield, and a quality finish in 55 days - these strains are mighty tough to find.

I did buy some clones off a grower (hipped out funny guy on south federal) on craigslist before HB1284 killed that - and out of those four strains, 2 were keepers.

Go figure.

C

ColoraDro

I agree never have grown a cut from any dispensary for that reason every thing is a guess around here... i grow seed and have to say the extra time sucks but pays off in the end cause you know what you are growing and you will always find keepers in seeds!!!

IMO if people want the real deal elite clones you WILL NOT find em at a dispensary!

Either get some friends or grow some seeds is my motto!!!

K

kolah

Isn't "The Lemon-man" running his biz out of his shop on Colfax? He's the guy who bred Lemon Skunk and then the Amsterdam monkeys stole it and took the credit. From what have read (and heard) he is a pretty straight-up guy and knows his shit.

I prefer seeds...but do not rule out clones altogether but I'll be pretty damn picky where I buy them from and then I will give them a good lookover with a scope.

Disclaimer: Everything I say may be incorrect. :sweating

J-fly

J-fly

Rocky mountain organics in frisco has solid clones. Bannana kush, sour d, and Durban poison are all good from there. They got like 20 strains.

C

canaguy27

Isn't "The Lemon-man" running his biz out of his shop on Colfax? He's the guy who bred Lemon Skunk and then the Amsterdam monkeys stole it and took the credit. From what have read (and heard) he is a pretty straight-up guy and knows his shit.

I prefer seeds...but do not rule out clones altogether but I'll be pretty damn picky where I buy them from and then I will give them a good lookover with a scope.

Disclaimer: Everything I say may be incorrect. :sweating

That's chucks shop verde on colfax. I don't think he sells clones.

sedate

sedate

Yea. I'm actually sort of at this point where I think the strains I'm running is my best protection against so much of this fucking competition these days.

Sort of why I think that grower I mention in the post above had two good strains - if they were average he'd be out of business.

It's like most strains - standard fert regimen and 65 days gets ya something nice and sell-able - but for the truly stupendous -the word-of-mouth it takes to compete as a private provider in Denver now- it takes few runs and great genetics and something compatible with the grow method ...

I don't find it that often.

putembk

putembk

Rocky mountain organics in frisco has solid clones. Bannana kush, sour d, and Durban poison are all good from there. They got like 20 strains.
I have 2 mothers and, one new and the other going on two years. I mostly grow from those two strains but when I need some strange I like Frisco as well. I love the drive and there is a good selection on clones as well. I get mine from mmrockies.com.

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

...but for some reason the strains there are always long (like 60ish+ days for a good finish) and while I got some interesting strains and flavors - nothing met all the criteria I need - nice and bushy, controllable stretch, great flavor, yield, and a quality finish in 55 days - these strains are mighty tough to find.

Um...thats cuz they don't exist. While there are some decent fast finishing strains, 55 days is still cutting em down too early, IMO. Any "55-day" plant can still benefit from being taken at least another week. Granted, for the market price most people are getting, there is a lot of chopped down early shit around. The best herbs that demand the best prices are at least 63 day flower. You just ain't gonna find that 55-day marketable strain out here, it ain't the east coast. Don't add more premies to the market, it doesn't help the cause...

P

PoopyCoopy

there are a few 8 week variates still around.

But its tough to find them in clones. Seeds are even worse as they are watered down or inbred.

NL5 x SK1 and Chocolope are the only 2 that are solid 8 week variates, everything else needs 10 weeks at least i think.

GhostFace

GhostFace

55-60day strains are around

check out "ALIEN GENENTICS" his stuff is straight fiyah and he likes to grow/breed strains that finish in or around 55-60 days give or take :pimp:

sedate

sedate

Green Morpho said:
Um...thats cuz they don't exist.

Yes they do.

Green Morpho said:
Any "55-day" plant can still benefit from being taken at least another week

Um. I think that depends on a number of factors. Don't forget THC degrades into subsidiary cannabinoids the longer the bud stays on the plant.

I have a particular Blue Dream cut where that week or ten days means the difference between a great daytime smoke and something really fucking .. I wince when I actually have to type this word ... sedating.

I would agree that across the 30ish strains I've grown out in the last 3 years or so, the vast majority - like 26 of them - finish much better at 65 than 55 ...

I have a Granddaddy Purple cut that is definately done at 56, and I always take the aforementioned Blue Dream at 55.

I had a Northern Lights #9 that did a great 55 day too. Lost that one tho.

Green Morpho said:
The best herbs that demand the best prices are at least 63 day flower.

Maybe in the dispensaries but as far as I can tell the private market is sort of maxed at 200/oz - particularly with all the dispensaries hovering around $189ish.

I charge 180 - no matter how amazing it is - or I can't keep my patients.

M

Mr Dank

Um...thats cuz they don't exist. While there are some decent fast finishing strains, 55 days is still cutting em down too early, IMO. Any "55-day" plant can still benefit from being taken at least another week. Granted, for the market price most people are getting, there is a lot of chopped down early shit around. The best herbs that demand the best prices are at least 63 day flower. You just ain't gonna find that 55-day marketable strain out here, it ain't the east coast. Don't add more premies to the market, it doesn't help the cause...

I have 3 strains in my garden that turn to crap after day 60. They become so swollen and over ripe they lose all their smell and flavor, and the high has no character. I chop em at 55

GhostFace

GhostFace

my purple Flo is a 60 dayer and she smells, tastes good_ yields & bag appeal are good_ shit gets me super medicated as well :harvest:

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

I have 3 strains in my garden that turn to crap after day 60. They become so swollen and over ripe they lose all their smell and flavor, and the high has no character. I chop em at 55

Do you mind if I ask what those are? Just curious...

I will admit, theres a P98 Bubba S1 cut that finishes pretty quick. The White looks pretty done before 60, but a lil more kushy flavor comes out just after 60 on her, IMO. I've also seen that pukeberry cut and it does "look" done at 45 days, probably could be better at 55-60 days.

While I have had (and grown) stuff that was post ripe and not as prime, I wouldn't say it was necessarily BAD...just not as good. A little or a lot of amber never hurt no body...keeps ya mellow.

I tend to count weeks, not days. IMO, there is 9 week herb, like Flo, C99, and most afghani indica types. Then ya got 10 week herb like sour d, Chemdog, og kush, etc. Then ya have 11-12 week stuff, SSH, Tang Haze, etc. Sometimes ya get those 14 weekers...got one going now...harvest that shit in February...

my purple Flo is a 60 dayer and she smells, tastes good_ yields & bag appeal are good_ shit gets me super medicated as well :harvest:

I probably have the same cut, and I've taken her at 56 days, 63 days, and 70 days. The Flo that had the best flavor and high was at 63 days, IMO.

GhostFace

GhostFace

I probably have the same cut, and I've taken her at 56 days, 63 days, and 70 days. The Flo that had the best flavor and high was at 63 days, IMO.

ya mine are done at d63 as well close enough to 60 ;) but it does indeed look done at 55

M

Mr Dank

I find that even a few extra days can kill the character of these meds.

Green Crack - 55 days
Killer Queen - 55 days
Hawaiian Sativa - 56 days
Hawaiian Candy - 56 days
Apollo 13 - 50-55 days
Afkan S1 - 45-50 days
Flo - 56 days
White - 59 days
Giesel - 59 days
,....I think I have a few more but can't think of them off the top of my head

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah im a week counter myself. True 8 weekers are hard to come by but it is completely subjective. Gonna get diff opinions across the board on this one

sedate

sedate

green morpho said:
Then ya got 10 week herb like sour d, Chemdog, og kush, etc. Then ya have 11-12 week stuff, SSH, Tang Haze, etc. Sometimes ya get those 14 weekers...got one going now...harvest that shit in February...

If I was inventivized to experiment I would.

Believe me I stopped having fun awhile ago - just all rote now. But it's what keeps the lights on.

I have to get paid. Xcel needs their pound of flesh.

I mean - you said earlier Morpho:

Green Morpho said:
Don't add more premies to the market, it doesn't help the cause...

It's precisely because of the market that I'm not in a position to "help" the cause. ;)

Top Bottom