Biowar Tea And Ipm

• Thread starter Savage Henry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Hello all,

I've been rethinking my approach to things after a sever and long outbreak of broad mites and before that root aphids (actually concurrent at one point). Saw all the great results people were having and bought a pound each of the foliar and root packs.

As of right now my strategy is to foliar spray with cap's tea recipe weekly and use the rest of the brew in the Rez (diluted 1:10). I know the packs have several different types of bacteria but can't help but think that only having what amounts to one product in the mandatory rotation is not enough for a preventative ipm strategy.

Neem (both foliar and in the root zone) appears to be off the table due to its anti microbial properties. On the shelf I have some hb 101 (samples, never used) and a bottle of big time exterminator (appears to be a nuke-em analog). As well as agsil and enough molasses and ewc to brew teas indefinitely.

Do people find preventative success using solely the biowar products? What products don't display antagonism with the microbes when used in foliar rotations?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@Savage Henry You are right on track with the usage rate of Biowar as a preventative. Don't need anything else for preventative measures. Foliar pack is compatible with merit75 for RA, and for BM I have heard success stories with only foliar pack sprayed every 4 days with a paint sprayer or atomizer.

The best preventative for bullshit pests and disease is healthy plants. I see people using way too much nutes, and all these additives and spraying shit all the time on the plants (oils and such) and I think that can contribute more to stressing the plants out than helping it.

Healthy, bug and mildew free moms with nice green new growth is where your cuttings should come from. Keep the cuttings happy and then keep your veg simple (light nutes, a little compost tea, maybe some chitosan). Spray once a week with kelp, thermx, biowar... and once a week with Ca25.

In flower same thing through week 4. Cut nitrogen, and add a little more Mg after that. Stop spraying. Let it ride.

Oh, and the whole time keep things pruned and defoliated properly.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Thanks @Capulator

Sounds like we're on the same page, last week In my notebook I wrote (in big bold letters) "healthy, well-fed plants are the best pesticide" right next to "consistency is key!"

Do you use the chitosan mixed in as a media amendment or in the tea and at what rate?

I've been using kelp meal and alfalfa in my ewc teas. Microbe man mentioned on his site that kelp can delay bacteria multiplication by about 24 hours and if adding it its best to run the Brewer for around 72 hrs. Do you see any issue with adding the root and foliar pack dosages after 24-48 hrs along with, say, an additional 5ml/gal of molasses (I'm starting with approx. 30ml/gal)?

Have some coco-wet on the shelf, has this been known to work with the biowar?

And one last question, in regards to cutting back on N in week 4. I'm on my first run with jacks @ 321. Im thinking either dropping the hydro or the calnit by .5g and upping the epson by 0.5 should do the trick.

Oh! And about the paint sprayer, probably best the keep the fan in it at the lowest setting to minimize loss of microbes to high psi?

Sorry for the laundry list of questions, glad to have your ear.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@Savage Henry Lately I have been just adding a lot of dry organic amendments and then watering in OGB straight.... so no brewing for me as of late. I never added kelp to the tea, and I was adding alfalfa but stopped after I had a scare with stem nematodes and was told that alfalfa meal could be a potential carrier of those fuckers.

Cocowet works fine, but it's diluted and expensive. I highly recommend thermx 70 instead. you can buy it online. It's the best surfactant I have come across.

Drop the CaNO3 20% last 3 weeks.

Paint sprayer should be on lowest setting. This way you can wet the plants without blowing them over.

Chitosan at 1tsp per gallon every Friday (Chitosan Friday). I think that's like 2 grams per gallon.

Top Bottom