Big Yellow Fan Leaves

• Thread starter Bronco
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bronco

Bronco

Just wondering about big lower fan leaves turning yellow.....Do you all just pick them off?.....Plants look really good. this is only my 2nd year trying to grow....last year was my first plant ever.
Thanks
Jack

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

I can tell from the overall health of your yellow leaf that your plant is probably in good health. If your plants lighter green feed her. It's natural from them to have some yellow leaf when their eating and growing at the pace they do. Just pluck it off and happy growing!

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Personally I try to leave the leaves alone until they fall off by themselves. I don't like stressing my plants (even a little) and if they get just a little bit of nutrients from it then that's all the better. But it's looking good, nothing to worry about IMO. Maybe hit em with a little Nitrogen if they are still in veg or early flowering. Kudos on your grow, you're well on your way :-)

Perception

Perception

I agree with @JWM2 that you should just let them fall off. Although I don’t have any real evidence to back this up.

I read the book True Living Organics, and the author believes that since mobile nutrients are still being pulled from the lower (yellowing) leaves, and transferred to the buds, that you should leave them on until they fall off on their own. Maybe just a theory, but sounds good to me!

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I agree with @JWM2 that you should just let them fall off. Although I don’t have any real evidence to back this up.

I read the book True Living Organics, and the author believes that since mobile nutrients are still being pulled from the lower (yellowing) leaves, and transferred to the buds, that you should leave them on until they fall off on their own. Maybe just a theory, but sounds good to me!

That’s what I’ve always thought too. Once the plant is done with them it’ll kick em to the curb ;-)

123grow

Personally we remove any leaf that is not green and we also try to remove the big water leaves so theres more room for air circulation and sun to get inside the plant. Its a bitch to do if theres a lot of plants but till the plants get really big thats what we do. Either way the yellow leaves should come off the plant or out of the soil. You wouldnt want to leave a pile of old leaves in there. IMO. Good luck.. Julie

123grow

But the plant does better if it has less to slow it down? Like the yellowing leaves and like when you remove the wimpy lower branches?.. if i said that right? lol. Good luck, Julie

Reactions: Ina
Top Bottom