Black Spots

• Thread starter tinderthumbs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

any clue what Is going on here I looked in old post but don't seem like any one els knew what the heck is going on here about 50% of my veg plants have this seems to be moving quick

in promix
315w lec
around 3 weeks old
ph test says 6.1
seems to be all over not just on the top or in the middle

any more info plz just ask

Black spots
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

48 Rh I have a ac in there and a box fan moving air over the soil temps 76-78

thinking manganese deficiency that would cover the spots I think but sure came on quick not even a day ago plants looked liked they where going good then boom every 4 leaf has a spot

showmegreen

showmegreen

Sumthin fungal I'm guessing. But humidity isn't really up enough. You got enuff air space. Cuz if ya say it's all over?...... iDK

showmegreen

showmegreen

Yeah tha space that a lil lady has ta move aroun in, ya know? N all by herself N stuff N things? They need room ta breathe I think. If ain't got enuff room, ta damce, they all git stuffed up with stuff. IDK just a thought i thunk. Tryin ta hep a bit.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
any clue what Is going on here I looked in old post but don't seem like any one els knew what the heck is going on here about 50% of my veg plants have this seems to be moving quick

in promix
315w lec
around 3 weeks old
ph test says 6.1
seems to be all over not just on the top or in the middle

any more info plz just ask
You feeding any calcium? and could be manganese. Get some good micro nutes and assist with some calcium and it should help.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

been using calmag and used micro blast

I do not have cal on its own

wondering think it was u I was talking with but remember I have super hard water wouldent my water have enough cal

so much stuff I just don't know I figurer one thing out and find 20 more

Dunge

Dunge

A quick Calcium sulfate (1T/gal) spray could do no harm and might clear things up if it is a calcium deficiency.
See: Tomato End Rot spray
Look at those bleached out spaces proximal to the necrotic tissue.
This is the leaf surface we are attempting to rescue.
Take a few photos of affected veg to help prove results.

If it continues to progress, you will want to know that quickly too.
Good luck.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

A quick Calcium sulfate (1T/gal) spray could do no harm and might clear things up if it is a calcium deficiency.
See: Tomato End Rot spray
Look at those bleached out spaces proximal to the necrotic tissue.
This is the leaf surface we are attempting to rescue.
Take a few photos of affected veg to help prove results.

If it continues to progress, you will want to know that quickly too.
Good luck.

I don't know if its the bud or the way im reading u but not sure what u saying other then cal sulfate spray the plants

the rest not really sure

Madbud

Madbud

Might want to buy a couple gallons of water...hard water could be iron, manganese, not just calcium, good luck.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Might want to buy a couple gallons of water...hard water could be iron, manganese, not just calcium, good luck.
Yea tinder as we discussed highly alkaline water can reek havoc with your ph levels in the medium which could be limiting what nutes your rootzone is picking up. If I were you I would at least try sourcing some RO water from a machine and over time when you notice a diff in the health and vigor of your gurls you might want to invest in a RO system. With highly alkaline water you need to inject acid to bring the alkalinity done PITA. Try some RO on your next run and see what you think.

Be sure when using RO to supplement calcium and mag as it is stripped from the filtering process.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

Yea tinder as we discussed highly alkaline water can reek havoc with your ph levels in the medium which could be limiting what nutes your rootzone is picking up. If I were you I would at least try sourcing some RO water from a machine and over time when you notice a diff in the health and vigor of your gurls you might want to invest in a RO system. With highly alkaline water you need to inject acid to bring the alkalinity done PITA. Try some RO on your next run and see what you think.

Be sure when using RO to supplement calcium and mag as it is stripped from the filtering process.
I been using walmart distilled water on some of the plants that have the same problem as the ones that been getting my sink water

after u said that I been doing a test to see if my water is the problem so far seem sink In distilled water doing the same thing

yes I know distilled water is a lil acidic but could not be as near as bad as my sink water

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

just wondering if it was my water how could I have gotten plants lush n green and taller then I am then in flower go to crap 5 weeks later bc of the water

its this damn promix I just need to give up and admit defeat and just go back to roots organic or coco loco

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

just wondering if it was my water how could I have gotten plants lush n green and taller then I am then in flower go to crap 5 weeks later bc of the water

its this damn promix I just need to give up and admit defeat and just go back to roots organic or coco loco
Seems to me like the people I see succeeding in ProMix are the ones that have A LOT of experience over all and have their grow completely dialed in.
Seems like others have a lot of problems with it. Never tried it so I have no idea. Just a thought

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

Seems to me like the people I see succeeding in ProMix are the ones that have A LOT of experience over all and have their grow completely dialed in.
Seems like others have a lot of problems with it. Never tried it so I have no idea. Just a thought

its like growing in hydro no nute all grower control and that I do not have for sure lol

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

its like growing in hydro no nute all grower control and that I do not have for sure lol
Lol. Well I think you do have control. You got it!
I try to stay away from giving advice but I'm gonna this time. Lol.

I believe 100% in having a good plan and sticking to it. Diverting from the plan ONLY in extreme cases which should rarely to never happen

You said it best. Coco is inert and you have complete control over it

Give them everything they need and know that what you are giving them is their complete diet and stick to it. Everything the same every time. Multiple times a day if possible. But the main thing IMO is same same same.

If you see a small problem or spot or weird leaf. Ride it out. Trust that you k ow you are giving the plant everything it needs at the proper ph and ppm and let it work itself out.

In my opinion the second you start chasing deficiencies you're diggin your grave. I notice a lot of people trying to help and although they all mean well they're pulling you every which way.
Pick someone or 2 you trustand listen to them only them
I take advice from someone I trust and If I need advice I go to the same place for it. Never had a real deficiency problem
Go back to coco. Lol. Sorry for the long post and if this has been covered.

Top Bottom