Biothrive Dropping My Ph??

• Thread starter Hempie88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hempie88

Hempie88

ok everyone first timer here,so hang with me. I’ve got 12 hemp mother plants that I’ve purchased from a local farm. Y’all are probably gonna give me a hard time for trying to go big on my first grow. My plan is to get around 150 clones and turn them into mothers to eventually clone off of them and plant 3-4 acres in field. For Right now my 12 mothers are in my basement but in the process of getting my greenhouse up! They are in 7 gal pots with pretty much a pro mix. I have been feeding 2tsp BioThrive per gal of water Every watering. The guy at hydro store recommended the biothrive. He said the organic nuts don’t build up salts and would be better for mothers since they are staying in the same pot for a longe time. Does that sound right to y’all? Also most of the stuff I’ve read and videos I’ve watched all say to adjust ph after adding nuts. So that’s what I’ve been doing. My ph before adding biothrive is around 6.5 but after adding it falls to like 5.0 or lower. It takes around 4ml per gal of ph up to get it back around 6.5. Am I doing the wrong thing?? I’ve been reading that I don’t need to adjust ph with biothrive since it’s organic and also that ph up and down can cause bad stuff. So now I’m kinda lost thought I was doing the right thing but maybe not. Can anyone help me or shed there opinions on how I should be feeding my moms to get as many clones as possible? Thanks in advance!!

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

ok everyone first timer here,so hang with me. I’ve got 12 hemp mother plants that I’ve purchased from a local farm. Y’all are probably gonna give me a hard time for trying to go big on my first grow. My plan is to get around 150 clones and turn them into mothers to eventually clone off of them and plant 3-4 acres in field. For Right now my 12 mothers are in my basement but in the process of getting my greenhouse up! They are in 7 gal pots with pretty much a pro mix. I have been feeding 2tsp BioThrive per gal of water Every watering. The guy at hydro store recommended the biothrive. He said the organic nuts don’t build up salts and would be better for mothers since they are staying in the same pot for a longe time. Does that sound right to y’all? Also most of the stuff I’ve read and videos I’ve watched all say to adjust ph after adding nuts. So that’s what I’ve been doing. My ph before adding biothrive is around 6.5 but after adding it falls to like 5.0 or lower. It takes around 4ml per gal of ph up to get it back around 6.5. Am I doing the wrong thing?? I’ve been reading that I don’t need to adjust ph with biothrive since it’s organic and also that ph up and down can cause bad stuff. So now I’m kinda lost thought I was doing the right thing but maybe not. Can anyone help me or shed there opinions on how I should be feeding my moms to get as many clones as possible? Thanks in advance!!
Yea, adjust your ph after you add nutes. If you want an organic ph up, look into Olympus up, from nectar for the gods. Some say there is no need to adjust your ph in soil. I always do anyway just in case, so I am not gonna advise you not too. But I will say it's not a very big deal like in hydro.

I'm in soil right now, and just discovered my ph pen was off an entire point. I couldn't even tell tho, honestly. That's just my experience. If u really wanna be safe, then I say adjust it. Just make sure you're ph pen is calibrated correctly.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Not organic, but I really like potassium silicate as ph up. It feeds silica, and raises ph. Win win.

But yeah I would always at least bring it Into the right range for the media. Ph 5 is even a bit low for hydro. I'd try to at least get it around 6-6.5 with any added nutrients.

If feeding straight water, there is no need to ph that. Especially RO, with very little ions the water will quickly buffer to the soil ph.

The outlaw

The outlaw

I've used G.O. for the last couple years without using pH adjusters, just aerate for 24 hrs and pH will stabilize with no need for adjustment. Good luck!!

Hempie88

Hempie88

I've used G.O. for the last couple years without using pH adjusters, just aerate for 24 hrs and pH will stabilize with no need for adjustment. Good luck!!

This may be a dumb question but what do you mean by aerate? You saying mix nuts in water and let it set for 24hrs?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
This may be a dumb question but what do you mean by aerate? You saying mix nuts in water and let it set for 24hrs?
Pump air through an airstone. Itll cause nutrient solutions ph to rise to a degree by driving off dissolved acidifying gasses through surface agitation.

Top Bottom