Best Led's

• Thread starter LadyBuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LadyBuds

LadyBuds

So I have been doing some research, looking at starting a warehouse LED grow in addition to my current. I have been researching different LED companies and lights and the Noribachi and the Hydro Grow X3 have sparked my interest most. I have also been told Pegasus has a pretty sick LED as well which I am told claims to do 3lb per average (I know many factors come into play) I am looking for others experiences with LED lights. Thank you for taking the time to reply. Looking forward to reading responses.

MW7945

MW7945

Had never even heard of either prior. I can't find any reason as to why the Hydro Grow is so expensive. Inferior Epistar/Epiled chips, blurple light, and low watt output.

Couldn't even find any grow lights for Noribachi, just industrial lighting.

Have you looked at white light COBs and/or Samsung LM561c boards?

LadyBuds

LadyBuds

I am looking for a commercial grow, 6, 1500sq ft rooms to start so this will be no DIY. I have heard good things about the Solar System 1100's but I do not have anything first hand, meaning I don't know anyone that has used them.

McLeafy 3lbs a light is not something that is hard to reach if you have the correct environment, we average above that with Gavitas but I am new to the LED world. I am looking at expanding and cutting cost with electric, also using agriculture nutes instead of overpriced hydro nutes.

Couldn't even find any grow lights for Noribachi, just industrial lighting.

Have you looked at white light COBs and/or Samsung LM561c boards?

This is the Noribachi
https://www.led-professional.com/pr...ibachi-launches-full-spectrum-led-grow-lights

I took a look at the Samsung boards and unless I could purchase them already pre-made then its not going to be a benefit. The Noribachi and Solar System 1100's are built by hand currently. We are going to be building out rooms over the next year and need to have quality LED's for each room as they become ready. Initial price really isn't the concern, I am looking for best quality and production. I also know until recently LED's just didn't compare to other forms of lighting but I think now the technology is there, but could be wrong. This is why I am looking for others experiences.

Thanks everyone.

Harley09

Harley09

IMG 2876
IMG 2877
I am looking for a commercial grow, 6, 1500sq ft rooms to start so this will be no DIY. I have heard good things about the Solar System 1100's but I do not have anything first hand, meaning I don't know anyone that has used them.

McLeafy 3lbs a light is not something that is hard to reach if you have the correct environment, we average above that with Gavitas but I am new to the LED world. I am looking at expanding and cutting cost with electric, also using agriculture nutes instead of overpriced hydro nutes.

This is the Noribachi
https://www.led-professional.com/pr...ibachi-launches-full-spectrum-led-grow-lights

I took a look at the Samsung boards and unless I could purchase them already pre-made then its not going to be a benefit. The Noribachi and Solar System 1100's are built by hand currently. We are going to be building out rooms over the next year and need to have quality LED's for each room as they become ready. Initial price really isn't the concern, I am looking for best quality and production. I also know until recently LED's just didn't compare to other forms of lighting but I think now the technology is there, but could be wrong. This is why I am looking for others experiences.

Thanks everyone.
California Light Works Lights are very good I've grown with their SS400's and gotten 1.4 grams per watt I have just switched to the Vero 29 SE COB's and they are definitely brighter than the same wattage SS lights I could provide you with as many COB led light set ups as you need foe a reasonable price.
This is a 600 watt fixture that covers 24 sq ft

Schkronis

Schkronis

This is the Noribachi

Thanks everyone.

I looked up Noribachi - on average their engines getting 140 LPW and 70 CRI - doesn't sound all that exciting at all - QB288's claimed to have 150-200LPW. HLG has ready to hang QB systems, Timber, Johnson and rapidled has ready to hang COB solutions. There are plenty of options, but vendors that you listed most likely aren't best...

104W at 140LPW for $335 - no, thanks

Last edited:
Icemud

Icemud

So I have been doing some research, looking at starting a warehouse LED grow in addition to my current. I have been researching different LED companies and lights and the Noribachi and the Hydro Grow X3 have sparked my interest most. I have also been told Pegasus has a pretty sick LED as well which I am told claims to do 3lb per average (I know many factors come into play) I am looking for others experiences with LED lights. Thank you for taking the time to reply. Looking forward to reading responses.

I guess the biggest question you have to find out or ask is if you are going legit/legal, are you in need of UL listed gear?

If your underground, then obviously it doesn't matter, but now with the new regulations there are a lot of permits required, inspections and fire marshals are pretty keen on UL listed equipment vs not. I would first find out if this is a necessity as this will either allow or count out 80% of the options available to you.

The best light really could be many different options that are available, but it depends on the style of grow you will be doing, and how the best way to illuminate your canopy is in regards to your grow style.. .For instance if you are going with a HPS style approach, high wattage lights 6-8' over your canopy, your lighting choice is going to be much different than if you are doing a vertical stacked grow with only 4' of canopy height clearance... so really the LED you pick must really be set up for the style of grow you do...

As far as lumenous efficiency, many of the low wattage/led matrix style boards and setups like the quantum boards will get you the best umol/joule efficiencies but would be horribly unefficient in a setup in a HPS frame of mind... you would want these much closer to your canopy...

COBS are great too, but also are not perfect for all types of grows....

LED's are awesome because you can really use them in many more ways that traditional HPS lights offered us, which allows us to be creative with lighting style, beam angles, covereage.. etc... so really its best to look at your grow, and buy lights for the type of grow you do.. (at a commercial level).

Latest posts

Top Bottom