blackout for 3 days end of flower

• Thread starter Doodaa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

i don't know, just assumptions being discussed here and no evidence

Exactly, most of us are just giving our experiences, not claiming facts, at least I'm not. Also, I don't think any of us have access to a lab for accurate testing of THC and other cannabinoids.

I didn't purposely leave the half plant in the dark, I harvested at Easter and had a bunch of family over so I couldn't harvest that last bit so I just left it in the room with my filter/fan so nobody could smell it. I've never believed it would do anything, but it seemed to make a lil difference, IMO.

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

Yes it dose help increase resin production, not so much in the potency!!, potency depends on the strain!, But u half to lower your temperature below 55 degrees in the dark period in order to do so, and u half to be careful when u put them in the dark, u want your medium to be dry or very little moister, cause u can get mold growing by day 3 of the dark period if u leave it moist, U always want your medium dry before u harvest no matter what, I will do 2 days of dark period at 55 to 45 degrees before harvest, been doing it for years :cool:........GM

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

Commercial essential oil producers like lavender farmers that are here in ohio have many tricks that they use to increase resin production the days leading up to harvest, and moreso it causes the present resin heads to bulk up rather then producing more "frostyness" frostyness is a function of strain where as essential oil production is a function of enviroment; so a frosty strain might not always have as much essential oils as one that's less frosty, google that shit if ya wanna read about .......take it easy

ttystikk

ttystikk

Commercial essential oil producers like lavender farmers that are here in ohio have many tricks that they use to increase resin production the days leading up to harvest, and moreso it causes the present resin heads to bulk up rather then producing more "frostyness" frostyness is a function of strain where as essential oil production is a function of enviroment; so a frosty strain might not always have as much essential oils as one that's less frosty, google that shit if ya wanna read about .......take it easy

So tell us some of their tricks?

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

Basically anything that causes an enviromental stress on the plant or makes it think its on the verge of death will increase essential oil production this includes but isn't limited to cannabises SAR response.......take it easy

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

i don't know, just assumptions being discussed here and no evidence
I've personally see the difference but never considered documenting to the point of having to prove my findings and Im taking your statement personal. Others and I have stated our findings and it proves the end of harvest black out worked, for us.

Instead of rolling in here and trolling, offer some info. Calling farmers insights bullshit is flat out trolling.

K

kushsmoker30

i'm no expert on anything period, but i know enough to say that "nobody know everything"

back in the day i used to hang with this nerd cuz we would used him to hang at his house, he was smart n had actually won state awards for chemistry. he was very smart, but like many smart people they "think they r mentally superior to others" around them. dude was a lil older then me i was still a minor, we had found hella weed plants in a orchard it was spring we took some n went hm.

i was telling his dad that i had seen some buds on some plants, SOB that nerd went on rampage on how it was physically impossible 4 a weed plant to have nugs so early in the year dude went on bout how he's earned all these awards n shit n bout how i have no education so i really don't know shit.

my eyes "seen" small buds period!!! we ended up going out there n i showed the SOB nugs, he admitted there were indeed nugs on some of the plant's n stared to explain how this don't normally happen n shit it was some freak of nature type thing according to him. dude had a hard time admitting he fucked up. looking back yea he was smart, but the common sense thing...he didn't have it n he showed it as life swallowed him uuuuup!!!!!! by the mercy of god, i'm still here n have accomplished way more in life then him:)

EL Cerebro if people only did things that we know work for sure n nothing else, how the fuck would we make any advancement's in life...?

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

I've personally see the difference but never considered documenting to the point of having to prove my findings and Im taking your statement personal. Others and I have stated our findings and it proves the end of harvest black out worked, for us.

Instead of rolling in here and trolling, offer some info. Calling farmers insights bullshit is flat out trolling.
yeah i know, it was a lame comment. i didn't mean to say that anecdotal evidence doesn't count, of course it does. it's not like i'm demanding peer-reviewed studies or anything, and yes i know, lots of farmers believe all sorts of things that often or sometimes, maybe/supposedly/definitely work in real life (regardless of my skeptical opinion).

but fucking seriously now, you guys threw down a whole bunch of truth claims and 'facts' above, along with some basic logical fallacies (arguments from authority, by assertion, incredulity, etc). so me calling bullshit is some sort of personal attack against your honor? puh lease.

Ohiofarmer, i enjoyed your links on lavender, one of my other most favorite herbs. is there something in there about harvesting after a dark period? if so i'll re-read it for sure (being the central-scrutinizer that i am).

Woodsmaneh, i gotta ask, where -do- you get all these boldface cut-and-pasties? I mean you start off saying it's folklore(but), and then fire off this gem:
When plants are given an extended period of darkness the plants do not have the daily loss, the daily degradation of THC as it protects the delicate inner glands from UV-B light waves. Plus the plants are in their 'night function mode' where more THC 'particles' are being produced than during the day. So over the 72-hours you have no loss of THC due to light degradation and at the same time you have the 'night function' increased rate of production of THC occurring. The two combine for what can, in some strains, be a significant increase in levels of THC, and a lesser increase in other strains. Like so much in growing it appears to be strain dependent on just how great of an increase there will be, but there will be an increase. It might be so little that it could only be detected using gas chromatography coupled with mass spectroscopy and it might be great enough to knock your socks off.
dude you had me in stitches with that last sentence!

if anyone can actually cite a legit reference on this subject, i'll eat my shat.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I've tried it and to be honest I could not tell if it helped or not. I went three full days, watered with ice water first, the works. If I can't say for sure, then to err on the conservative side I guess that means- at least in my one individual case- no. One Farmer's observation, take it for what it's worth- and to be completely fair, they looked none the worse for the experiment.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Woodsmaneh, i gotta ask, where -do- you get all these boldface cut-and-pasties? I mean you start off saying it's folklore(but), and then fire off this gem: dude you had me in stitches with that last sentence!

if anyone can actually cite a legit reference on this subject, i'll eat my shat.[/quote]

They thought the world was flat at one time, I have learned to keep an open mind when when it comes to learning so I don't just voice my limited opinion without expanding my knowledge first. As for the content of my post's, I do my homework and when you spend hours and hours doing research why not use the technology we have at hand, I also don't want to take credit for others work and most people are smart enough to relies that when they see C&P, it's not original and they can search the original by C&P the beginning into their search engine.

Always happy to make people smile.

This place would be boring if we all agreed,

you could spend some time proving it does not work and add to our dissicusion

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

The only thing I've noticed w 72 hrs of dark is 3 more days maturity. Nothing more nothing less. If you want to save 5% of lighting every run go for it. But outwest hit it on the head, if you're doing shit right, the stuff that actually matters, this shit won't matter nor change a thing. Grow it right dont worry about the gimmicks.
And lavender farmers may have tricks but do they smoke that shit?? No thanks.

Are you guys not pulling frost off of every single possible space on your plants??? If not get some new genetics, its nothing but flame out there right now.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I don't think its about not having enough frost, but some of use are greedy and want more.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

My point exactly.

If your already not rolling in enough frost, you're doing it wrong w the genetics out today.

How can you pack more frost on frost? You can't. Fuckin tricks on stalks and stems nowadays... In the 30s now w bho the highest possible.

It can't get better than 100% lolololol. Most people forget this.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

and btw, by not citing your sources, you indeed -are- taking credit for others work (or bullshit).

on the contrary, when I see unsupported cutandpaste truth statements like that posted to forums, I'm usually smart enough to be suspicious of the source's credibility.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

to participate in fallacious reasoning myself? no thanks. here's your homework:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases

plate of shat is waiting, fork in hand..

Informal fallacy, an argument of ignorance. It has not been proven false or true.

I gave my experience, but what I say I saw could be from the placebo effect because I here about dark periods making such a great difference at least once a week on here and other forums. I've accused many others of the placebo effect, and it could very well happen to me just as easily.

I honestly don't know if its true or not, so I guess nobody will know the truth unless scientific research is done, but I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

Note to viewers of this thread: Take what I/others say with a grain of salt, just like I do with EVERYTHING I read on forums.

Latest posts

Top Bottom