Black Haze aka Frankie, NYC Haze, The Piff, Church, Uptown Piff or Cuban Black Haze

• Thread starter manicgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
Alot of people were asking about the Black Haze cut that we are working with, so I figured Id post some info..This is a description from a freind that has been smoking the Black for nearly his whole life,,,,

Despite not being really considered a Elite Strain, The OG Black Haze is probably one few pure haze that still exists in its origanal form....no backcrossing, crossing, or fems..So many people in miami have this cut that is heritige will never be lost..now that i think about i really cant recall another pure haze that exists in this way today where people can still get there hands on a cut of the origanal genetics....maybe the few that skunkman might have or some people out in holland, but this cut has been floating around miami for over 20+ years in its origanal form, and ive been smoking it for over 18+ years....Even though a ton of people in miami have this cut.....its really only shared amongst people in the latin american community, and if your not one of them its really hard to get your hands on this cut!

I really dont know to much of the background but im sure it was brought here from somewhere in s. america, cuba, or the carribean, but its the first choice strain with the commercial growers in miami. Personally, not only is this a TRUE COMMERCIAL YIELDER but its is THE MOST POTENT POT ive ever smoked to this day...Even Now, I prefer to buy this weed over my own weed, not only the stuff i grow but my friends grow both too, and i prefer the blacks over any cut ive ran! In Miami, not only do we have our Black haze in origanal form, but we have a OG Silver Haze, not SSH but the real Old School Silver Haze which has been floating around this area for 20+ years as well. Hands down the Black Haze is prefered over the silver haze 9 times out of 10...just to tell you how good this pot is!

This cut takes 90-120 days...needs a ton of lights, a ton of nutes, and a ton of space but will reward you for everything you give her....

One thing about this haze is that it doesnt affect you like the typical pure sativa(typically racey high...energetic)....this packs a very hard narcotic high...couchlock is like a understatement with this weed when grown right...we call it more like comatose!

Sorry for the long introduction, but i really feel this is my best contribution to this site to date...ive posted some stuff and shared some of my own crosses but this is as close to an old school haze as your gonna find without knowing sam the skunkman, haze brothers, and so on....or if youve kept a cut of pure haze probably for 25 years or so.....which i dont think anyone on this site has posted! If you have a 20+ year cut of a origanal haze, not 20+ year seeds that people have said they are that old....or crosses, or any thing... please correct me... Once again sorry for the long intro but i feel she is worth it!

Photo credit keithvonfraichen
Black haze aka frankie nyc haze the piff church uptown piff or cuban black haze 2

keithvonfraichen_224584262_557670168977512_4378906586138429088_n.jpg

Illmind

Illmind

HHF has mad hazes and growing by the day. He collects them himself too so he knows the origins. Good dude when you're looking for true breeds. His black haze is very similar, i love the old school unhybridized stuff soo much danker.

S

SAPP

Premium Member
Supporter
What are your plans for it? will you try to bring it to IBL in seed form are just cross it? IF you cross. to what? I have never had pure Haze but would hope with the lack of haze in it original form you would try to preserve it. I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

G

grenbone

Any information on the smell and flavor of the Black Haze? Differences in the smells when growing versus dried and cured? Would love to see some photos of it :)

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
manicgrower

the info is most appreciated but there seems to be mix info/reviews on this strain

The Black Haze is more of "Piff" meaning it's a Haze with mixed flavors
jj-NYC

OK.i just had a meeting with a guy who grew the haze originally in santa cruz in the 70's.he is freidns with the guys who found it.i took him a sample of 120 day black haze and his jaw dropped.he said that the black is without a doubt the real santa cruz haze.

so basiclly.piff=black haze and black haze=real santa cruz haze

bageledj
There are many different versions of the NYC Haze, ranging from floral Thai to cat piss and everything in between. I know the cat piss pheno. The black Haze is not this pheno but it has hints of cat piss and Thai and could pass as a NYC Haze if it's not already. It smokes very strong and fills up the room with that classic haze smell and can hang with any NYC Haze
jj-nyc
the black is way different.reminds me of anise,rye,spice,sandlewwod,frankensence.as for it not being the piff.the piff i got multiple time up on Len was the black cut.i have herd there are two different cuts going around.there are also mutiple pull times for her.so thats why i think there are so many differnet grades and qualities.this is IMO of course.i have only tried the piff maybe 20 times but the first time was in 96 and the last being 99-2000 so my experience was quite a bit ago.i dont know what people consider piff now
the man
The Black is one of the many variations of Piff coming from South Florida. It has a amazing stone, but lacks in the flavor and taste department. She is a yielder though and when dialed in, PACKS on the weight.
ART

now id like to say im not taking anything away from this strain or report ,but i feel its very hard to say its pure unless you know the source of the cut and the source of where it first came from ,ill tell you my friend is the guy who bageledj mentioned in the above post and those were not his words my friend says its a different pheno not of the original haze

i look forward to the release and reports from this strain,from reports she is very reminescent of our finer nyc hazes which as you may know are some of my alltime favorite smoke's

im very interested to hear more about the taste/aromas of this cut

id also love to hear more about the taste/aromas of the og silver haze

1luvbigherb

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
I have seen pictures of this exact cut and it looks like it could yeild very well. and from the description of the grower 12-18 plants 6k watts 5 gal pots co2 13-15 lbs per run. now that to me is worth 90-120 days.

F

frogeye

The black started getting popular back in about 2002,at least that i knew of, sh has been in fla for a long time along with alot of other haze varieties.I've heard alot of different myth's behind it's origion.The black's not a pure haze,the yield alone should tell you that.I've never seen a pure haze put out 1/2 lb plus in 90 days.Ihave seen haze hybrids doing it though.I dont know what it really is dont see how anyone who didnt have a hand in the origional possibly could.Crazy guess colombian black/sh hybrid or maybe even a panamanian/colombian/sh hybrid.It's definately a keeper though and will have your ass in a fog.One problem is people change names on stuff like black haze aka...305 haze .. cuban haze..90 day haze or just black for short.So it could've once been called ssh and cause the market was flooded with sh someone changed the name to make it sound exotic not saying thats what happened ,just saying.Back in the 80's fla was flooded with any/every kind of herb known to man damn near.It would be nice to see someone hit it up with some good nev haze/th haze pollen then start to really search for the different phenos to narrow it down,not to mention maybe find some sick new phenos.Either way it's up there in the top 3 for all around great herb.You should definately try to work her cause anything you hit her with will pretty much be a good decision.From what i hear the th haze is about the closest thing to an og haze even alot of hay in the mix along with the elusive acid pheno if your lucky,but i have yet to try it.Although i had to grab a pack lol just in case.peace

Z

zoeronerer

im pretty sure it has columbian in it ....

said the fla homeys that liv in bali now .

G

grenbone

From what i hear the th haze is about the closest thing to an og haze even alot of hay in the mix along with the elusive acid pheno if your lucky,but i have yet to try it.

what's the elusive acid pheno all about?

Dynamite

Dynamite

your friends description sounds great

But he says GREAT commercial yielder ?

I never met anyone or heard from but personal grower wants a strain goes longer then 70days

90-120 and commercial strain .. I want to meet those growers !!

Just don't find 10packs of AAA+ 100+ day done Haze ,not since the 7O's n 80's when it was shipped in from over sea's ..

Sounds interesting for damn sure !

G

ganjherbsmoke

Unless ur from europe the hazes were made here in cali as a big breeding project in the 60s and 70s so no oversea transporting was needed then it made its way to europe but the heirloom hazes come from ca. ....interested to see a grow/smoke report on this!

M

MOneY

tha black im almost 100%positive has colombian genes...some think she is a haze leaning nl/haze selection.....black is fire...and yeah im one who sourced her...thanks again bro if your out there......and yes T. H i l l has that fire haze...i promiss........laters..

D

dailychronic

Ive smoked it and its as good as advertised. Depending on the cure can be black to dark green. Taste excellent. I wish I could get a cut but being able to get an O every once in awhile will do. Florida has some excellent hidden or not well know gems waiting to blow up.

J

John Ditchweed

what up manic?? frist post in years when can i smoke some of this yummy ass sounding black? hit me up i need to yak at you for a min anyway

DonJuanMatus

DonJuanMatus

hey manic, lovely to see people working with the black..ive been smoking the black since i was a teenager. when done right and taken 90-100 its hands down the most fire herb ive smoked..i was able get a cut years back, and i used cs to reverse it and i made the black s1's along with other crossed ...the black X nycd x casey jones, the black X C99..youll be happy to hear the black dominates everything its crossed with, especially in smell and taste, i grew out 75 of the black X nycd x cj and not 1 tasted like the mom it was all THE BLACK...it is also one of the most stable strain ive grown wont nanner for anything..if anyone is thinking about getting anything with the black in it DO IT...this herb is other worldy, it taste better than any elite ive ever tried.. i think it might be an extreme haze dom pheno of an old NL x Haze cross..anyway here are some pics of the black s1's outdoors

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
hey manic, lovely to see people working with the black..ive been smoking the black since i was a teenager. when done right and taken 90-100 its hands down the most fire herb ive smoked..i was able get a cut years back, and i used cs to reverse it and i made the black s1's along with other crossed ...the black X nycd x casey jones, the black X C99..youll be happy to hear the black dominates everything its crossed with, especially in smell and taste, i grew out 75 of the black X nycd x cj and not 1 tasted like the mom it was all THE BLACK...it is also one of the most stable strain ive grown wont nanner for anything..if anyone is thinking about getting anything with the black in it DO IT...this herb is other worldy, it taste better than any elite ive ever tried.. i think it might be an extreme haze dom pheno of an old NL x Haze cross..anyway here are some pics of the black s1's outdoors

View attachment 96757

View attachment 96758

View attachment 96759

View attachment 96760

View attachment 96761

View attachment 96762

View attachment 96763

View attachment 96764

beautiful pics

looks similar to som nyc haze brown almost yellowish/golden

since you have som experience with the strain id love to hear more about the taste/aromas

i believe these are the first pics ivee seen of her grown outdoors ,i recall money mikes indo a bit more sat looking ,but ime a friend grew som nyc haze bagseed outdoors which didnt resemble these pics at all ,the growth was similar too oaxacn pics ive seen and very wild sativa imo

glad to hear another praise of the strain ,id lov to hav a taste ,your info is most appreciated

1luvbigherb

D

dailychronic

Some black og, black chem, or how about black x white and call that shit the Michael Jackson , cchum on weeeeeEEEyee

DonJuanMatus

DonJuanMatus

hey big herb

the dry shots have that golden brown color
due to me taking them till most trics were amber...when the black is done right and matured properly it will have this dark appearance i guess maybe that's why they call it the black. this is also why as others have said it has a very narcotic high compared to most hazes..i however find that the high is kinda like a rollercoaster...its starts out extremely cerebral and energetic then slides down into a very stoney narcotic high..best of both worlds

smell:
very spicy with a sharp incense undertone VERY slight lemon smell after 6 month cure if flushed properly

taste:
on inhale it has a very sharp spicy taste hard to hold in a hit, not from harshness but from insane spicyness on exhale it tightens your lungs like no other and the taste changes from spice to spicy church incense with a little bit of a medicine taste, taste a little like some columbian red i've grown but on steroids..the flavor on exhale is so strong and overpowering i love watching people when they exhale it they make real funny faces like something is wrong inside them, this herb will make you sneeze! another thing with the black is after you smoke it the smell left in the room is ridiculously strong and almost exactly like it tastes i've found very few if any strains that leave such a strong smell behind after a session

i will say the black grows WAY different outside than it does inside also it grows WAY different from seed(s1) than from clone..not in the sense of different taste,smell or high but, in structure, leaf size, flower formation ect..it has something to do with the fact that when grown from seed it has to wait until its sexually mature for it to start lateral branching this affects the difference in appearance, since a clone is already sexually mature before its even flowered .when grown from cut indoors the black looks extremely thin bladed and wild but when grown outside from seed it starts out with a slightly less sat leaning appearance and only begins look more thin bladed when it flowers due
to hair thin blades that shoot out of the flowers

pic 1,4,5 +6
is the black s1 grown 12/12 from seed outdoors

pic 2+3
is the black s1 still vegging about to flower when it does it will change its appearance dramatically the black is a notorious brancher when flowered and throws
arm long running colas top to bottom this is why it is used commercially

here is a pic of the black reversed indoors from clone using CS youll notice
how it looks much more sat. than the ones from seed....

sorry for the long post in your thread manic didnt mean to hi-jack it just figured it would be a good place to put info on it since you'll be working with it and there
ain't much around...i lost my mom of the black and haven't been able to source it again so i'm very glad i got 100's of s1's because this IS my favorite herb

Top Bottom