Best Time Of Day To Harvest?

• Thread starter OrganicPro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

OrganicPro

I'm planning on chopping a couple plants down tomorrow. But what time of day would be the best to chop? There's also a full moon tonight, so I Don't know if that has much to do with it. Tell me what you guys think. Morning? Night? When is resin production the highest? I Wanna hear from those good ol "Experienced growers" Haha

O

OrganicPro

Thanks for the reply madbud.if anybody can back up their claim with evidence I'd be astonished and highly thankful

dan1989

dan1989

@redlife215 would be a good one to ask, I know you saw those pics of his fields...

MW7945

MW7945

Idk how much it matters, assuming you're doing a 36-48 hour dark period before harvest

Monster762

Monster762

You want to chop at end of dark but before light comes up. Cold air in dark. Outdoor I usually chopped around 4 am. The goal is to allow as much dark as possible before chop. So early morning before sunrise or first light. Idk how the full moon plays in on it.

O

OrganicPro

You want to chop at end of dark but before light comes up. Cold air in dark. Outdoor I usually chopped around 4 am. The goal is to allow as much dark as possible before chop. So early morning before sunrise or first light. Idk how the full moon plays in on it.
Appreciate the reply Monster. That's how I've done it in the past.

MW7945

MW7945

In all seriousness, I think most people will attest that dark periods are the best time to harvest. And many will stand by a prolonged dark period prior to harvest. That being said, since this is outdoor, your options are pretty limited.

Last edited:
R

redlife215

I harvest in the daytime. Try to jeeo thr cut buds outta direct sunlight. Funny u ask such basic qurstiond with 100 12 ft tall plants lol u dont know much for a "pro" and have a shitty proove it attitude when ur tge one askong the dumb question

dan1989

dan1989

I harvest in the daytime. Try to jeeo thr cut buds outta direct sunlight. Funny u ask such basic qurstiond with 100 12 ft tall plants lol u dont know much for a "pro" and have a shitty proove it attitude when ur tge one askong the dumb question

I always wondered, especially with guerrilla grows, how the hell you could see what you were doing in the dark :D

MW7945

MW7945

I always wondered, especially with guerrilla grows, how the hell you could see what you were doing in the dark :D

I'd think a headlamp with a green light would be optimal. My question is what on earth are you using to haul 100 12 foot tall plants. Got a semi on standby?

O

OrganicPro

Will need to make a couple trips in the UTV, good thing it's close to the drying containers lol

Cdetour

Cdetour

Show me some credible evidence that it even works. And I'll experiment with and maybe cover up a couple plants rn while I have time
If its outdoor, do not cover them for 2-3 days. Unless you have a way to regulate the temps, you could risk heat stressing the plants and turning dense buds into flarfy buds.

Top Bottom