Black African seeds

• Thread starter Captain ChroniK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

VA Hopeful

This is in response to the very first post in this thread (I think it was the first...?), so it may not appeal to some here - thus my apologies in advance, but I think it's still a good read, as it's a true first-hand experience.

Growing up in what was then West Germany in the 60's (mostly in Stuttgart, around RB, Patch & Kelly Barracks), we could not get pot AT ALL - instead, we got those great Lebanese hash varieties of the day, like the true Lebanese "throat wreck" Red, Lebanese Blond, and then the crappy "shoe polish green" that had plant matter you could pull out of it and was as hard as a brick, hard to burn and gave you usually little more than a headache - but we still bought it because, on occasion, that same "shoe polish" green actually DID get you very high - so you always took the chance whenh you had no stash. But the coolest thing was, we could buy this world-class and extremely fresh Lebanese hashish for a whopping .50 cents a gram - that's right, .50 U.S. cents per gram!!! You just had to buy 5 grams at a time, which set you back all of $2.50 - this wasn't too hard on a $5 a week allowance as a Dependant way back then.

Well, then starting in about 1969 (no earlier), once and sometimes, if we were lucky, twice a year - a former G.I. came around in his Citroen CV4 model (the one with the gearshift coming straight out of the dash for it's 4-speed manual, and would tip wildly thru the turns - can you say body LEEAANNN??) God, how I loved all those European makes we could never get in the States, at least, not the same models & engines, but I digress...

This fellow came around once or twice a year, selling what was called "Black African Trip Weed", and it's cost was high (for the times), at $10 for a matchbox full of the stuff. Yes, with .50 cent a gram Lebanese Red & Blond, we had to pay $10 a matchbox full for this pot - but ohhhh, how it was worth it. It as *always* exactly the same, and it did also have small twigs & cracked seeds (no, none would ever germinte and no, we couldn't get any that would).

Our normal method of consumption was to take a standard sized corncob pipe, drop a fresh screen in the bowl, and this matchbox full of trip weed would deliver a good 3 full packed bowls of product, well worth it. Keep in mnd that these are 60's -sized matchboxes, and a "standard" sized corncob bowl, not teh later BIG ones.

The results? The smell was great, the smoke was smooth though could be harsh if you tried to do a Superman lung toke - and the high? Incredible - it crept up fairly quick, and within 15 minutes you were actually seeing things that were not there - quite literally - and we still got nice laughs from this pot as well. At first, we smoked this only in the woods because it got us so high - then we got up the nerve to smoke it on base (we were Dependants at the time, remember) and go thru our normal night time activities - but with wonderfully altered perspective. :)

I had never believed that any marijuana or hash could make you see things that were not really there - and to tell the truth, I *still* have a very hard time believing it unless I can actually experience it - but I *can* tell you with absolute certainty that this so-called "Black African Trip Weed" was available then, it was the ONLY pot we could get back in the late 60's & early 70's anywhere in West Germany from Stuttgart to Frankfurt, from K-town to the Fulda Gap - and that it was indeed a true trip-weed.

Sorry for the long post everyone, but the previous great posts in this thread just made me feel I had to share that experience - FWIW, if anything.

Peace.

V

VA Hopeful

Hi Northone,

Forgive me for asking, but I take it by your post that you were also in Europe during the late 60's, or perhaps I misunderstood....?

Anyway, I'm glad to see someone else who has at least heard of this so-called "black African trip weed" of the late-60's to early 70's that I was lucky enough to partake of - we hated that we could only get it once to *maybe* twice a year - but it was just incredible every time we could get it. There was ZERO variance in it's effects, consistency in the extreme.

If I understood your post correctly, it seems you were perhaps aware of that product's existence, but missed out on actually getting some of it? Again, my apologies if I misunderstood - I just hate it if you did not get to sample those wares way back then.

It's funny - I have to thank the U.S. Government and specifically the U.S. Army for exposing me to so many areas of the world, so many different cultures and experiences that so many Americans just never get the benefit of - it really alters a person's perspective, on many things, and all of this happened during times when in most of Europe, they loved us Americans (well, the French always hated us back then, but that's a whole 'nother story) - and I will forever be grateful, despite the nonsensical crap that our government does to it's citizens (and others) ever damned day in these times.

Thanks for your response Northone, & I wish you all the best.

Reactions: km1
bongstar

bongstar

LAGING, B but boy is she dominate.

thanx for the story VAhopeful, and thanx for serving our country. Its great that the us goverment helped expose you to this legendary strain.
Sorry for lagging on the pics i forgot my camera last two times i went to see them. As far as the report were growing C4,NL5,Blue dream,L&L OG,Grape kush, tahoe OG,Cotton candy X Sweet tooth And the Black african all are about three weeks in and the Black African is dominate over all the other plants, is is more developed it has more smell, more crystals, abetter over all structrue, Its leaf profile is tighter more evan and consistant than the rest also, when you walk in the room its dominance is very apearant. the true test will arive at at smoke time! im hedging all bets on the Black. agin my apologies i will not forget the camera this time. i also have 10 more Black africans starting there about a week and half old, ill get flicks of those to.

bongstar

bongstar

black african! A true african queen

here are some pics!!!!!!
FILE0144

bongstar

bongstar

can some one say dominate!!

this is a little over 3 weeks in and is dominating all strains in the room. first pic is the black
FILE0161

FILE0155

FILE0157

FILE0162

bongstar

bongstar

first flick is the black 2nd is blue dream, 3rd L&L OG, forth tahoe og and NL5 in the back round of that pick. we all know those arent small names in the game but boy do they look substandard net to the black african.

bongstar

bongstar

thanx north.

thanx for the info north. are you speaking of the ones that look more yellowish? do you think the ph is to low or high? dose the african appear to have what your speaking of ? your saying to check the run off from the bucket right? doing this indoor stuff is new to me i apreciate the tips.

bongstar

bongstar

thank agin north will do.with nuets my water is about 6 to 6.5 before it goes in. should it be the same on the way out.

bongstar

bongstar

baby's!!!!!!!!!!

thats a will do and thanks agin north. here are some pics of the babys i have 10 there about 11 0r 12 days in the pic.
FILE0160

bongstar

bongstar

updates!!!!!!!!!!!

well here are a couple of newflicks this is 31 days in for the big girls and 16 or 17 days for the babys
[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

FILE0170
FILE0175
FILE0179
bongstar

bongstar

well what evan more interesting is that my dad said it usualy grew tall and branchy with long but very fat leaves, and most of my babies seem to be showing that pheno type more. the one in the pics had a few issues during veg so this next batch will be the first batch that is doing great from the start.

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

Cannabis seeds have been used in sub-Saharan Africa as baby food since time immemorial. I strongly suspect that you found a heritage strain that was\is bred for seed stock (a similar giant bean strain is found in China for the same reasons).

With the equatorial climate of Africa the cannabis naturally selects for high THC content and low CBD, so it's bound to be very psychoactive if it's gone feral for any length of time. Looks interesting as a landrace, though. Could be valuable to a breeder. Maybe contact DJ Short, as he's interested in African strains? You'd probably score a nice trade at least.

In the Congo there's certain tribes of Pygmy's that only cultivate cannabis. They live in a nearly foodless ecosystem where any crop could be culturally redefining, but they shun any agriculture save for cannabis. I've been dreaming of scoring their seeds for a decade. Here's an article bit:

"In his book The Dragons of Eden, Carl Sagan has speculated that cannabis may have been the first crop cultivated by stone age man. He based this assertion upon the example of the pygmies. The pygmies were basically hunter-gatherers until they started planting the cannabis which they used for religious purposes. The pygmies say that they have been smoking cannabis "since the beginning of time.""

That bud has to be amazing, right?

bongstar

bongstar

black

[/ATTACH]thanx for the info detroit.im definatly going to see if any one is intrested in breeding them, but it will have to be an excelent breeder some one like dj
here are some pics starting to get very dark, most of this darkening hapend over about 4 days it has about a week or two left so i magine it is going to get much darker.

FILE0223
FILE0222
G

Green Supreme

Dr.Detroit the Congolese you speak of, is the same one used by La Mano Negra. Peace GS

bongstar

bongstar

North your definatly right my babie dosent resemble that at all. that is a much lankier style. how dose it kick??????

bongstar

bongstar

african queen

thank you north. it was my intrest/obsession of this strain that led me to this site. i wanted to find out as much as i possibly could about this plant, and simeltainiously share what knowledge i had of it and what im learning about on my way. im cutting it down tuesday!!!!!! cant wait!!!! my ten youngsters are going into flower right after that. it has ben a long journey trying to revive this strain. and i feel i can finaly breath agin. will post more pics soon.

Reactions: mal
A

APAX

ime from south africa , and ie never heard of such thing , maybe deep in central africas , tribes , but then again only for their consumption and no distrubiting , maybe , not like the other african country's , down here we get , black congo , malawi gold , weed from zambia , swazi , tanzania , and a few others , all pure sativa landraces but in the last 18 years never heard of such ,

P

primeform

cannot wait for this smoke report! thanks for takin us along on the ride bongstar!

bongstar

bongstar

Sorry for the down time folks! thats kind of the way i roll after harvest time!!!!!
This is an excelent strain. Smokes heavy, it,s the kind of hit when if your standing you wont be for long, right after the hit you get the hot flashes and say holy shit! Its high can get you stuck but the nice part is if you wana get out and about its good for that too. the taste is kind of peppery and spicy with alittle bit of that purpleish smell. Definatly a new fav.
So Apax what is your favirot of the african strains? hows that congo black.

Top Bottom