Best Strains For Clone Sog

• Thread starter chuey316
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chuey316

chuey316

Fairly new grower here. 1st grow was 3 Cash Crop autos, finishing up 2 Auto #1 plants now, and just put in 3 Cindy99 auto's a couple days ago.

After the Cindy's finish I'd like to try my hand at a perpetual sog grow. I'd like to run 2 mothers of different strains, and 10 clones, with a 2 in/2 out every 2 wks, or maybe 12 clones with 3 in/ 3 out. The clones would be veg'd for 2wks before being put into flower. I would prefer going with 10 clones, if my needs can be met.

I'm looking for a couple high yielding and potent strains that will do well in this setup. I need a night time couch lock strain, and a daytime strain that won't make me want to sleep. Both have to be good at relieving pain, and preferably be single cola.

1oz every 2wks is bare minimum, 2oz would be better, but I think that may be asking too much.

All clones will be in soil, using either 2L bottle's, or 1gal or smaller pots, and will veg under t8's, and flower under 400w hps.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Any specific reason your doing autos? I bet you'll have better luck just running regs

Ceveres

Ceveres

I'm pretty sure that's what he was saying. He's doing autos now and wants to switch to 2 photoperiod mothers (which have to he kept in vegetative state) to clone off of perpetually. I have seen people online have good luck with S.A.G.E. if you can get your hands on it for Sea of Green (SOG-large # of clones put into flower as soon as they root basically; which also wouldn't really work with autos) HUGE single cola small plants.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Fairly new grower here. 1st grow was 3 Cash Crop autos, finishing up 2 Auto #1 plants now, and just put in 3 Cindy99 auto's a couple days ago.

After the Cindy's finish I'd like to try my hand at a perpetual sog grow. I'd like to run 2 mothers of different strains, and 10 clones, with a 2 in/2 out every 2 wks, or maybe 12 clones with 3 in/ 3 out. The clones would be veg'd for 2wks before being put into flower. I would prefer going with 10 clones, if my needs can be met.

I'm looking for a couple high yielding and potent strains that will do well in this setup. I need a night time couch lock strain, and a daytime strain that won't make me want to sleep. Both have to be good at relieving pain, and preferably be single cola.

1oz every 2wks is bare minimum, 2oz would be better, but I think that may be asking too much.

All clones will be in soil, using either 2L bottle's, or 1gal or smaller pots, and will veg under t8's, and flower under 400w hps.

You want something like this? Dr. Greenthumbs G-13 for the couch lock.
DSCN0669

chuey316

chuey316

I have seen people online have good luck with S.A.G.E. if you can get your hands on it for Sea of Green (SOG-large # of clones put into flower as soon as they root basically; which also wouldn't really work with autos) HUGE single cola small plants.

Thanks Ceveres. Gonna look into S.a.g.e for sure.

You want something like this? Dr. Greenthumbs G-13 for the couch lock.View attachment 757089

Exactly, thanks. Glad to see the G13, it's one that I have on my list.

When I get home, I'll put up the short list that I have, and see what everyone thinks.

chuey316

chuey316

Ok, so what I've got on the list so far is:

Daytime strains
Lemon Kush
Sour Diesel
S.A.G.E
Sage n Sour (s.a.g.e x sour diesel)

Night time strains
Critical Kush
Critical Mass
G13

My plan is to clone the mothers and harvest till I get roughly 8oz stored, then flower the mothers, while starting to mothers of different strains, and so on. I go through an oz to an oz and a half every 3 wks, sometimes more, so I need strains that are know for higher yields in sog setups, and can easily produce a 1/2oz minimum even under less than ideal conditions.

Last edited:
K

kansabis

Ok, so what I've got on the list so far is:

Daytime strains
Lemon Kush
Sour Diesel
S.A.G.E
Sage n Sour (s.a.g.e x sour diesel)

Night time strains
Critical Kush
Critical Mass
G13

My plan is to clone the mothers and harvest till I get roughly 8oz stored, then flower the mothers, while starting to mothers of different strains, and so on. I go through an oz to an oz and a half every 3 wks, sometimes more, so I need strains that are know for higher yields in sog setups, and can easily produce a 1/2oz minimum even under less than ideal conditions.
Critical hog from th seeds does well with sog style growing too,it also yields good.

K

kansabis

You can sog them all.
True but for sog you ideally want a mother cultivar that yields big,stacks tight nodes on main stem and doesn't get too tall and also pm and rot resistant help alot too,so does proper air circulation

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
True but for sog you ideally want a mother cultivar that yields big,stacks tight nodes on main stem and doesn't get too tall and also pm and rot resistant help alot too,so does proper air circulation
Good air flow and humidy gets rid of all pm problems.

Some look for a good bud and good yield. ..some will take a smaller yeild of better buds.... its all up to the user but all strains can be cloned and sogged

Plants can be physically manipulated to grow shorter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom