Beware of the Atmos HYPE!

• Thread starter Bubblehaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

Just a little report on the Atmos pen vape for fellow farmers. After smoking a Atmos with a friend that stopped by. My friend and I bought some Atmos Raw's they lasted a whole week. The batteries are shit they have a piece of metal that can get depressed and they expect you to pull it out. The problem with that is I paid $180 bucks for something I have to work on only after a week of ownership. WTF? So that doesn't work they tell me there warranty requires me to buy the equipment to replace it at a discounted price $20 for the battery and $13 for the charger after a few days it arrives. I go to charge it and it won't even register its on the charger. I call them up and they tell me they are sending me a replacement for free for my troubles that was over 7 days ago and nothing so far. In the mean time I bought a cheaper g-pen that has been working fine while waiting to sort all this out. Although using the g-pen sucked for the first few days while it is breaking in it taste like plastic. My friend also went to a dispensary and bought a replacement battery for his Atmos it only lasted 1 day. I love the pull on the atmos but is has not been reliable and there customer support is pretty useless. Guess I will be using the g-pen for a bit not my favorite I had to customize it to get a proper hit but it does the trick.

The worse part of this situation is that after smoking the pens for a few weeks only with super fire BHO of course. I had a few days while waiting for replacement parts and had to smoke s few bowls of herb it actually tasted like cigarettes mixed with hay. Even the super fire. The next day it tasted normal but I think I will stick with the BHO. These pens have made me a believer in the BHO.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Just a little report on the Atmos pen vape for fellow farmers. After smoking a Atmos with a friend that stopped by. My friend and I bought some Atmos Raw's they lasted a whole week. The batteries are shit they have a piece of metal that can get depressed and they expect you to pull it out. The problem with that is I paid $180 bucks for something I have to work on only after a week of ownership. WTF? So that doesn't work they tell me there warranty requires me to buy the equipment to replace it at a discounted price $20 for the battery and $13 for the charger after a few days it arrives. I go to charge it and it won't even register its on the charger. I call them up and they tell me they are sending me a replacement for free for my troubles that was over 7 days ago and nothing so far. In the mean time I bought a cheaper g-pen that has been working fine while waiting to sort all this out. Although using the g-pen sucked for the first few days while it is breaking in it taste like plastic. My friend also went to a dispensary and bought a replacement battery for his Atmos it only lasted 1 day. I love the pull on the atmos but is has not been reliable and there customer support is pretty useless. Guess I will be using the g-pen for a bit not my favorite I had to customize it to get a proper hit but it does the trick.

The worse part of this situation is that after smoking the pens for a few weeks only with super fire BHO of course. I had a few days while waiting for replacement parts and had to smoke s few bowls of herb it actually tasted like cigarettes mixed with hay. Even the super fire. The next day it tasted normal but I think I will stick with the BHO. These pens have made me a believer in the BHO.

Agreed. Atmos are overpriced shit.

outwest

jtrey

jtrey

yea I got one and had to go through 3 batteries before i got one that worked and two chargers.... bullshit ... i bitched so i didnt have to pay the replacement fee.. but wtf... also unless you get the extra oil cart you will get ceramic chipping off your bowl and wax leaking through the carbs... oh and the rubber band button sucks balls i go through those super fast.... but once i got parts thta work its getting the job done.....

D

DooDooPumper

Yeah the gpen does taste exactly like plastic! I'm having issues with my atmos battery as well. I got the jr atmos raw, and luckily got it on ebay for the $40. It is total poop, only had it for a month and already not charging right or lighting up right blah blah. Unfortunately my battery is set up differently and the recess problem fix will not work for me... As a replacement I'm using the vaporcone discrete, it's labeled a dry herb vape but it's a metal coil base which combusts dry herb but is wonderful for wax! Probably switching back to dry buds in my pax next week

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
It's for flowers only, but The Pax is hands down the best handheld vape on the market. Holds about a bowls worth of weed. VERY satisfying vapor. Super easy to clean. Fairly well made. It's like a volcano in the palm of your hand. LOVE my Pax.

outwest

dirk d

dirk d

i just got an atmos ole. its only for oils. so far its been great. only thing is it's a b**** getting the oil into the cartridges lol i'll update in a week after i get my oils :)

monkeymun

monkeymun

Glad I read this. I was going to get myself an Atmos, but won't be jumping onto that bandwagon quite just yet now.

asylum1919

asylum1919

I just got one in the mail today... as soon as I plug it in to charge it, it lights up green saying it's charged. It's not. Doesn't work. Never even got to use it. And I ordered it off of Amazon so the warranty is no good. Hopefully the guy I ordered it from will send me a new one. Not a very good first impression of Atmos. :(

J

JohnnyRoast

I've had the same horrible experiences with Atmos. My pen never has worked. The heating element won't get hot. I've tried replacing the battery and heating chamber multiple times, and it still only works for one or 2 draws before it craps out. Atmos customer service has been horrible, making me pay for replacement parts on a unit that never worked from day one and refusing to stand behind their product, and kinda basically blowing me off by not responding to emails or phone calls. I spoke to the company's general manager, who had the same basic blow off attitude about the problems with my unit and refused to do anything unless I paid even more for more replacement parts. DON'T BUY AN ATMOS!!!

miko

miko

My atmos works pretty good. It takes cleaning the coil area and ensuring the battery is charged.
Definitely not as easy as a pipe tho!

C

CaCaO

found this thread while researching atmos. thx for the info i think i'll search out something different after reading ur review.

Abel

Abel

I must have lucked out. Been using mine for a solid 6 or so months now and haven't had any problems.

T

Tyler43836

Just reading your posts about the Atmos Ole. If yours doesn't work......A little something they don't always tell you...most of the time when you receive your Atmos, the battery is in the 'off' position for shipping. Click the button rapidly 5 times to activate. Had to learn this the hard way!!
If it is in the off position, not only will it not work, it will not charge. Hope this helps!

Top Bottom