Bho Hmk Purge Help

• Thread starter JBerryTheMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JBerryTheMan

Just started making bho using keif and I am having some trouble purging did a hot water bath at around 130 for 10 hours or so and it's still sparking and harsh. Did 2 batches first was boiling water into a a pan with pyrex inside then blew in material and popped all bubbles with a razor blade (mixed the hell out of it) then hardened it and it was still full of butane. Purged on a griddle with hot water bath for the 10 hours and it got waxy and still sparks. Next blew into a pyrex with no heat and put that on the hot water bath. Came out a lot clearer and harder this time didn't mix this time just popped bubbles with a torch but it still sparks and is harsh. I want this to be as clean as possible using the tools i have (griddle crock pot) what can i do here?

J

JBerryTheMan

Just started making bho using keif and I am having some trouble purging did a hot water bath at around 130 for 10 hours or so and it's still sparking and harsh. Did 2 batches first was boiling water into a a pan with pyrex inside then blew in material and popped all bubbles with a razor blade (mixed the hell out of it) then hardened it and it was still full of butane. Purged on a griddle with hot water bath for the 10 hours and it got waxy and still sparks. Next blew into a pyrex with no heat and put that on the hot water bath. Came out a lot clearer and harder this time didn't mix this time just popped bubbles with a torch but it still sparks and is harsh. I want this to be as clean as possible using the tools i have (griddle crock pot) what can i do here?
What exactly is the Hmk method? Heard about it but I can't seem to find the original post of that and i want to make sure I get the right info.

Graywolf

Graywolf

A failed method...

Get a vaccume chamber and pump if you want clean bho..

Hot water baths are for sore muscles.

My guess would be the Hashmasta-Kut method. HMK was a Canadian pioneer in BHO extraction, and inventor of the titanium swing skillet.

Like most of us participating back in the hoary days of yore, his techniques evolved and he actually has since moved on to Rosin extraction as his method of choice.

As noted, a vacuum chamber or oven is the best way I've personally found to remove residual solvent while maintaining it in carboxylic acid state and retaining most of the monoterpenes that make it fragrant and flavorful.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Hopefully all that BHO is all for you personally. Sounds like a terrible headache waiting to be smoked, poisonous infact (so unpurged that it still sparks)
130 @ 10 hrs :facepalm: I do a similar temp under vac purge for days.
What you can do when blasting is put it on a skillet and whip it up into a budder. Should take some time of just whipping (it will take it's toll on your arm) That's the best your going to get without a purge.

J

JBerryTheMan

I find it hard to believe that it's impossible to do with what I have and that's why I asked. If no one knows then I guess I will have to figure it out on my own but I am not interested in re inventing the wheel I just want some clean dabs. I will post my methods and results until I can find something that works.

J

JBerryTheMan

I apologize if I sound negative all info is appreciated thanks to all who replied.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

It's not reinventing the wheel.
Purging removes all the residual butane so it's safe to smoke. Your putting yourself and others health and well being cause you "don't want to reinvent the wheel".

BS if you ask me.

Lazy, not caring about the quality and safety of an extract.

J

JBerryTheMan

And yes this is for personal use (medication) So I am trying a crock pot with my material on parchment paper and a lid on it. Temp gets up to 170 (the temp of my material) so I take it out abd let it cool. Looks like it is getting darker (started out pretty dark) but the reaction (bubbles) are slowing a bit been on for 5 hours.

J

JBerryTheMan

It's not reinventing the wheel.
Purging removes all the residual butane so it's safe to smoke. Your putting yourself and others health and well being cause you "don't want to reinvent the wheel".

BS if you ask me.

Lazy, not caring about the quality and safety of an extract.
Reinventing the wheel

J

JBerryTheMan

Re inventing the wheel means doing research someone has already done. I have been working on this for over a week so save your comments about lazy and bs cause I don't neef them. What i need is to know how to make this bho safe or time to "re invent the wheel" so stop posting unless you have something to say that will help. Thanks.

J

JBerryTheMan

I didn't get any advice other than to do something I can't do please do not comment if that's your advice.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I didn't get any advice other than to do something I can't do please do not comment if that's your advice.

Ok my advice would be to stop making tane soup and refrain from doing so till you can actually do it somewhat properly..

but since your prolly an underage little twat I'm just gonna tell ya at this point to go fuck your self.

And don't ever tell me or anyone else on this forum not to post... Cause This ain't your forum... So eat a dick if you don't like it :D

J

JBerryTheMan

Yep I am definitely the kid here you sure showed me and don't worry about me asking anything else on this forum people like you aren't worth the hassle.

Graywolf

Graywolf

Here is what HMK said in his instructional post on The Canna Cabanna private forum in 2009: https://thecannacabana.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15513

Well as mentioned, I do a hot water bath(tap hot) to get rid of the liquid butane, then I take it inside and put it on the stove to keep it hot for about a half hour or a bit more. Turn the element on a couple times, just to maintain the heat of the hot water bath to be very hot( not too close to boiling but fairly hot). Also I have found very helpful for effective purging is to cover the pyrex pie plate with a lid. I have a glass dish which fits well, and then the oil gets and remains much hotter on its surface, as well as underneath.

Seems much more effective with a lid. Then i open the lid a few times(every 5-10 minutes), and heat treat from above with a butane torch to pop any butane bubbles... and generally just overall lightly warm the whole surface too. Depending on amount it may take just one time with the torch, or possibly a few times may be needed wih a thicker mass of oil. More oil has more flaming bubbles. 10 minutes a gram of extract produced seems adequate, for a few grams. If you do lots of oil I would recommend only about 7 grams maximum per plate for full purges achieved with this method.

You can cook bubbles off the top and out of the butane for hours, but you dont have to, and actually those bubbles arent butane when removed at this stage, but actually thc volatiles gassing out of the hot oil mix. It is necessary to heat it to a certain degree to remove the last trapped butane but carefull heating is the key to achieving rock hard oil and sacrificing the least amount of good thc volatiles.

If bubbles dont flame, they arent butane. You know you are done purging if you try to light small bubbles and they wont flame..its do-able( a whole extraction) in less than an hour.
then i scrape it up and its good to vape!

Last edited:
Top Bottom