Blood And Bones: Outdoor 2018

• Thread starter justiceman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

bro aint lieing taste that shit see if it dont change your ways,hahahh. even local nursery has horticulture mollases,1 gal 39.95,nope that this old fart,dark brown sugar,use it for all my fernmenting,got some OHN going right now,fermented for a week added ever clear yesterday for 14 days,then start taking collections,got garlic,tumerac,angelica root,cinnimon root,licorice root and ginger first day with alchol,just finished,FPJ,got sweet potato,sweet potato and comfrey,tomato and comfrey,comfrey and stinging nettle,straight out comfrey mainly for injuries i always aquire lmao,cactus next up on the plate,you notice these are all hot weather plants right,been in triple digits here for a month,lmao also LAB,im tell ya this much marijane love comfrey and sweet potato FPJ

I never thought to use comfrey for growing. Good to know.

Comfrey is great stuff. Used to make tea with it and golden seal (for drinking) to heal internal infections and poultices to heal skin infections. Draws out deep infected splinters really well. Must be careful with comfrey for internal use and open wounds because of pyrrolizidine alkaloids which can cause liver damage and cancer. There are ways to reduce the PAs. Here's a link for info on how to make it safer for consumption...

http://www.nantahala-farm.com/comfrey-pyrrolizidine-alkaloids-reducing-s.shtml

Last edited:
justiceman

justiceman

course if you got a women like mine you gonna have hell with all them jars in there hahahh
hahahahahahahaha!!!
check this out,he has several others also

Some real nice information here. OHN is very interesting and I enjoyed watching that video. It reminds me a lot of making kombucha but a few more steps of course. So tasty but I have not made it in a while. Ah and I see that LAB means lactobacillus. Definitely stellar for fungi control. It's like the old addage of spraying milk on your plants for PM but it's really the LAB doing all the work. I love how stable fermented products can be.

justiceman

justiceman

Yo everyone! These seedlings are starting to push. The leaf sets are coming in and their strength grows daily.

Still just plain ol tap water and love. I can’t wait to toss them outside. I hope everyone is having a fine day :cool:

Farm Cheese
CDA4DB6F D20D 4A01 BBDD 34A494A2D0F6

Blueberry Gum #2
0CBCC704 96E4 44F2 AD7E CCD7671E52BA

Afgooey
8F4A9380 6640 4C37 8725 8BDF02916101

Outlaw
E1BE4675 C2EB 438D 8B90 2CB2C278727C

justiceman

justiceman

Whats up fellow farmers! I hope everyone is enjoying themselves. :)

These girls are starting to show some true beauty now. One of my favorite stages is when they exit the baby period and start to enter the real vegetation period. I think it's been about 3 weeks since I popped the seeds and they are really starting to vibe with LC's mix #2. A solid soil mix as always.

Just been using plain tap water no pH adjustment. Currently my tap comes in at 320ppm or about 0.7EC and a pH of 7.5. You might wonder why I keep stating this. I see a lot of people trying to chase and adjust their water pH when using soil with organic fertilizers. With diverse and strong soil biology checking the pH can be left in the hydroponic world.

Outlaw
c11224cd-6107-47c9-b1b6-39b69ee8f2bb-jpeg.809078

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
33516a3b-a1bf-4675-8b72-77d5b89e41bf-jpeg.809079

Afgooey

d502d0de-6e14-422e-bba7-3eb027e86441-jpeg.809080

Farm Cheese
5a0f9925-cef9-4395-95ec-93de6ca9bf4d-jpeg.809081

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Whats up fellow farmers! I hope everyone is enjoying themselves. :)

These girls are starting to show some true beauty now. One of my favorite stages is when they exit the baby period and start to enter the real vegetation period. I think it's been about 3 weeks since I popped the seeds and they are really starting to vibe with LC's mix #2. A solid soil mix as always.

Just been using plain tap water no pH adjustment. Currently my tap comes in at 320ppm or about 0.7EC and a pH of 7.5. You might wonder why I keep stating this. I see a lot of people trying to chase and adjust their water pH when using soil with organic fertilizers. With diverse and strong soil biology checking the pH can be left in the hydroponic world.

Outlaw
c11224cd-6107-47c9-b1b6-39b69ee8f2bb-jpeg.809078

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
33516a3b-a1bf-4675-8b72-77d5b89e41bf-jpeg.809079

Afgooey

d502d0de-6e14-422e-bba7-3eb027e86441-jpeg.809080

Farm Cheese
5a0f9925-cef9-4395-95ec-93de6ca9bf4d-jpeg.809081

Looking great. Nice to know that good soil can compensate for high ph water. I'm well so I never worry about adjusting it. Have a soil testing kit but never used it.

justiceman

justiceman

These little ladies are just about ready to brave the outside world. It's been very windy so I'm waiting for their strength to increase just a bit more. They are all moving along well, but at this point the Farm Cheese is crushing it past the others. It's much taller, the stock is thicker and the fan leaves are wider. She's fast. Very interesting.

Outlaw
4E016CAF 085B 4DF4 B8E9 EB8316DB5BB4

Blueberry Gum #2
5FBDF18F A3C0 4BF1 BFB7 7110A40213CD

Afgooey
6CB9E2A1 9F52 4BB3 A964 28330FC90015

Farm Cheese
D61803A0 AE6C 42F9 B6C6 3C270935033C

Family
6930D59B 4EBC 40DB 870A 9CE2A55386D9

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

These little ladies are just about ready to brave the outside world. It's been very windy so I'm waiting for their strength to increase just a bit more. They are all moving along well, but at this point the Farm Cheese is crushing it past the others. It's much taller, the stock is thicker and the fan leaves are wider. She's fast. Very interesting.

Outlaw
View attachment 809776

Blueberry Gum #2 View attachment 809777

Afgooey View attachment 809778

Farm Cheese View attachment 809779

FamilyView attachment 809780

Wow, they look really healthy. They're going to do well. Good job.

justiceman

justiceman

I hope everyone is enjoying the summer days. I love the warmth:party1: Possibly today or in the next few days I will either transplant up to 1 gal or just put them straight in the raised bed outside. I have a couple reasons why I may do the 1gals first.

1. Establish a stronger root system
  2. Give the bed more time to compost and stabilize
  3. Mobility in case of strong winds while they are small
I forgot how strong FFOF is. Even diluted with EWC and perlite this stuff is going the distance. Just plain tap water as always. I believe it's been about 4 weeks from germination.

Outlaw
F52B0B7F 27AD 412F BE35 EE631541938A

Blueberry Gum #2
44735173 3089 4ABB B516 64072C1C4A85

Afgooey
B2B32396 15D1 4BCB BB38 062911C12DEC

Farm Cheese
5369E447 A1AF 4073 9E00 D24D8DB87599

The size difference between Farm Cheese and Outlaw :shockedninja:
0571A59E DAE5 4900 9930 B462861CDEF2

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I hope everyone is enjoying the summer days. I love the warmth:party1: Possibly today or in the next few days I will either transplant up to 1 gal or just put them straight in the raised bed outside. I have a couple reasons why I may do the 1gals first.

I forgot how strong FFOF is. Even diluted with EWC and perlite this stuff is going the distance. Just plain tap water as always. I believe it's been about 4 weeks from germination.

Outlaw
View attachment 811262

Blueberry Gum #2 View attachment 811263

Afgooey View attachment 811264

Farm Cheese View attachment 811265

The size difference between Farm Cheese and Outlaw :shockedninja:View attachment 811266

Put em in bed and jus stabalise em with a lil bamboo

Yup, those beauties are begging to go sun bathing. Nice structure, healthy color, nice job dude.

I agree with redlife215 100%. Figure out where you want them to finish and stick em. Every time you transplant you're going to stress them, and not in a good way. I think, not certain, but in my opinion, you're going to get a better yield from a single transplant. It's not that I don't think the girls can recover. It's that the outdoor season is finite and each time they're transplanted they stall. That equals less veg time. Fewer nodes, fewer flowers.

If they were indoor I'd see it as less of a problem because you control the season. I don't know if multiple transplants negatively effect the quality of the flowers but I have seen weakened plants from prior pest infestations and physical damage produce a lower grade bud.

Just a thought. I may be completely wrong. This is my opinion from personal observations and I have no scientific data to back it up.

justiceman

justiceman

Put em in bed and jus stabalise em with a lil bamboo
That's not a bad idea. It's been some time since I have stabilized a plant with bamboo or a tomato cage I completely forgot hahaha!

Yup, those beauties are begging to go sun bathing. Nice structure, healthy color, nice job dude.

I agree with redlife215 100%. Figure out where you want them to finish and stick em. Every time you transplant you're going to stress them, and not in a good way. I think, not certain, but in my opinion, you're going to get a better yield from a single transplant. It's not that I don't think the girls can recover. It's that the outdoor season is finite and each time they're transplanted they stall. That equals less veg time. Fewer nodes, fewer flowers.

If they were indoor I'd see it as less of a problem because you control the season. I don't know if multiple transplants negatively effect the quality of the flowers but I have seen weakened plants from prior pest infestations and physical damage produce a lower grade bud.

Just a thought. I may be completely wrong. This is my opinion from personal observations and I have no scientific data to back it up.
They are definitely hungry for some real sun now. I'm of the school of thought that if a transplant is done well enough there are no negatives, but that's a big IF so I have to agree with you that in general lessening the amount of transplants is often the better idea. Less possibility for rough handling or unavoidable damage and way easier with higher plant counts. On that note and with the stabilizing suggestion above I'm definitely leaning more towards just putting them to bed soon.

Looking good man..
Thank you! :smoking:

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Outlaw
View attachment 811262

Blueberry Gum #2 View attachment 811263

Afgooey View attachment 811264

Farm Cheese View attachment 811265

The size difference between Farm Cheese and Outlaw :shockedninja:View attachment 811266
i would go ahead and put outside,what is it 14 hr daylight now,you gonna cage them

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

That's not a bad idea. It's been some time since I have stabilized a plant with bamboo or a tomato cage I completely forgot hahaha!

They are definitely hungry for some real sun now. I'm of the school of thought that if a transplant is done well enough there are no negatives, but that's a big IF so I have to agree with you that in general lessening the amount of transplants is often the better idea. Less possibility for rough handling or unavoidable damage and way easier with higher plant counts. On that note and with the stabilizing suggestion above I'm definitely leaning more towards just putting them to bed soon.

Thank you! :smoking:

Good call.

justiceman

justiceman

i would go ahead and put outside,what is it 14 hr daylight now,you gonna cage them
Yup I agree. It's just slightly below 15 hrs of daylight now. I might cage them I was thinking about it.
Good call.
They definitely want to go to bed now.

——————————-

I wanted to put them to bed yesterday or today but tomorrow will be about 100F so I figured I'd wait till Sunday when it goes back down into the high 80s. My school of thought is the young plants won't be stressing for water as much right after the transplant in the 80's vs the 100's

So instead I mixed my beds around again today. They are smelling nice and earthy. I believe the reconditioning has gone well, but we will see once the plants are in. I should have already brewed a compost tea for the beds but regardless I think decomposition is going well. I'll definitely brew some up soon though. Here are the ladies sunbathing getting used to the outside.

Outlaw
A80B1494 3D93 4D24 8597 1B5AF8B3096A

Blueberry Gum #2
47509211 6C18 4E9C 8A33 FD889E2AD9BE

Farm Cheese(This one is starting to get root bound and angry that I have left her in such a small pot for so long. Soon she will spread her roots!)
5A4230EB C762 4DA6 B05F D4F0614CF086

Afgooey
2E783946 9426 4E30 8EA2 3C302D976D88

Toaster79

Toaster79

Yup I agree. It's just slightly below 15 hrs of daylight now. I might cage them I was thinking about it.

They definitely want to go to bed now.

——————————-

I wanted to put them to bed yesterday or today but tomorrow will be about 100F so I figured I'd wait till Sunday when it goes back down into the high 80s. My school of thought is the young plants won't be stressing for water as much right after the transplant in the 80's vs the 100's

So instead I mixed my beds around again today. They are smelling nice and earthy. I believe the reconditioning has gone well, but we will see once the plants are in. I should have already brewed a compost tea for the beds but regardless I think decomposition is going well. I'll definitely brew some up soon though. Here are the ladies sunbathing getting used to the outside.

Outlaw
View attachment 812012

Blueberry Gum #2 View attachment 812013

Farm Cheese(This one is starting to get root bound and angry that I have left her in such a small pot for so long. Soon she will spread her roots!)View attachment 812014

Afgooey View attachment 812015

Time for the kids to move out :D

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

I disagree with transplant stress. Transplant stress only comes if you are transplanting s plant that is in ground or a huge bed and you have to rip up the roots real bad. “Uppotting” is not transplanting and will have no negative on the plant.

Top Bottom