Blood And Bones: Outdoor 2018

• Thread starter justiceman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DismalDude

DismalDude

Looking great @justiceman ! I'm loving the looks of that Blueberry Gum! I'm a fan of anything blueberry and looking around to maybe find one for my stable.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Man coming onto my thread and posting your grow log update. You have committed some serious crimes :mad:. Prepare to be banned! hahaha just kidding. I love the second to last picture. They are looking great :smoking:

I've been sick for a few days and pretty out of it. I wish it was because I was stoned.

Haven't even been able to concentrate enough to post on my thread. Figured it'd be easier over here. Haha

justiceman

justiceman

Greeting everyone! I meant to do some flower shots this morning but I’m a bit busy. I’ll try and get to it tomorrow. Until then Farm Cheese says Hi :cool: Also no worries Junk! I’ll just leave the post up they are nice pictures after all. Hopefully you are feeling better soon.

3FC29711 7251 4041 8F70 54A06CE8236A

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Greeting everyone! I meant to do some flower shots this morning but I’m a bit busy. I’ll try and get to it tomorrow. Until then Farm Cheese says Hi :cool: Also no worries Junk! I’ll just leave the post up they are nice pictures after all. Hopefully you are feeling better soon.

View attachment 832479

Wow!

Thanks. Yeah, I'm glad I didn't do one of my normal 18-20 pic posts. Hehe

justiceman

justiceman

Whats up everyone! I’ve got some flower shots for you. The outlaw is annoyingly tall so it’s hard to get the top flowers into the picture so bear with me. Maybe I'll get the step stool or ladder out next time. Everything is going well. The plants overall are lightening up quite a bit now, so I can see where a little bit more dry food mixed into the beds would have helped, but overall I'm very happy with how things are going considering water only and one addition of high P and high N guano scratched into the surface. Flower production is coming along nicely.

Afgooey
She's starting to swell up a bit. Doesn't look like there will be a whole lot more calyx growth from her but we shall see. Very nice unique smell. If you know afgooey you know what I mean. The only thing I do not like about this one is the calyx to leaf ratio. It's going to be annoying trimming this one up haha, but fortunately she is the smallest of the 4.
F92C3833 7D9B 4572 9017 68BA9E8A8EB0

Blueberry Gum #2
This one is looking nice and she's got a very intoxicating blueberry smell. She seems to be slowing down a bit like the Afgooey. I think they have entered the midde/late stages of flower. Just swelling things up and getting everything mature. I'm really happy that they are much faster finishers than the plants in the big bed. Staggering the harvest will really help out with the workload.
1E5D53A6 BF03 4CB3 8201 43072AFF2D9D

Farm Cheese
It's hard to get a good picture of the flowers on this one. All the best ones are up so high that I can't reach them normally. She's doing well though. Kind of skunky and fruity. Isn't showing any signs of slowing down quite yet. She will definitely be finishing later on.
B966EE1D 7452 4804 A30F 4474728D0FE4

Outlaw
The flower formation on this one is amazing! Although the Blueberry Gum #2 still has nice formation I think this Outlaw is now my favorite in terms of looks now. I'm very excited to see how the mature flowers look on her. This one is fruity and has a bit of sandalwood to it.
EBABB77A 8A89 4ACE A720 5423AC20919F

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Whats up everyone! I’ve got some flower shots for you. The outlaw is annoyingly tall so it’s hard to get the top flowers into the picture so bear with me. Maybe I'll get the step stool or ladder out next time. Everything is going well. The plants overall are lightening up quite a bit now, so I can see where a little bit more dry food mixed into the beds would have helped, but overall I'm very happy with how things are going considering water only and one addition of high P and high N guano scratched into the surface. Flower production is coming along nicely.

Afgooey
She's starting to swell up a bit. Doesn't look like there will be a whole lot more calyx growth from her but we shall see. Very nice unique smell. If you know afgooey you know what I mean. The only thing I do not like about this one is the calyx to leaf ratio. It's going to be annoying trimming this one up haha, but fortunately she is the smallest of the 4.
View attachment 833086

Blueberry Gum #2
This one is looking nice and she's got a very intoxicating blueberry smell. She seems to be slowing down a bit like the Afgooey. I think they have entered the midde/late stages of flower. Just swelling things up and getting everything mature. I'm really happy that they are much faster finishers than the plants in the big bed. Staggering the harvest will really help out with the workload.
View attachment 833087

Farm Cheese
It's hard to get a good picture of the flowers on this one. All the best ones are up so high that I can't reach them normally. She's doing well though. Kind of skunky and fruity. Isn't showing any signs of slowing down quite yet. She will definitely be finishing later on.
View attachment 833089

Outlaw
The flower formation on this one is amazing! Although the Blueberry Gum #2 still has nice formation I think this Outlaw is now my favorite in terms of looks now. I'm very excited to see how the mature flowers look on her. This one is fruity and has a bit of sandalwood to it.
View attachment 833088

Beautimus!

I feel you on the too tall to take a pic top colas. Had to use my 300mm to get decent shots of mine and even then it wasn't easy. Your Cheese would be right at home with my girls. Her growth is insane.

I do love the Outlaw too. Looks like you glued bean sprouts to her, hehehe.

Last edited:
WhtChocolate

WhtChocolate

Afgooey
View attachment 833086

Blueberry Gum #2
View attachment 833087

Farm Cheese
View attachment 833089

Outlaw
View attachment 833088

Congrats on a spectacular outdoor grow Justice. All around stellar!
:cool:

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Hows it look? I got lucky, 90%+ is pretty much undamaged I think. My plants are survivors, they just bent over and took it. Hehe. It's mostly bent stalks. I might even be able to recover some of the broken ones since they're still attached.

Hope yours are unscathed.

justiceman

justiceman

Hows it look? I got lucky, 90%+ is pretty much undamaged I think. My plants are survivors, they just bent over and took it. Hehe. It's mostly bent stalks. I might even be able to recover some of the broken ones since they're still attached.

Hope yours are unscathed.
It seems luck is on both of our sides! All I have is a few bending branches on the Outlaw. Everything else is pretty much stable. I'm honestly shocked there are not more bending branches, but definitely not complaining. It's happened to me before, as long as they are bent over but not broken all is well. :cool:

-----------------------------------------------------------

Greetings everyone! Man yesterday I got hit with a little storm. Nice amount of wind and a downpour of water. I was a bit scared to find out what would become of my plants, but fortunately there has been no damage aside from a few bent branches. They must have good strength and stability. I'm also glad I installed the tomato cages. Not sure if they helped or not but I'm gonna say they did. As you will see they are all fading pretty hard now. I'm confident there is enough nutrition left to at least finish out respectably. Pretty cool too see how far some dry food mixed in and water alone can get them. Very simple and minimalist approach. Next time I'll have a better ballpark idea of how strong I should mix in the blood and bone meal. So lets get to some structure shots!

Afgooey
If there was one plant I knew wouldn't get knocked down it was this one haha. She's small, stout, and balanced so it makes sense. So far she's just lightening up in color and swelling nicely.
37B49AE0 63EC 4450 8C8B E7C355755A1B
6F52B3AA 54F9 4CA4 B447 43E9145A48DD

Blueberry Gum #2
This one is doing fine as well. She's really fading hard now.
FFA02221 5977 4763 9E64 0D3C5172AA87
CF588B7C B76A 4907 AA63 E9F83510A717

Farm Cheese
I'll say I was worried about this one the most because of her height and the offset weight from some branches missing early on on the left side. Fortunately she still stands tall and proud.
DE49F84D DAE0 40F4 95BE A303BDFB71B6
B72BC10B BC56 4097 B74B CF95DEAA229C

Outlaw
As you can see this is the girl with a few leaning branches after the storm. She came out of it with minimal damage which is awesome.
17F298DA AA89 43CA 877B 870C8B7B7F4A
23AF6E5A B38C 4180 9405 87CF37F6ACB3

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

It seems luck is on both of our sides! All I have is a few bending branches on the Outlaw. Everything else is pretty much stable. I'm honestly shocked there are not more bending branches, but definitely not complaining. It's happened to me before, as long as they are bent over but not broken all is well. :cool:

-----------------------------------------------------------

Greetings everyone! Man yesterday I got hit with a little storm. Nice amount of wind and a downpour of water. I was a bit scared to find out what would become of my plants, but fortunately there has been no damage aside from a few bent branches. They must have good strength and stability. I'm also glad I installed the tomato cages. Not sure if they helped or not but I'm gonna say they did. As you will see they are all fading pretty hard now. I'm confident there is enough nutrition left to at least finish out respectably. Pretty cool too see how far some dry food mixed in and water alone can get them. Very simple and minimalist approach. Next time I'll have a better ballpark idea of how strong I should mix in the blood and bone meal. So lets get to some structure shots!

Afgooey
If there was one plant I knew wouldn't get knocked down it was this one haha. She's small, stout, and balanced so it makes sense. So far she's just lightening up in color and swelling nicely.
View attachment 834190 View attachment 834194

Blueberry Gum #2
This one is doing fine as well. She's really fading hard now.
View attachment 834191 View attachment 834195

Farm Cheese
I'll say I was worried about this one the most because of her height and the offset weight from some branches missing early on on the left side. Fortunately she still stands tall and proud.
View attachment 834193 View attachment 834196

Outlaw
As you can see this is the girl with a few leaning branches after the storm. She came out of it with minimal damage which is awesome.
View attachment 834192 View attachment 834197

Nice man. I'm glad you got away with very little damage.

justiceman

justiceman

What’s up everyone? I hope you all are doing well! It's been a bit windy this past week. Funny how the rain didn't do too much but some high winds came in yesterday and now the Outlaw and Farm Cheese are leaning a bit. I might have to secure the main stalks somehow. I will continue to monitor. Other then that things are going pretty smooth here.

Afgooey
As you might be able to tell this one is gearing up for the end stages! The temps have dropped so she's coloring up a bit and a lot of the hairs have turned. The calyx swelling is happening as well. I'm excited!
9BCC4B5F 193A 421C 91BF 47D074A8A234

Blueberry Gum #2
So far second in line to harvested. Seems to be just a bit behind the Afgooey but not by much. I'm thinking they will be ready in the next couple weeks. We shall see.
14EB3EEB F9B9 4443 B1B8 D92DFB214526

Farm Cheese
This one is developing nicely. The colas have really started to form together well in the last week. I'm loving it. I'm thinking this one still has at least 3 weeks left if not longer.
817300C9 C716 4979 9902 2883E419829B

Outlaw
The flowers on this one is very unique compared to the others. I cannot wait to sample this one. I am very happy with the calyx development on this strain. One of the better calyx to leaf ratios. Trimming should be a little bit easier on this one.
FC7DE974 3F63 472A B3C8 4B0FD95CB4C7

justiceman

justiceman

Greetings everyone :cool: I have been busy of late and just remembered I have not updated on structure shots. So here we go! It’s looking like soon things will come to a close as I'm starting to get some heavy fall fade.

Afgooey
This one has been the most predictable in terms of growth structure. A slow but sure grower with most of her energy directed towards the main cola.
22E5FE16 C509 4980 935B FA52D723739F

Blueberry Gum #2
This one had similar predictability to Afgooey in terms of growth rate however it looks like this one prefers to distribute energy to multiple flower points and not just the main cola. One unfortunate occurrence is this seems to be the one the caterpillars go for which I find interesting. Overall I've had minimal damage, but there was one main casualty. The very top. I wonder why they prefer some strains over others.
8DBA71B0 E93E 43CE 9DDB A99E0EE17A8C

Farm Cheese
This one got some lean from the winds so I tied her base to the adjacent tree for extra support. It would be devastating to have this one fall on to the other plants haha. Of all the strains this one was easily the most unpredictable in terms of judging final height/size. It is so vigorous, lanky and tall. As you can she she has a real nice fade going on.
5C8D4715 790D 49B0 ABB2 FEA6623F1310

Outlaw
Interestingly enough this one has the least amount of fade of all the plants. Through the winds and rain she stands the strongest of the 4. This one takes the cake for my favorite structure. It has somewhat comparable height and vigor of the farm cheese, but better flower production like the blueberry gum #2. It also seems to be the most pest resistant as I have found no caterpillars on this one.
041523A7 480F 44A1 B914 DB733D99D073

DismalDude

DismalDude

Greetings everyone :cool: I have been busy of late and just remembered I have not updated on structure shots. So here we go! It’s looking like soon things will come to a close as I'm starting to get some heavy fall fade.

Afgooey
This one has been the most predictable in terms of growth structure. A slow but sure grower with most of her energy directed towards the main cola.
View attachment 836832

Blueberry Gum #2
This one had similar predictability to Afgooey in terms of growth rate however it looks like this one prefers to distribute energy to multiple flower points and not just the main cola. One unfortunate occurrence is this seems to be the one the caterpillars go for which I find interesting. Overall I've had minimal damage, but there was one main casualty. The very top. I wonder why they prefer some strains over others.
View attachment 836831

Farm Cheese
This one got some lean from the winds so I tied her base to the adjacent tree for extra support. It would be devastating to have this one fall on to the other plants haha. Of all the strains this one was easily the most unpredictable in terms of judging final height/size. It is so vigorous, lanky and tall. As you can she she has a real nice fade going on.
View attachment 836834

Outlaw
Interestingly enough this one has the least amount of fade of all the plants. Through the winds and rain she stands the strongest of the 4. This one takes the cake for my favorite structure. It has somewhat comparable height and vigor of the farm cheese, but better flower production like the blueberry gum #2. It also seems to be the most pest resistant as I have found no caterpillars on this one.
View attachment 836833
Awesome fade!

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Afgooey
View attachment 836832

Blueberry Gum #2
View attachment 836831

Farm Cheese
View attachment 836834

Outlaw
View attachment 836833

Very nice dude, very nice. Running them without nutes sure takes the guesswork out of when to harvest, don't it. I'm finally getting that fade on mine too but it's been inconsistent from plant to plant, I'm assuming due to the nutes. It still blows my mind the ridiculous gap in sise between your girls, or more to the point, the stupid fast growth of your Cheese and Outlaw. And man, was that Outlaw a dark horse or what? Looking forward to hearing if that Cheese tastes like it's pure Skunk lineage.

justiceman

justiceman

Lookin good, how much longer are you going to give them?
I am thinking about a 1-3 more weeks but will continue to monitor. Afgooey and Blueberry Gum #2 are most likely to come down sooner. The Farm Cheese and Outlaw still need a bit of time to mature.
Awesome fade!
Thank you! If everything else goes well I'm hoping this will be some nice smooth smoke.
Very nice dude, very nice. Running them without nutes sure takes the guesswork out of when to harvest, don't it. I'm finally getting that fade on mine too but it's been inconsistent from plant to plant, I'm assuming due to the nutes. It still blows my mind the ridiculous gap in sise between your girls, or more to the point, the stupid fast growth of your Cheese and Outlaw. And man, was that Outlaw a dark horse or what? Looking forward to hearing if that Cheese tastes like it's pure Skunk lineage.
Right on Junk! Ya the dry food approach this season has definitely worked nicely. It has its pro's and con's though. Definitely a very simple approach but If I had used some extra liquid nutrition throughout no doubt I would have gotten a bigger yield. Fortunately these plants will provide more than enough smoke for me so I didn't need to try and push them. I think some strains just start fading at different times. The outlaw although still fading is much greener than the other 3.

The Outlaw was definitely the Dark Horse well said. I remember thinking she was stunted and the Farm cheese started taking over the bed but the Outlaw sure came back! Yes I've thought about how it's possible to have such a stark contrast in plant size when I started them all at the same time. I did assume there would be a size difference between the two beds but I didn't think it would be this much. I'm thinking it has to do with a combination of two reasons and slightly more weight on the second reason.

• Strain: The Outlaw and Farm Cheese have more sativa lineage type characteristics that came out. Large, tall, and slower finishing time. I tried to place them in the beds according to breeder finishing times assuming the Afgooey and Blueberry Gum #2 would be shorter and finish faster. I also did not want tall plants in the small bed overshadowing the big ones because of the angle at which the sun comes in. Glad everything worked out because it was just guess work.
  • Soil Surface Area: Both beds were mixed to scale with Blood, Bone, Kelp/Alfalfa meal, and at a later date High N/P bat guano. The difference is the 4x8 bed holding the Farm Cheese and Outlaw holds twice as much soil as the 2x8 where the Afgooey and Blueberry Gum #2 are. So 2x as much available food and a larger buffer area to house a good microbe colony as well as more root protection from hot days.

justiceman

justiceman

What’s up everyone! Today I decided to pull the Afgooey and Blueberry Gum #2. I’m very happy with how this season has gone so far. Only one minor storm and minimal caterpillar damage so lets get to some harvest shots.

Afgooey
DD7DAC76 D36C 4C59 80C5 EB7549C883A3
98BE79EC B85B 427B 89CA 3428D51F0C4B
1284B803 D10D 423C 8976 F265E64EBD35
736E529F 09FB 4B5D B129 33185DEFFAC9
AA30FC72 24E9 4354 861E 64CF24921562

Blueberry Gum #2
40B74E0F 43D4 420D 80D3 C4C7A02B106C
8555E3B6 4DF7 4090 A95F 0D036A8F74F3
5D10D107 0C4E 4C09 AAA9 DFF4CCAFC502
338B45BF 341F 4853 AE13 880B7CE17E23

Harvest 2/4 plants so far. These are the small ones.
D53AE1FA B668 405A 9242 660DC43451EC

Cool shots of a trunk split down the middle
FF77236D 3515 4C69 9E87 FB948C05E7F1
7741EDFA 373B 4205 A76A 8F55BAF688E2

Latest posts

Top Bottom