Best Value Vacs

• Thread starter donkitrk99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

donkitrk99

Anyone use their products? Considering purchasing a pump and chamber from them. I'm in Canada and can order the same products from www.ledab.ca. with free shipping within canada (and no border crossing/customs).

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I have their 3 gal chamber and silicone heat mat. I use the Robinair (sp) 5cfm 2 stage pump. Pump gets the -29.5 and hold steady.

The rail on the chamber lid SUCKS ass. You will need to rewrap all the threads on the rail. And the valves are kinda "Chinese junk", but do the job w/o leaking so far.

D

donkitrk99

Thanks. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by the rail on the lid and needing to rewrap it?

Valves would be easily replaced with better quality ones from any sort of hardware place if the need arises, right?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

if you EVER plan on upgrading the "rail" (part on top of the lid that holds the 2x valves and T fitting), NONE of the 7 stores (lowes, home depot, menards, and 4 custom plumbing shops) have any type of fitting that fits the threads that come on the best vac threads. I repeat NONE!!!!!! good luck sourcing the Chinese garbage parts you may need in the future, unless you completely rebuild the rail from your own locally sourced parts with normal threads. now i will say ive been using mine for 6 months and haven't had any leaks....so far. you will see the cheapo Chinese quality of the rail when you get yours.

wrap = wrapping thread ptfe tape on the thread to prevent leaks

D

donkitrk99

Got ya. Replacing the Teflon tape often doesn't seem like that big of an issue as long as you haven't had any leaks. Thank you.

gumby420

gumby420

ive had a 3 gal and a 10 gal chamber from them for years and they both still hold a full vac without any maintenance. you can make one cheaper but they make a nicely priced one

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Got ya. Replacing the Teflon tape often doesn't seem like that big of an issue as long as you haven't had any leaks. Thank you.

Unless you have a decent tool stock, vice, adjust wrench, upper body strength, it's a huge pita to unscrew all the parts on the rail. I had to put mine in a vice and use a pipe wrench to break them loose. Take it slow, and don't smoke any until.job is conpleted.
Lol

D

donkitrk99

For just a little more than a quarter of the price of the vacuum oven I can get the pump, chamber, and heatpad. What is the big difference between the two set ups?

D

DjangoNugs

For just a little more than a quarter of the price of the vacuum oven I can get the pump, chamber, and heatpad. What is the big difference between the two set ups?

For one, you can fit more and therefore purge more at a time in the oven. A decent oven can also more evenly distribute the heat and more precisely. But if you are just doing small amounts the chamber pot, pump and heatpad would probably be fine.

I have their 1.9 cft oven. I got the mastercool 8 cfm pump to go with it and everything works good for me. My homie does way more processing than I do and has had his oven/pump for way longer. No complaints.

B

Bjstan

I have blasted before with a friend. So I know the process. However now another friend has purchased the best value vacs, closed column starter kit. My question. Is,after blasting into the Pyrex, do I just pour the solution into the vaccum chamber? The only blasting I've done was with a system that the solution stayed in the bottom chamber the entire time until finished.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Purging in a vac oven vs a chamber.....
Oven has more space available,
Chamber has limited space

D

dabarino

i also live in canada and find that its very hard to finish shatter in the cold winter weather without a lot of ambient heat so i wrapped my vac chamber in insulation to help retain heat and it works pretty good.... they also make you heat wrap that goes around the chamber i highly recommend this!!!

if you ever plan on getting one of there extractors i find there pretty undersized(you can only get 2 column volumes max if your lucky) and would definitely do your volume calculations to make sure your going to have enough space for all your LPG before you buy one. and always remember to never fill past 80% of total volume.

Vac chamber

Latest posts

Top Bottom