Best State To Relocate, To Work In Cannabis Industry

• Thread starter AlbaNinja84
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AlbaNinja84

AlbaNinja84

Hi, I know this is the wrong section but didn't know were to post exactly.

I have a passion for growing and don't see myself doing anything other than this.
My studies were marketing but can't stand working in my country, so I just end up growing.

I'm 50% American have a passport and i'm planning to move to the States so I can work legally.

I'm 23 years old and would be looking for an assistant grower position and start learning how it is done professionally. I have enough savings to last me a year and to buy a car. I've been studying the various states: California and Colorado seem the most interesting.

For Colorado I have found many job offers, I also have a map for everybody who has a grow operation, would have more than 500 company's to contact. Problem there is the year it takes to get the med badge.

For California I found barely any work, mostly seasonal trimming in the country, but I wouldn't need a med badge. Maybe it would take me more time to find a job, but I wouldn't be wasting a year in Denver working were i don't like while I was for residency and med badge?

Any of you who actually live there and can give me more precise information? Anybody suggest different states I should look into? Thanks

iloveyoutoo

iloveyoutoo

Hi, I know this is the wrong section but didn't know were to post exactly.

I have a passion for growing and don't see myself doing anything other than this.
My studies were marketing but can't stand working in my country, so I just end up growing.

I'm 50% American have a passport and i'm planning to move to the States so I can work legally.

I'm 23 years old and would be looking for an assistant grower position and start learning how it is done professionally. I have enough savings to last me a year and to buy a car. I've been studying the various states: California and Colorado seem the most interesting.

For Colorado I have found many job offers, I also have a map for everybody who has a grow operation, would have more than 500 company's to contact. Problem there is the year it takes to get the med badge.

For California I found barely any work, mostly seasonal trimming in the country, but I wouldn't need a med badge. Maybe it would take me more time to find a job, but I wouldn't be wasting a year in Denver working were i don't like while I was for residency and med badge?

Any of you who actually live there and can give me more precise information? Anybody suggest different states I should look into? Thanks
everyone in california is already cliqued up... its weird, and people probably hire based mostly off trust and won hire off the street... but still try to get in someones inner circle in california.. so cal not nor cal

AlbaNinja84

AlbaNinja84

everyone in california is already cliqued up... its weird, and people probably hire based mostly off trust and won hire off the street... but still try to get in someones inner circle in california.. so cal not nor cal

Yeah i'm more prone to going to Colorado, i'll just have to take a marketing job for the first year.

NHWhites

NHWhites

You should look at unsaturated like on the east coast, seems much easier to get in to the industry that way

xavier7995

xavier7995

Yeah i'm more prone to going to Colorado, i'll just have to take a marketing job for the first year.

Just as a heads up, sticking with the marketing job might be the way to go. It depends where you live in the state, but denver is very expensive to live in and there are a lot of people here for weed work and that keeps wages low. 90% of the jobs in that industry are not going to pay enough for you to live without roomies, it is 10-15 bucks an hour work in a place where a crappy 1 bed is 1k a month. You may want to consider trying to use that marketing background for a cannabis sales (extract/edibles are sometimes looking for sales reps) type position. You could moonlight as a trimmer/bud tender/whatever to help get your foot in the door if you are really hell bent on going into the industry.

Top Bottom