Best temperature for Purple Buds

• Thread starter HOOFAH
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

the heat will do it too. mid 80's and the only reason I use this is to save on the meter.

I don't think so, could happen but I don't think so. Normal temps do not bring the color out unless the color is genetic. Colder temps tend to bring out the colors but this in usually just in the stems. If you want colored buds buy the right seeds. Purple in the stems means stress and that's not so good.

JethroMoony

JethroMoony

Anthocyanin is what makes a plant turn purple. It's mostly activated when temps go below 50 degrees. Depending on your plants potential for anthocyanin, it can go real purple or just a bit.

But going purple is also a sign of phosphorous being locked out (which happens at colder temps). Which means smaller, less dense buds and an overall less healthy plant.

Best bet is to get a plant that is known to be very purple, as plants with a very high anthocyanin potential I think turn purple just easier. A lot of plants have this potentials, really comes down to the pheno. I've had plants of the same strain turn black with red in the middle while all the others were just green.

So... Get a purple plant pheno.

Otherwise you can do what some people do: Torture the plants with cold air temps and icing the water for the last couple weeks. But yield will be affected.

Delerium

Delerium

Anthocyanin is what makes a plant turn purple. It's mostly activated when temps go below 50 degrees. Depending on your plants potential for anthocyanin, it can go real purple or just a bit.

But going purple is also a sign of phosphorous being locked out (which happens at colder temps). Which means smaller, less dense buds and an overall less healthy plant.

Best bet is to get a plant that is known to be very purple, as plants with a very high anthocyanin potential I think turn purple just easier. A lot of plants have this potentials, really comes down to the pheno. I've had plants of the same strain turn black with red in the middle while all the others were just green.

So... Get a purple plant pheno.

Otherwise you can do what some people do: Torture the plants with cold air temps and icing the water for the last couple weeks. But yield will be affected.
I also believe Anthocyanin comes from Xanthophyll which is different from chlorophyl in that is doesn't photosynthesize as efficiently as chlorophyl does. Affecting your overall yield and potential potency. If you buds turn purple natuarlly due to genetics so be it, I wouldn't force them to with cold if at all possible.

Khaosgardenz

Khaosgardenz

a simple way is to simply flush with cold water and that can help bring out those beautiful colors

Khaosgardenz

Khaosgardenz

i only do it the last week of life if i do it at all and thats normally in the summer

Skoosh

Skoosh

I've noticed (personally) purpling below 40f in flower promotes the color expression.
I've also noticed (personally) that color expression comes at the expense of potency.

Ryguy45

Ryguy45

I know that buds that have purple phenos must already be geneticaly capable of doing so( ex. Purple Star, Pakistan Chitral Kush), but what would be the best temperature to bring out the purple colors that some buds produce? What is the safest/lowest temp that a plant can handle without dramatically stunting growth or killing it?
So,

Ryguy45

Ryguy45

So, below 64° the sugars stop flowing so to speak and your nutes start to lock out..usu usua starting with magnesium. I know that on purple leaning strains, they say to grow em normal. I've also heard that below 50° is what your looking for. This however goes against everything I know! So if you find the answer, please tell us..

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

I've found that it's more the fluctuation of temps than just the low temp on its own. During the last four weeks of flower I like to gradually get my day/night temps somewhere between a 12-16 degree swing. 76-78° daytime temps and 66-60° night time temps. You also need to make sure you have pretty good dehumidification in your room because it'll definitely get you a bit of a spike once it gets to your stable night time temp and the A/C is operating minimally

Indoornewbe

Indoornewbe

I know that buds that have purple phenos must already be geneticaly capable of doing so( ex. Purple Star, Pakistan Chitral Kush), but what would be the best temperature to bring out the purple colors that some buds produce? What is the safest/lowest temp that a plant can handle without dramatically stunting growth or killing it?
In the summer months i get no purps or pinks. High 76 low 72. But the rest of the year i get crazy purps, blacks, pinks, oranges and alittle blue haze......High 72 low 65. Lower then 65F and i notice a slower growth at the end of flower, not quite as much return, several times below 65....63 62. Best of luck on youre rainbows.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Just flush the shit out of the plant and run them till they and done not early. It also helps that the plant stays healthy throughout the grow. Almost all the colors will come out. Hell even East Coast will purp up doing this. Can't purp up a half dead plant with the leaves already falling off of it. Some stuff will auto purp no matter what in 90F rooms. Genetics has a lot to do with it. Shocking your plant with cold ass water and cold ass rooms is just opening you up for disaster and shitty yields.

Indoornewbe

Indoornewbe

I just stright water for the last 30 days of flower....My colors only come under 72 degress. Cindy Mango Kush. 99x Mango, P98 bubba and G13hashplant, all three under 72, not above one of em.I know ideal temps for all grows OVERALL is 72 68, from the millions of things ive read, that seems to be ideal for grow, bugs and few other things including colors...It of course has to be in he strain, but it also has to be growen well and not deficent or anything and so on....Huge yields im told....lol

Skwisgar1000

Skwisgar1000

No temp manipulation, just good genetics
C3BA6B55 67AA 40FC 8B11 89B12211A437
718C1798 B0D2 49EB AC54 2BDA4D7F9713

Latest posts

Top Bottom