Best Way For Me To Harvest Cure My Crop

• Thread starter Hdinkleman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hdinkleman

Hi i am coming close to harvest. i checked today and am finding a few amber trichs on all top buds. planning on one more plain water flush/leech and then to harvest on my days off on monday tuesday.

so my issue is, i have plants ready to go into the tent, but i have read alot about light and heat degrading the thc. ive come to the conclusion i have to dry in the tent, been monitoring hjmidity and it doesnt seem to get higher than 30%.
So i had an idea, what about if i hung the buds in my tent, and then got a big paper bag and loosely “surrounded the hanging bud inside the paper bag. i am thinking this may add a buffer layer to the humidity being so low.
i picked two sample buds over the last week. one of them i hung in a wooden cabinet that had 25% rh, the other i did in the hanging paper bag in the tent ( with the lights on in the tent still )
well after 2ish days the bud hanging in the cabinet smells like chloryphll ( homegrown) but HOLY FUCK does the bud hanging inthe paper bag smell like straight skunk piss mixed with lemon and fruity pebbles lol.
and a week before these last two sample drys, i let a bud hang in the tent without the paperbag, it smelled good, but absolutley nothing like the one now. here is a picture of what it looks like now

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Do what works for you. Try a couple different methods and settle on whatever works best in your situation. You can always switch it up later.

Nugg

Nugg

I dry to a certain point the finish curing in one gallon glass jars...the start out smelling kinda green, leafy?...but as the cute in the jars few days...then they get strong smell..if u use jars..don't forget to burp daily until done...how you dry it does have an effect on final smell and taste and how it burns...it's a herb,cure as so.?.

H

Hdinkleman

ok so do i hang them first for sure though? if i hang in my tent do i keep the exhaust fan on or off?

Nugg

Nugg

This is just me so....I hang branches until they just snap,then but buds off into the jars seal up and burp daily for about a week...they dry but don't crumble to powder...I just hang in a dark room with low humidity and a fan..

H

Hdinkleman

This is just me so....I hang branches until they just snap,then but buds off into the jars seal up and burp daily for about a week...they dry but don't crumble to powder...I just hang in a dark room with low humidity and a fan..
yes im going to hang them but isnt himidity sposed to be 50-55% ? my sample buds are in a jar the himidity says 60% on a hygrometer i side is that what it is supposed to be inside the jar?

H

Hdinkleman

not yet but if i hang in my tent with exhaust fan on yes thats what humidity is at

London bud

London bud

I wouldnt leave it to dry in 30% or less humidity, thats way to dry. Your bud will dry to quick n you'll be left with grassy smell

H

Hdinkleman

Yes, 60%.

Dry it also at 55-60% and 60 Fahrenheit temperature.
so when i first chop the girls hang them in my tent with exhaust fan off and tent zipped up? the plants themselves will raise the hunidity to around 50-60% right?
then when the stems snap put it in a paper bag or directly into a jar?

K

Kot

so when i first chop the girls hang them in my tent with exhaust fan off and tent zipped up? the plants themselves will raise the hunidity to around 50-60% right?
then when the stems snap put it in a paper bag or directly into a jar?
The plants will raise the humidity to 90+%. You need dehumidifier to control the exact humidity or you need humidity controller which turns on your fan when the humidity is over 60% and turns it off when it is lets say 50%.

H

Hdinkleman

can ypu give me a link to what you use personally? i think it moght be too late for me to get one for this harvest but i want to know what to do for next..
im going to hang the buds in the tent with the exhaust fan on a timer, going to have it run 20 mins every hour and i will monitor the high and low RH%.
i will hang for a few days and then after that into the freezer in a paper bag. im worried about the plant drying too fast while hanging, but i am considering hanging the whole plant first, and then breaking down into branches before the freezer. the bigger the branches, the slower it will dry, so hopefully i can find a balance to offset my low humidity (winter)

K

Kot

Inkbird has a nice controllers but there should be other controllers offline too.

Why would you put the weed into freezer? Just wait until it is dry and put it into jars or zip locks and put small temp and Rh meter inside. I got mine from ebay and they are 1-2 dollars.

K

Kot

If it gets too dry I put very small amount of wet toilet paper into the jar (it should not touch the weed) and the the RH raises.

Top Bottom