Blood And Bones: Outdoor 2018

• Thread starter justiceman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justiceman

justiceman

Hello everyone! Alright we are entering the flower stage which is everyone's favorite part I'm sure ;) Things are going smoothly.... well unfortunately there was one problem :cry:. A family member wanted to cut some branches off of the tree next to my Farm Cheese and let them fall onto it breaking 2 main branches on her left side. It's a bit heartbreaking because I wanted to see her full yield potential, but fortunately the rest of the plant is doing just fine. Still dumbfounded why I wasn't asked to do the treework myself. Haha oh well it is what it is :p Hope everyone is enjoying the last days of summer. They won't be here much longer.

Afgooey
As expected this girl is flowering FAST. She's much farther along than any of the other plants. Indica's flower fast and finish fast so it makes sense. She might not be huge on the yield department but speed isn't a bad thing either. Hoping for some nice dense flowers. This one will most likely be first to harvest.
85A0C7F8 E55F 417E A651 825AB824D368
604FF100 E80C 4580 BA1B 4701C065B12D

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
This one is coming along very well. 2nd fastest to gear up for flower which makes sense. Both of the Afgooey and this BB#2 in the smaller 2 X 8 bed are heavy leaners on the Indica side. Shorter stocky plants that finish faster. What I do like about this one over the Afgooey is it's bushy structure though.
7E6D8087 5E1E 46B1 903B 4AE801A52CD0
F6763D16 8BF2 4D7A A9E7 4F03F7068393

Farm Cheese
It's getting hard to capture just the Farm Cheese. She's on the left. Just tall as hell!
B836F715 EE53 4811 8290 6FA3414D57C7

Here you can see how she's missing her left side :cry:. She's had a lean to the right since day 1. I'm afraid that she might lean too much when flower set is at it's peak. I was thinking the branches on the left would help distribute weight but now that they are gone I might tie a rope around the middle of the base and attach it to the tree to help pull her back left for support.
6EF5BD83 95E9 4504 B02F DC327A05EEC8

2 big ones ugh. It's okay I'm okay guys :cry:
0061FD52 17F6 4082 ACE5 91E5F1E87A0B

Interesting. I can tell that she's gearing up to flower but isn't nearly as far along as the 2 indica dominant plants. Not really sure about the Cheese background. I think Skunk #1 and some type of Afghani hybrid. So far she seems to have more sativa characteristics since she's taller and seems to have a much longer flower set time. Of course this could be because the bottom 2 get a bit more shade at the end of the day.
E3BA925B 4219 4FB4 819F CB2790E322B8

Outlaw
This one is probably my favorite in terms of looks right now. She's just so pretty and uniform. What I like best is while she is fairly tall she's not quite as lanky as the Farm Cheese and she's packed full with flower sites.
E0F5A78B AB13 46E8 98CA 3254414B2A72

Same thing as the Farm Cheese. I can tell she's getting ready to flower but is not nearly as far along as the two indica dominant strains. Definitely makes sense because this one is supposed to be heavy sativa. We'll see.
4F3EF86C 51BE 48A7 BB75 D01190A65DC6

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Hello everyone! Alright we are entering the flower stage which is everyone's favorite part I'm sure ;) Things are going smoothly.... well unfortunately there was one problem :cry:. A family member wanted to cut some branches off of the tree next to my Farm Cheese and let them fall onto it breaking 2 main branches on her left side. It's a bit heartbreaking because I wanted to see her full yield potential, but fortunately the rest of the plant is doing just fine. Still dumbfounded why I wasn't asked to do the treework myself. Haha oh well it is what it is :p Hope everyone is enjoying the last days of summer. They won't be here much longer.

Afgooey
As expected this girl is flowering FAST. She's much farther along than any of the other plants. Indica's flower fast and finish fast so it makes sense. She might not be huge on the yield department but speed isn't a bad thing either. Hoping for some nice dense flowers. This one will most likely be first to harvest.
View attachment 823569 View attachment 823572

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
This one is coming along very well. 2nd fastest to gear up for flower which makes sense. Both of the Afgooey and this BB#2 in the smaller 2 X 8 bed are heavy leaners on the Indica side. Shorter stocky plants that finish faster. What I do like about this one over the Afgooey is it's bushy structure though.
View attachment 823570 View attachment 823573

Farm Cheese
It's getting hard to capture just the Farm Cheese. She's on the left. Just tall as hell!
View attachment 823571

Here you can see how she's missing her left side :cry:. She's had a lean to the right since day 1. I'm afraid that she might lean too much when flower set is at it's peak. I was thinking the branches on the left would help distribute weight but now that they are gone I might tie a rope around the middle of the base and attach it to the tree to help pull her back left for support.
View attachment 823577

View attachment 823578

Interesting. I can tell that she's gearing up to flower but isn't nearly as far along as the 2 indica dominant plants. Not really sure about the Cheese background. I think Skunk #1 and some type of Afghani hybrid. So far she seems to have more sativa characteristics since she's taller and seems to have a much longer flower set time. Of course this could be because the bottom 2 get a bit more shade at the end of the day.View attachment 823574

Outlaw
This one is probably my favorite in terms of looks right now. She's just so pretty and uniform. What I like best is while she is fairly tall she's not quite as lanky as the Farm Cheese and she's packed full with flower sites.
View attachment 823576

Same thing as the Farm Cheese. I can tell she's getting ready to flower but is not nearly as far along as the two indica dominant strains. Definitely makes sense because this one is supposed to be heavy sativa. We'll see. View attachment 823575

RE: The Big Cheese...

Get a rope! It's a good day for a hangin!

Actually, that family member may have done you a favor. When cannabis is damaged it produces a higher concentration of THC (The reason for LST & Super Cropping apart from limiting it's sise. Remember, we like to get high but animals generally do not. That's why they're deer resistant.)

I would think that the Cheese is a more Indica dominant plant since it's a triple x Skunk#1, though Sativa traits may have been cultivated through selective breeding.
Screenshot 20180817 122711 Chrome

WhtChocolate

WhtChocolate

Afgooey
View attachment 823569 View attachment 823572

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
View attachment 823570 View attachment 823573

Farm Cheese
View attachment 823571

View attachment 823577

View attachment 823578

Interesting. I can tell that she's gearing up to flower but isn't nearly as far along as the 2 indica dominant plants. Not really sure about the Cheese background. I think Skunk #1 and some type of Afghani hybrid. So far she seems to have more sativa characteristics since she's taller and seems to have a much longer flower set time. Of course this could be because the bottom 2 get a bit more shade at the end of the day.View attachment 823574

Outlaw
View attachment 823576

Same thing as the Farm Cheese. I can tell she's getting ready to flower but is not nearly as far along as the two indica dominant strains. Definitely makes sense because this one is supposed to be heavy sativa. We'll see. View attachment 823575

Looking great Jman! Love to see the outdoor progression pics!! How long do you think the Afgooey will flower?

justiceman

justiceman

RE: The Big Cheese...

Get a rope! It's a good day for a hangin!

Actually, that family member may have done you a favor. When cannabis is damaged it produces a higher concentration of THC (The reason for LST & Super Cropping apart from limiting it's sise. Remember, we like to get high but animals generally do not. That's why they're deer resistant.)

I would think that the Cheese is a more Indica dominant plant since it's a triple x Skunk#1, though Sativa traits may have been cultivated through selective breeding.
View attachment 823601
hahahaha! Well if it ends up causing a stronger smoke I definitely won't be complaining then. Good find on the lineage! Pretty simple background actually. I'm still wondering why it got so tall. Maybe some sativa characteristics coming through on this particular phenotype? Too bad I didn't pop a few of them to see if they were all similar. I'm trying to get better at judging and knowing these things. Lineage/straing knowledge and identifying certain growth characteristics are definitely one of my weakest links.
Looking great Jman! Love to see the outdoor progression pics!! How long do you think the Afgooey will flower?
Thank you! Much appreciated and I'm happy you are enjoying it. I'm not quite sure when the Afgooey will finish but If I had to guess it would be late October. I'm thinking the others will probably ride into September, but we'll see.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

hahahaha! Well if it ends up causing a stronger smoke I definitely won't be complaining then. Good find on the lineage! Pretty simple background actually. I'm still wondering why it got so tall. Maybe some sativa characteristics coming through on this particular phenotype? Too bad I didn't pop a few of them to see if they were all similar. I'm trying to get better at judging and knowing these things. Lineage/straing knowledge and identifying certain growth characteristics are definitely one of my weakest links.

Thank you! Much appreciated and I'm happy you are enjoying it. I'm not quite sure when the Afgooey will finish but If I had to guess it would be late October. I'm thinking the others will probably ride into September, but we'll see.

Skunk is a family I'm somewhat familiar with, being that it was a local favorite here where I spent a lot of time growing up. I've seen them achieve a massive sise so it doesn't surprise me. What I didn't know was that Cheese is a Skunk cut. If you want lineage just look up the name and add "strain". I learned that when I was researching my Orange Creamsicle. Weed was not in the top results until I added "strain". Leafly is my go to for strain info. If lineage is uncertain they say that as well and give their best estimate.

Yeah, I'm betting that Cheese will be chronic. If you grow it again you might have to abuse it to achieve similar results.

justiceman

justiceman

Hello everyone :smoking:

The temps are dropping a lot more at night. Summer is coming to an end soon but I'm happy about the flower period and of course harvest time is just around the corner! So far so good. The bottom bed seems to be a bit low on N. Not alarmingly so but enough to where I feel they need a bit of supplementation. My plan to is to add a top dressing of a bit of high N bat guano and some high P bat guano. I'll scratch it into the surface a bit and water it thoroughly. We'll see how things ride out from there. The Large bed is doing just fine on nutrients. Most likely because the bed has 2x the amount of soil and food :D

Afgooey
She's looking great. She's been a very consist slow grower but with no issues. Definitely starting some nice flower sets right now. I'm predicting a nice sized main cola from her.
8D9706EB 670B 441C 9A7C 7789ADB97D2C

Nice cute little top.
701E0FB3 69BB 430D 9C20 2130552E82D2

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
This one is looking to yield pretty good for how compact she is. I'm really looking forward to seeing what she can do. The lighting on these pictures of the front bed make them seem a bit more yellow than they really are. Bad exposure on my part.
8EAAA30A 7707 4748 BEA1 8BF0E5960850

she also has a nice top going
E9C03A48 3F77 4809 9DC6 1102751AA838

Farm Cheese
She's finally starting to flower haha! I have no idea how large this baby is going to get. I'm estimating she's about 7.5 to 8ft tall right now
84219BED DEB1 4A34 8599 6EB58D084D46

This one sure took her time. Let's go already:cool:
267F4BDF B6E3 4313 9895 904E6344A27F

Outlaw
This one is about perfect in its shape IMO. Large but not as lanky as the Farm Cheese. Very uniform. I know I keep saying this but I can't wait to see what all the flowers look like. These last two have been holding out.
11E4C330 3020 4238 8D57 34B4D46A1523

Finally showing some flower action. Let's keep it moving ladies.
91F8E7CF 7622 4558 B950 7862474F581B

justiceman

justiceman

Just layed down some High N and High P bat guano in the small bed. Scratched it into the surface as evenly as I could and then watered it in. Hope everone’s having a fine day!

Here’s the guano I’ve had laying around for a while.
FA5AA27A 481E 4B96 B0AF A189A4B8A4CE

Family shots
7C0461B1 5B06 4EC6 93EA EC60DA41B15F
38FC74F9 35F4 406F B0F9 DA07669F77AA

Got one extra picture of the Outlaw because she’s looking particularly beautiful today.
66F01C4E 8B8E 42E4 86BC 4C5D18833412

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Just layed down some High N and High P bat guano in the small bed. Scratched it into the surface as evenly as I could and then watered it in. Hope everone’s having a fine day!

Here’s the guano I’ve had laying around for a while.
View attachment 825086

Family shots
View attachment 825087 View attachment 825088

Got one extra picture of the Outlaw because she’s looking particularly beautiful today.
View attachment 825089
hell ya they getting there,has that heavy sativa started flowering,chesse i think it was,im going to have to check out that h p bat gauno,never seen it packaged like that,im big time surplus on nitrogen,my p is just a tad low compared to others,im at ideal but like to go a little higher for later in grow if you dig and i can top scratch that in,just got enough egg shells to burn together today to make some calcium phosphate,couldnt get hold of bones to burn and honestly there pretty hard to burn and very unpleasant to smell hahahahah,especialy when you put that vinegar in there lmao

justiceman

justiceman

hell ya they getting there,has that heavy sativa started flowering,chesse i think it was,im going to have to check out that h p bat gauno,never seen it packaged like that,im big time surplus on nitrogen,my p is just a tad low compared to others,im at ideal but like to go a little higher for later in grow if you dig and i can top scratch that in,just got enough egg shells to burn together today to make some calcium phosphate,couldnt get hold of bones to burn and honestly there pretty hard to burn and very unpleasant to smell hahahahah,especialy when you put that vinegar in there lmao
Man the 2 in the 4x8 bed are much slower to flower. They are just starting to get going now but if all goes well it looks like they are going to yield pretty high :smoking:. Yup I hear you on the P. I love scratching in guano. I'm gonna hit the big 4x8 with a bit of the P as well today and I'll leave the N guano out as I think they are doing fine on N.

I've seen a few things about making calcium phosphate. Basically a mix of burned/roasted eggshells and bones together with vinegar and then strain into a jar right? I'm wondering what the general application rate for a garden is with that stuff. Of course that would depend on the ratio of shells/bones, to vinegar? I'm assuming it's hard to go overboard with it. I'm trying to imagine the smell. I should just make some and see for myself hahahaha.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Man the 2 in the 4x8 bed are much slower to flower. They are just starting to get going now but if all goes well it looks like they are going to yield pretty high :smoking:. Yup I hear you on the P. I love scratching in guano. I'm gonna hit the big 4x8 with a bit of the P as well today and I'll leave the N guano out as I think they are doing fine on N.

I've seen a few things about making calcium phosphate. Basically a mix of burned/roasted eggshells and bones together with vinegar and then strain into a jar right? I'm wondering what the general application rate for a garden is with that stuff. Of course that would depend on the ratio of shells/bones, to vinegar? I'm assuming it's hard to go overboard with it. I'm trying to imagine the smell. I should just make some and see for myself hahahaha.
ya im using a gallon of apple cider vinegar,so return should be that much,put the charred shells in a bottle bucket what ever you want to use,shells first then add vinegar slowly,it will start to bubble,after about 2 weeks tap container your usinf,if no bubbles come to surface it done bro,depending on weather is how long it takes,my state probally about 10 days hot as hell,im still fermenting all my KNF STUFF,the knf recipe calls for 4 ml per gallon,but this is also 1 of 8 items to use there is a just soil feed,nothing there for amino acid fish,calcium phosphate,calcium,but then you have from seed,leaf,flower ,fruit,they all call for difrences at stage of growth,you even use sea water in the recipe.
but i like to switch things up to see what works best for me,i have the big garden,were my soil is perfect layers,blood and bone meal,decayed granite and several gaunos,mama garden same but i will practice the KNF recipe there along with my magic flower in tent if you dig,the big garden only gets feed about e very month,i want to push it to the limit this coming winter crop to get maximum yield,living in hurricane alley you can never be sure,last year hurricane harvey hit had plenty of folk without power some for months,so generator and canned goods is the ticket,i even got wise when i lived around houston about 15 yr ago and when i bought my generator i got a propane gen,not usally lines to get the propane,i had a motor home with 60 gal tank,i would take down as soon as one entered the gulf and filled that bitch with gas and would just sifphon the gas i need ,this year spring garden filled about 1/2 or racks ,so stocking time hahaha.
your garden looks great bro,i figure them big girls take longer from the sativa,hope you got plenty of time before it get to cold,might even think about a make shift green house you can just weight to the ground and move as you please,here is ideal,it might get 30 1 night and be in 90s same day,but the frezze is what gets um if you dig,nothing fancy needed,something easy is hahaha,i breed a strain last year and i just couldnt do nothing to protect from the storm,rolled in 65 mph winds for almost 12 hrs,all it did is dust them girls even more,hahahah afterwards the stud had a def bend from wind but still stood proud over them girls,only thing i could think was a true daddy protecting the ladies hahahahh

justiceman

justiceman

ya im using a gallon of apple cider vinegar,so return should be that much,put the charred shells in a bottle bucket what ever you want to use,shells first then add vinegar slowly,it will start to bubble,after about 2 weeks tap container your usinf,if no bubbles come to surface it done bro,depending on weather is how long it takes,my state probally about 10 days hot as hell,im still fermenting all my KNF STUFF,the knf recipe calls for 4 ml per gallon,but this is also 1 of 8 items to use there is a just soil feed,nothing there for amino acid fish,calcium phosphate,calcium,but then you have from seed,leaf,flower ,fruit,they all call for difrences at stage of growth,you even use sea water in the recipe.
but i like to switch things up to see what works best for me,i have the big garden,were my soil is perfect layers,blood and bone meal,decayed granite and several gaunos,mama garden same but i will practice the KNF recipe there along with my magic flower in tent if you dig,the big garden only gets feed about e very month,i want to push it to the limit this coming winter crop to get maximum yield,living in hurricane alley you can never be sure,last year hurricane harvey hit had plenty of folk without power some for months,so generator and canned goods is the ticket,i even got wise when i lived around houston about 15 yr ago and when i bought my generator i got a propane gen,not usally lines to get the propane,i had a motor home with 60 gal tank,i would take down as soon as one entered the gulf and filled that bitch with gas and would just sifphon the gas i need ,this year spring garden filled about 1/2 or racks ,so stocking time hahaha.
your garden looks great bro,i figure them big girls take longer from the sativa,hope you got plenty of time before it get to cold,might even think about a make shift green house you can just weight to the ground and move as you please,here is ideal,it might get 30 1 night and be in 90s same day,but the frezze is what gets um if you dig,nothing fancy needed,something easy is hahaha,i breed a strain last year and i just couldnt do nothing to protect from the storm,rolled in 65 mph winds for almost 12 hrs,all it did is dust them girls even more,hahahah afterwards the stud had a def bend from wind but still stood proud over them girls,only thing i could think was a true daddy protecting the ladies hahahahh
As always thank you for the breakdown! I'm learning a lot of the details from you on these farming practices. Here's to hoping you get a high yield this winter and won't have to use the generator but I love how prepared you are. Ready for anything and rightfully so.

I think the heavy indica's will finish in time before it gets too cold, but I'm unsure of the taller slower ones. I'll definitely have to keep an eye out and rig something up if necessary. The cold is for sure the deal breaker. hahahahaha! Love that story about the stud protecting the ladies. Speaking of a bend I need to rope up the farm cheese soon. She's starting to lean to one side a little bit and doesn't even have flowers yet haha.

—————————————

Greetings everyone! May the smoke be thick and heavy for you all. So far so good. Currently in the high 70's and low 80's recently. The girls are loving it. I have not yet laid any guano down in the big bed but soon I will. They are doing just fine on nutrition in the big bed. The small bed seems to be greening up just a tad bit. Man that high N guano works fast, or maybe my eyes deceive me haha.

Afgooey
She is entering the full flower stage. Even producing a bit of sugar already.
FE626D93 EE9F 4F79 B210 C20E13E2728B
B12B973F A43E 4A82 B024 0F3B610771F5

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
This one is also entering the full flower stage. Not as much sugar quite yet, but the flower structure looks promising.
86591A63 1486 42CF BC0D 5DD80EABC6D9
E3F4E27B DDF1 4AA7 8C64 09528F39B185

Farm Cheese
So tall. When will she stop I don't know haha. She's really taking her time to get going, but looks like she will be entering the full flower soon.
50C63DE3 B442 4775 8C15 7FDCA27ADD2A
01D6737E 218F 479A 80EE E85169E1DF61

Outlaw
She's a looker now. I just love this structure. A little bit further along than the Farm Cheese but not by too much. If i had to guess this plant will be 2nd to last to harvest. Farm Cheese being dead last haha.
4B64CED4 4FF5 4882 9372 21C9A9533C24
55EDFE7C E3E0 451C A849 4417BBD2D5B4

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

As always thank you for the breakdown! I'm learning a lot of the details from you on these farming practices. Here's to hoping you get a high yield this winter and won't have to use the generator but I love how prepared you are. Ready for anything and rightfully so.

I think the heavy indica's will finish in time before it gets too cold, but I'm unsure of the taller slower ones. I'll definitely have to keep an eye out and rig something up if necessary. The cold is for sure the deal breaker. hahahahaha! Love that story about the stud protecting the ladies. Speaking of a bend I need to rope up the farm cheese soon. She's starting to lean to one side a little bit and doesn't even have flowers yet haha.

—————————————

Greetings everyone! May the smoke be thick and heavy for you all. So far so good. Currently in the high 70's and low 80's recently. The girls are loving it. I have not yet laid any guano down in the big bed but soon I will. They are doing just fine on nutrition in the big bed. The small bed seems to be greening up just a tad bit. Man that high N guano works fast, or maybe my eyes deceive me haha.

Afgooey
View attachment 825576 View attachment 825580

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
This one is also entering the full flower stage. Not as much sugar quite yet, but the flower structure looks promising.
View attachment 825577 View attachment 825581

Farm Cheese
So tall. When will she stop I don't know haha. She's really taking her time to get going, but looks like she will be entering the full flower soon.
View attachment 825578View attachment 825587

Outlaw
She's a looker now. I just love this structure. A little bit further along than the Farm Cheese but not by too much. If i had to guess this plant will be 2nd to last to harvest. Farm Cheese being dead last haha.
View attachment 825579 View attachment 825582
i gotta say this much ,these are the best looking outdoor plants ive seen in a while,great work bro,i think you be alright on the 2 you mentioned,sometimes that cool weather brings out the best in them,70's and 80's ha i wish,that usally are winter,then a blast of cold will come in for a couple hours,hahahah had 1 frezze last season,burned my potato plants,by 11 am it was 75 that day,crazy shit and bugs like this part of the world hahahah

justiceman

justiceman

i gotta say this much ,these are the best looking outdoor plants ive seen in a while,great work bro,i think you be alright on the 2 you mentioned,sometimes that cool weather brings out the best in them,70's and 80's ha i wish,that usally are winter,then a blast of cold will come in for a couple hours,hahahah had 1 frezze last season,burned my potato plants,by 11 am it was 75 that day,crazy shit and bugs like this part of the world hahahah
Thank you for the props! I'm super happy with how they are looking this season:). hahaha ya it can get a little bit cold here but not that cold. What a gnarly temperature swing. I bet the bugs love it once things start warming up during the day :cry:

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Thank you for the props! I'm super happy with how they are looking this season:). hahaha ya it can get a little bit cold here but not that cold. What a gnarly temperature swing. I bet the bugs love it once things start warming up during the day :cry:
they do and the main reason for all the mosquito problems down here by the border

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

—————————————

Afgooey
View attachment 825576 View attachment 825580

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
View attachment 825577 View attachment 825581

Farm Cheese
View attachment 825578View attachment 825587

Outlaw
View attachment 825579 View attachment 825582

Out-f^ckin-standing, dude. You're nailing It!

Yup, that high N & P guano has a fantastic solubility for something so hot. I bet that high P cost you an arm&leg. I've never seen it with that pretty Roots labeling before either. That some designer sh*t, lol.

I agree with oldskol, your plants are some of the healthiest unblemished outdoor I've seen. Do you even have pests where you live? Hahaha. Your growth rates are phenominal with great leaf color. Their iternodal spacing is about as perfect as it's going to get, tight but not to the point of looking potassium or phosphorus deficient, and flowers are full of vibrant white stigmas.

I still wonder my Idunnoes and your Cheese might be related. The Noes flowering has only just begun, while my Creamsicle already has heavy fat colas.

Have to say, I'm just a little bit jealous. In an inspired, not unhealthy, way.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I feel ya on the disaster preparedness. After being stationed in TX and NE during some of the worst tornado seasons in the last century and dealing with all the massive fires here in Cali, I've made it my mission to be prepared to go off grid for a month or more at a time. I have six 20lb propane tanks and more than a dozen 1lb that I fill off the 20s and enough solar to keep my smaller electronics, lights, fridge, and cellular router going indefinitely. Still need to add a few more panels, another 100ah battery, and larger MPPT charge controller, but what I have now will due in a pinch. I do need to set up some better water storage though. I was also a physical PM broker for almost a decade and dealing with all the borderline crazy Libertarian customers with an "end of the world", or at least "end of the dollar", stockpile mentality. I couldn't help but see they had some valid points and figured there's no harm in adopting a more prepared way of thinking and living. The world hasn't crumbled into chaos yet but I have been pretty comfortable through some nasty snow and big fires.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I feel ya on the disaster preparedness. After being stationed in TX and NE during some of the worst tornado seasons in the last century and dealing with all the massive fires here in Cali, I've made it my mission to be prepared to go off grid for a month or more at a time. I have six 20lb propane tanks and more than a dozen 1lb that I fill off the 20s and enough solar to keep my smaller electronics, lights, fridge, and cellular router going indefinitely. Still need to add a few more panels, another 100ah battery, and larger MPPT charge controller, but what I have now will due in a pinch. I do need to set up some better water storage though. I was also a physical PM broker for almost a decade and dealing with all the borderline crazy Libertarian customers with an "end of the world", or at least "end of the dollar", stockpile mentality. I couldn't help but see they had some valid points and figured there's no harm in adopting a more prepared way of thinking and living. The world hasn't crumbled into chaos yet but I have been pretty comfortable through some nasty snow and big fires.
see that something i been trying to acheive for quite some time,we can enough for 2 months,cant depend on fema for shit,then when you do pay back hell,had a toranado in 2010 took just about everything i owned,havent ever recovered either,but got a taste of fema and decided i do better on my own,been looking for a old time distributor for my old 83 pickup one with points,a emp dont effect points,my suzuki samurai also,i just bought a 275 gal ibc tote couple months ago to water my big garden with,if storm pop up or predicted all i got to do is clean it out and store the water,ive been real big on generator since the twister took my shit,but havent been quite enough,i really looked into solar panels back then and need to again ,but they dont give them things away either,ive asked numerous times to my friends that own them and never really got a reasonable answer,what protection do they have for hail?cause buddy soft ball size hail is normal down by the border,all in all not really a frantic pepper so to speak i been doing this for years,we have 2 grown boys ,daughter in law ,grand baby and me and mama,i grow for all of us ,and 2 months worth is the magic number,sweet taters and reg taters ,onions and such are never washed and stored in cool spot,so water and electric is only the failure to keep for emergency,generator run ac ,frezzer and fridge,but solar power would be a big investment that would have return,just footing the up front cost if you dig

justiceman

justiceman

Out-f^ckin-standing, dude. You're nailing It!

Yup, that high N & P guano has a fantastic solubility for something so hot. I bet that high P cost you an arm&leg. I've never seen it with that pretty Roots labeling before either. That some designer sh*t, lol.

I agree with oldskol, your plants are some of the healthiest unblemished outdoor I've seen. Do you even have pests where you live? Hahaha. Your growth rates are phenominal with great leaf color. Their iternodal spacing is about as perfect as it's going to get, tight but not to the point of looking potassium or phosphorus deficient, and flowers are full of vibrant white stigmas.

I still wonder my Idunnoes and your Cheese might be related. The Noes flowering has only just begun, while my Creamsicle already has heavy fat colas.

Have to say, I'm just a little bit jealous. In an inspired, not unhealthy, way.
I appreciate the words so much! Ya man I'm super happy with how things are going. The P guano wasn't so bad. At the time I got it for $8 for 3lb, but man that High N guano is what got me. I think it was about $30 for 3 lb.... Super costly. That's why I like to use it as just a top off for nutrition instead of in the main mix. Blood and Bone meal do just fine for me and are much more affordable/attainable but of course they take longer to break down.

I do have pests around here, but not too many fortunately. I mainly run into thrips during veg. I had a small amount of them on the very bottoms of the plants a while ago and decided to monitor before spraying any neem oil. They just never got out of control so I left em be and didn't spray. I think the lady bugs, and spiders that live on my plants are keeping them in check. What I worry about most is the moths who can lay eggs on the plants. They hatch into caterpillars and eat the damn buds away. One year it was absolutely devastating. Hoping to have very little of them this year. Now's about the time when I really need to start watching for them.

I'll admit I was a little bit nervous going full into organics after growing inside in just coco for so long. I thought to myself "Do I really remember everything I used to know about this?" but after a little bit of a review and honestly a ton of inspiration from you and @oldskol4evr I came to find I did not forget a thing :D. It's a pleasure to have you guys around here!

My cheese also has just begun to flower so that's another point that may lead to the Idunnoes being related in some way. I'm definitely looking forward to comparing the flower formations on the two. The jealousy goes both ways :cool:. I love how monstrous all your plants are. It's very impressive!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

got to say your garden has pumped me,been working my ass to a nub trying to get every thing ready for a winter harvest outside,hahahh,got the top garden ready and planted most today,potato be in middle of the month,big garden all boxs are still being layer check and ph testing with npk down there,pumped hahahh,cant wait for weather to cool were this damn tent will stop hounding me,got a good bushy bitch ready to go in when flowers come out,but need at least 80 degree days,my stuff is almost smoking from the lights ,hey thats my job hahaah,what sucks and no bright side,is passed out last friday,went to er and found out i got a damn hernia then in middle testing that found that arteries in my neck arent great shape either causing dizziness,so here i am wishing for at least a few cooler days to finish bottom garden,i be able to plant and water ,but heavy work be out of question with gut split open,dont care still pumped and almost ready to roll,hahahha,i decided to use some decayed granite for my minerals this round see how it goes,but im like you keep simple with the blood and bones,never lets me down,only problem i have ever had in garden is with tomato and squash plants,damn blossom end rot,so put bunch of crushed egg and oyster shell in ,50 lb bag at feed store 14 bucks,that take care of calcium for the tomato plants,but here in the south near border,we get what is called a squash vine boer worm,a wasp stings base of plant at soil level and injects the parisite,within a week them damn things be 1in long,we planted in feb this year and got some good fruit,tried another round and the worm got us,so weather is the key on them,over your way i belive all you get is squash bugs,just as bad or even worse because they sting your ass,hahahh,anyway friends both your gardens are on the tops,maybe one day i will be able to grow outside with out worry of choppers and shit,got a new neighbor and he clearing fence line which wiped out my outdoors for this year,but the tent still rolling ,all good,good hearing from you two

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

see that something i been trying to acheive for quite some time,we can enough for 2 months,cant depend on fema for shit,then when you do pay back hell,had a toranado in 2010 took just about everything i owned,havent ever recovered either,but got a taste of fema and decided i do better on my own,been looking for a old time distributor for my old 83 pickup one with points,a emp dont effect points,my suzuki samurai also,i just bought a 275 gal ibc tote couple months ago to water my big garden with,if storm pop up or predicted all i got to do is clean it out and store the water,ive been real big on generator since the twister took my shit,but havent been quite enough,i really looked into solar panels back then and need to again ,but they dont give them things away either,ive asked numerous times to my friends that own them and never really got a reasonable answer,what protection do they have for hail?cause buddy soft ball size hail is normal down by the border,all in all not really a frantic pepper so to speak i been doing this for years,we have 2 grown boys ,daughter in law ,grand baby and me and mama,i grow for all of us ,and 2 months worth is the magic number,sweet taters and reg taters ,onions and such are never washed and stored in cool spot,so water and electric is only the failure to keep for emergency,generator run ac ,frezzer and fridge,but solar power would be a big investment that would have return,just footing the up front cost if you dig

I think there are plastic covers for the panels. Maybe the right skylight covers will work. I'll have to look into it. Oh, I remember the hail. My poor '78 TBird and '79 Honda Civic looked like someone had taken a ball pein hammer to them.

If you need help with the solar parts lists go ahead and PM me. I don't have mine together yet but I understand it all and have read enough that I have a decent grasp on what is needed to fulfill specific power requirements. I also have an electronics background, though it's been a while. I can try to scare up my notes once I finally get my sh*t unpacked. I had to focus on buying my truck and 5th wheel, moving, then getting them up to snuff, so I took a break from my solar project for a bit and all my stuff is still scattered in boxes. Put around $9k into my truck and trailer and that tapped my savings. Then my sales guy ripped me off for a few grand and didn't have enough product left to establish new contacts to make up for the ones he walked away with. Haven't recovered from all that yet so my solar system and garden have suffered. Feels like I'm pluggin 30 leaks with 10 fingers. The hydro guys should be able to get me back into the game after this harvest. What was left of my little co-op still brings me in a couple hundies a month but that's just grocery money compared to several $K mo last year.

I appreciate the words so much! Ya man I'm super happy with how things are going. The P guano wasn't so bad. At the time I got it for $8 for 3lb, but man that High N guano is what got me. I think it was about $30 for 3 lb.... Super costly. That's why I like to use it as just a top off for nutrition instead of in the main mix. Blood and Bone meal do just fine for me and are much more affordable/attainable but of course they take longer to break down.

I do have pests around here, but not too many fortunately. I mainly run into thrips during veg. I had a small amount of them on the very bottoms of the plants a while ago and decided to monitor before spraying any neem oil. They just never got out of control so I left em be and didn't spray. I think the lady bugs, and spiders that live on my plants are keeping them in check. What I worry about most is the moths who can lay eggs on the plants. They hatch into caterpillars and eat the damn buds away. One year it was absolutely devastating. Hoping to have very little of them this year. Now's about the time when I really need to start watching for them.

I'll admit I was a little bit nervous going full into organics after growing inside in just coco for so long. I thought to myself "Do I really remember everything I used to know about this?" but after a little bit of a review and honestly a ton of inspiration from you and @oldskol4evr I came to find I did not forget a thing :D. It's a pleasure to have you guys around here!

My cheese also has just begun to flower so that's another point that may lead to the Idunnoes being related in some way. I'm definitely looking forward to comparing the flower formations on the two. The jealousy goes both ways :cool:. I love how monstrous all your plants are. It's very impressive!

Thanks again brother. Iron sharpens iron.

I think my high N guano was $45 for 3lbs. It's the low nitrogen stuff for bloom that I heard was crazy expensive because it's only in limited quantities. It took hundreds of years or more for it to naturally cool down in the caves and the world has only more recently started to conserve and protect it for the future.

The thrips are there and do some decent damage but that mite "venom" is what takes the biggest toll.

got to say your garden has pumped me,been working my ass to a nub trying to get every thing ready for a winter harvest outside,hahahh,got the top garden ready and planted most today,potato be in middle of the month,big garden all boxs are still being layer check and ph testing with npk down there,pumped hahahh,cant wait for weather to cool were this damn tent will stop hounding me,got a good bushy bitch ready to go in when flowers come out,but need at least 80 degree days,my stuff is almost smoking from the lights ,hey thats my job hahaah,what sucks and no bright side,is passed out last friday,went to er and found out i got a damn hernia then in middle testing that found that arteries in my neck arent great shape either causing dizziness,so here i am wishing for at least a few cooler days to finish bottom garden,i be able to plant and water ,but heavy work be out of question with gut split open,dont care still pumped and almost ready to roll,hahahha,i decided to use some decayed granite for my minerals this round see how it goes,but im like you keep simple with the blood and bones,never lets me down,only problem i have ever had in garden is with tomato and squash plants,damn blossom end rot,so put bunch of crushed egg and oyster shell in ,50 lb bag at feed store 14 bucks,that take care of calcium for the tomato plants,but here in the south near border,we get what is called a squash vine boer worm,a wasp stings base of plant at soil level and injects the parisite,within a week them damn things be 1in long,we planted in feb this year and got some good fruit,tried another round and the worm got us,so weather is the key on them,over your way i belive all you get is squash bugs,just as bad or even worse because they sting your ass,hahahh,anyway friends both your gardens are on the tops,maybe one day i will be able to grow outside with out worry of choppers and shit,got a new neighbor and he clearing fence line which wiped out my outdoors for this year,but the tent still rolling ,all good,good hearing from you two

Thanks man, and sorry to hear about that hernia. Having something wrong in the abdominal area is especially disabilitating. I hope you can get back to the outdoor garden again soon too. I can really sympathise how it is to be physically beat down. Between my hip replacements, fused ankles, nerve damage, RSDS, arthritis, and whatever is destroying my guts, I'm mildly f^cked, lol. Then the RSDS and meds have my critical thinking and memory burnt. It takes me a long time and and a lot of opiates to get things done.

I'll be happy when everything is dialed and my mind is quiet enough for me to sit down and really soak up all that chem and microbe type stuff your throwin out there. I'm smart enough, just have trouble settlin my mind nowadays.

Top Bottom