Bho Extraction Tech?

• Thread starter bvb420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bvb420

so as a theoretical tech here is the idea

materials

extraction tube (preferably stainless steel or Pyrex but to each their own I have used pvc ....
I personally throw this in the freezer with every thing else)

herb material (bud, trim, popcorn bud.... I freeze before run but to each their own)

Pyrex dish (for extracting into)

larger dish (for containing water)

butane (# of cans based on given amount bud/ size of extraction chamber again I throw this in the freezer and I prefer puretane if for no other reason than it wants to or is supposed to be pure n-butane with very little iso-butane)

vacuum purge system and chamber ( I do not believe this is optional but many do believe it is and I have removed solvents very well without it however it's primary purpose is to remove gasses from given substances why would you not use it realistically money and time)

tea kettle/boiling water

a thermostat controlled heat mat

ALL "BLASTING" IS DONE OUTSIDE FOR MY PROCESS I AGAINST ALL SENSIBILITY STILL PURGE INSIDE DUE TO LOCAL CLIMATE IF YOU CAN PURGE OUTSIDE STICK TO THAT

step 1. so beginning the process you will fill your extraction tube as needed and lightly pack material, I do chop my material down to .1 or .2 size but that may not be enough or may not be necessary it is a mixed opinion I believe, place Pyrex dish under tube and run butane thru tube, I use a 200g tube and three cans of butane sometimes two but it is relative to your tube size and given amount of material, let dish sit outside until butane has visibly evaporated.

step 2. boil water and pour into larger dish then place the dish with your unpurged product into the larger dish containing the boiling water checking said water for temp with whatever method available, for an idea I use my fingers if they feel comfortable, i.e. no pain, in the water it's time for new water, to ensure the waters hot enough.

step 3. repeat boiling water purge 4 times by this time there should be almost no bubbles coming from your product

step 4. vacuum purge with your product in your vac chamber and your heat mat set between 90 and 110, search vacuum chamber there are great examples out there, for a time suitable for the size of the extraction a couple grams may only take a few hrs that being said ON ALL EXTRACTIONS I RECOMMEND A 48 HR PURGE MINIMUM WITH A FLIP OR ROTATION OF PRODUCT AT THE 24HR MARK it's overkill but butane is just one more thing to kill you in today's world.

(optional) step 5.heat your nail and drop a gram on it for you've worked hard

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Never use pvc for extracting, it outgasses deadly poisons.
pvc-cover.jpg

B

bvb420

nothing but respect for not using pvc after even a little research I completely switched over to stainless steel for all extracts I left the pvc note in there for those who not heed any warning although I suppose I should have mentioned the health threats involved any other thoughts

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Or just not mentioned it, sometimes teens get on here and read about how to do things and they arent known for making the best decisions, which is why I chimed in.
AINT that the truth!

For any kids on here i recommend bubble Hash of Dry sift then press the trichomes to Rosin.

Maybe we can keep some people from blowing up their house with 4th degree burns.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

is a 2lt bottle pvc???
No 2 liter pop bottles are #1 Polyethelene if memory serves. #1 plastic is fantastic stuff.

I use 12 Oz Gatorade bottles ro store Prickly Pear Juice in tge freezer. I have had Prickly Pear Juice in the freezer for almost two years. Still good as the day I prepared it. Prickly Pear is Rich in Betalains that help fight inflammation in the body. They also help lower blood pressure, helps diabetics and pre diabetics, and much more.

#1 plastic is special because it can tolerate cold temps without getting brittle.

An easy way to see what kind of plastic it is look for a number inside a recycle triangle.

If its #1 or #2 plastic you're golden. Anything else you don't want especially if it is going in the fridge or freezer.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
No 2 liter pop bottles are #1 Polyethelene if memory serves. #1 plastic is fantastic stuff.

I use 12 Oz Gatorade bottles ro store Prickly Pear Juice in tge freezer. I have had Prickly Pear Juice in the freezer for almost two years. Still good as the day I prepared it. Prickly Pear is Rich in Betalains that help fight inflammation in the body. They also help lower blood pressure, helps diabetics and pre diabetics, and much more.

#1 plastic is special because it can tolerate cold temps without getting brittle.

An easy way to see what kind of plastic it is look for a number inside a recycle triangle.

If its #1 or #2 plastic you're golden. Anything else you don't want especially if it is going in the fridge or freezer.
I love natural medicine and I want to learn more but all of the books Ive bought are vauge and inconcise. Thanks for sharing that, my wife has high blood pressure and we might try it. Any other nuggets of wisdom are more than welcome by me.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I love natural medicine and I want to learn more but all of the books Ive bought are vauge and inconcise. Thanks for sharing that, my wife has high blood pressure and we might try it. Any other nuggets of wisdom are more than welcome by me.
The way I process tge Prickly Pear is as follows.

Use tongs to pick the Pears so your hands are not full of glochids abd thorns.

Toss pears in blender and puree the Pears skins clochids, seeds etc.

First filtration. Pour the puree through a mesh bag that oranges, or grapefruit comes in.

Second fikteate. Filter through a piece of old T shirt.

Third filtration. Filter through part of a sheet or pillow case. This last stage will catch all remaining thorns and hair like glochids.

Thus Juice tries to ferment in my fridge (38 degrees) so freeze tge Juice you will not be using for a while.

It really helps by reducing inflammation in my body. It goes in my smoothie every day.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
The way I process tge Prickly Pear is as follows.

Use tongs to pick the Pears so your hands are not full of glochids abd thorns.

Toss pears in blender and puree the Pears skins clochids, seeds etc.

First filtration. Pour the puree through a mesh bag that oranges, or grapefruit comes in.

Second fikteate. Filter through a piece of old T shirt.

Third filtration. Filter through part of a sheet or pillow case. This last stage will catch all remaining thorns and hair like glochids.

Thus Juice tries to ferment in my fridge (38 degrees) so freeze tge Juice you will not be using for a while.

It really helps by reducing inflammation in my body. It goes in my smoothie every day.
Now if my local whole food store only sells them I will be trying it soon. Thanks!

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Now if my local whole food store only sells them I will be trying it soon. Thanks!
They grow all over tge Southwest. Here in Tucson people grow them as an ornamental plant. So i knock on doors asking permision to pick them. I will be moving in a few days. I have 6 pads of three differerent types so i can plant them at tge home stead.

Be careful buying them at Whole Food and other stores. You want the wild variety over the domesticated version. The domesticated doesnt have the betalain content.

The wild is long and getting larger on the end that had the flower. Domesticated is round about the size of a tennis ball.

lifecheck

lifecheck

Hello guys, just want to add about the Korean Brand BHO extractor that I've used. I suggest you not to use it because it has a low quality bho extract. Also I told my friends to try the BHO and they said it taste weird and funny. Gonna buy a good quality next time but need to save more money for now. Hope others will not encounter what I've got into. Thanks

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

sounds like you got some weird brand of butane.

Hello guys, just want to add about the Korean Brand BHO extractor that I've used. I suggest you not to use it because it has a low quality bho extract. Also I told my friends to try the BHO and they said it taste weird and funny. Gonna buy a good quality next time but need to save more money for now. Hope others will not encounter what I've got into. Thanks

Graywolf

Graywolf

Brand?

lifecheck

lifecheck

@Graywolf I am using Power 5. Do you have any idea what is the best one?

Top Bottom