Better than Kool Bloom.

• Thread starter Jack Dupp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

Hey Phillthy. Can you give me an idea how you use the sulfate of potash? Are you mixing in water, or top dressing? At what rate?

Thanks.

homebrew420

homebrew420

I will tell you all the best replacement for ANY p/k addition... Mono Potassium Phosphate. There is no comparison for the price. All of these boosters are just that, well ok some do mix it in water for you and charge accordingly. Just saying.

MPK @.75-1g per gal. In any media. DONE.

Peace

Phillthy

Phillthy

i usually mix it in the soil at a rate of 1 tsp per 3 gallon of soil mix.

cookiegrower2012

cookiegrower2012

Hey all,

I'm looking for some opinions on a bloom booster to run with Canna Coco. I am currently running Liquid Kool Bloom for 2 weeks, then powdered KB until 1.5 weeks from harvest.

I am happy with the way the KB works. Always looking for the next best thing.

I am only running Canna Coco A & B in full uncut coco in pots.

Thanks.

0101132004a
4 weeks flower with koolbloom liquid gonna start powder at the end of the week works pretty well

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

A buddy of mine has been using Rock Resinator and is absolutely loving it. I have smoked some of the finished product and it is quite nice. It is meant to be used from week 2 of flower on and seems to be a replacement for both Koolbloom powder and liquid and includes some carbs. So this product may be worth taking a look at. I like the simplicity of the product, one product instead of two or three.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

its all a P K boost to me. both koolbloom and PK are 0 10 10.

If they are both the same thing, then maybe you got non-prime results with KB because it wasn't the KB. Could it possibly have been the strain, environment, ect?? Blaming it on KB that has the same P and K values of PK 13/14 doesn't make any sense IMO.

Maybe PK 13/14 has a PGR in it????? :eek:

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I seen someone on here a couple days ago say PK 13/14 has a PGR. I forgot which one, either Triacontanol, Paclo, or something like that. I can't varify this, but if you get great results with PK, but with KB you get bad results, then its a good possibility for it to contain a PGR because they have almost identical PK ratings.

K

kushsmoker30

does any 1 think KB is better or works then Moab?
recently i seen a garden that had half finished with KB n the other half Moab, i swear that the plants that got KB looked greasier n deff where stinkier when i rubbed the leaf's my fingers where sticky. the Moab plants had more dry looking buds n they didn't smell as good when i rubbed the leaf's on the buds not a lot of smell n not very sticky or greasy.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

On the issue of PGR's, triacontanol has no harmful effects like paclo does when given to lab rats at humongous dosage rates.

So basically tria is a PGR, but its not dangerous and is actually natural in alfalfa, not like paclo which is made in a lab.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

does any 1 think KB is better or works then Moab?
recently i seen a garden that had half finished with KB n the other half Moab, i swear that the plants that got KB looked greasier n deff where stinkier when i rubbed the leaf's my fingers where sticky. the Moab plants had more dry looking buds n they didn't smell as good when i rubbed the leaf's on the buds not a lot of smell n not very sticky or greasy.

Thats interesting, I have used KB and it works good, but I never used any other bloom booster so I have nothing to compare it to lol

K

kushsmoker30

wow, u never used moab? i figured most farmers on this forum use/d it at 1 point or an other. 1 thing too is the moab plants had bigger fuller nugs not to mention the crowning it does.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Funny how all this discussion rages around just the P and K parts of Kool bloom- but if you read the label, you'll find the P and K are there with sulphur and magnesium. In other words, it's got the equivalent of epsom salts in it as part of the formulation. That's not a PGR, but it is very helpful in getting the best flavor and aromas out of the plant!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Funny how all this discussion rages around just the P and K parts of Kool bloom- but if you read the label, you'll find the P and K are there with sulphur and magnesium. In other words, it's got the equivalent of epsom salts in it as part of the formulation. That's not a PGR, but it is very helpful in getting the best flavor and aromas out of the plant!

I was thinking about that a couple days ago when I felt my formula was lacking P, K Mg. So I was gonna use KB and epsom, then I noticed KB has Mg and S. Its basically impossible to know how much so I never used the epsom. I heard multiple times Mg and S help with flavor, aroma, especially S.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

wow, u never used moab? i figured most farmers on this forum use/d it at 1 point or an other. 1 thing too is the moab plants had bigger fuller nugs not to mention the crowning it does.

Yeap, never used it, I've thought about buying it before, I just never went through with it. I only just started indoor growing a lil over a year ago, not much time to use lots of products.

ttystikk

ttystikk

MOAB is just MPK (Monopotassium phosphate) with triacontanol.

If you want to make your own tria, just get alfalfa, chop it up, get it warm to about 120 degrees F or so, strain it and use the juice. Bam! Triacontanol, and you save a ridiculous sum compared to the MOAB price.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

MOAB is just MPK (Monopotassium phosphate) with triacontanol.

If you want to make your own tria, just get alfalfa, chop it up, get it warm to about 120 degrees F or so, strain it and use the juice. Bam! Triacontanol, and you save a ridiculous sum compared to the MOAB price.

So MOAB does contain Triacontanol?? I keep getting conflicting answers, do you know if anybody has lab results that have proven it??

I'm probably gonna use Snow Storm Ultra indoors this run then use alfalfa for my outdoor season coming up. But that is a good technique, I'll have to try it sometime.

R

red x

i have been growing for 2 decades. if i dont do it correctly by now i should quit...LOL

its all a P K boost to me. both koolbloom and PK are 0 10 10. i have used both products properly. i work in soil so my mix isnt lacking minerals or anything else. if i want a boost i used kool bloom or PK13/14. Both as directed. I always see better results in the finished product when using PK13/14. better taste, better smell, better yield, better smoke that burns better. i wouldn't use koolbloom again if it were given to me free. the results just arent there to justify it's use with my method of growing. then again i am not pumping up my shit for yield or commercial sale. i am not force feeding with hydro. just grown for my head. i have experimented with everything over the last decade or so. i stick to organic soil and if i want a boost it is PK13/14. no apples, no oranges, just green. whats the problem?

R

red x

bro, i've followed your work for a long time as you know
and i believe you've got it down.
you can only give advice, you cant make them take it
peace
ez

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

bro, i've followed your work for a long time as you know
and i believe you've got it down.
you can only give advice, you cant make them take it
peace
ez

The point is they both have the same NPK rating, so why would 1 work so much better then the other when they are both made by companies who use good quality ingredients and have the same amount of P and K??

I've seen someone here at the farm say PK 13/14 has Triacontanol, I don't know if its true, but it makes perfect sense if it works so much better then Kool Bloom. Triacontanol is a natural, organic pgr and is not dangerous like other pgr's.

There are people who used nutrients like GH, Canna, cns17, ect. then they used raw salts to make there own and match the NPK Ca Mg ratios and got the same, if not better, results. That gives me even more reason to believe some popular bloom boosters that work so good have a 'secret' ingredient. So if its possible with Grow and Bloom formulations, then it should work for bloom boosters, but it doesn't work for all boosters because some of them have other ingredients that are not listed.

If that is the case and PK 13/14 does have Tria (I'm not saying it does), then it cannot be compared to KB because its on a different level. Now if you add some Tria w/ your KB then do a side by side, it would be interesting to see if the buds on both sides ended up similar in size, weight and trichs. If they did, then you could confidently assume PK 13/14 has Triacontanol.

I think I'm gonna run some side by sides this summer using different boosters, Tria, and a control to see which boosters give similar weight and trich production as Triacontanol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom