Blood And Bones: Outdoor 2018

• Thread starter justiceman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

What's up everyone :smoking:

Here's a little midweek update on the ladies. They are doing well and everything is running smoothly. Not many pests to speak of so far so that's nice. Still need to go pick up some soaker hose but not in a rush to do so. I'm very happy to see they are loving the amendments I added this season :D

Afgooey
The shortest of the 4. This one is by far the most compact with nice wide leaves. Definitely showing extreme indica characteristics as it should.
View attachment 816419

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
Although fairly short I'm loving how thick and bushy this one is getting.
View attachment 816420

Farm Cheese
This one is growing crazy fast compared to the rest. Up up and away we go. It's already above the 3rd ring on the cage.
View attachment 816421

Outlaw
Probably the 2nd tallest. Still not seeing massive amount of sativa characteristics from this. Seems like the average hybrid, but it's still small so I suppose time will tell, and so will the smoke.
View attachment 816422

Those are such badass plants. Very stout, very thick and green. No matter what sise they reach I bet the buds will be exquisite. Yum-mee.

The Cannabis Encyclopedia has a pic of a plant that looks very similar as an example of perfectly balanced growing conditions. (But a bit further along. Still, they have the form.)

justiceman

justiceman

Those are such badass plants. Very stout, very thick and green. No matter what sise they reach I bet the buds will be exquisite. Yum-mee.

The Cannabis Encyclopedia has a pic of a plant that looks very similar as an example of perfectly balanced growing conditions. (But a bit further along. Still, they have the form.)

Right on Junk thank you! Definitely looking for a variety of tasty flowers from this bunch. :smoking:

---------------------------------------------------

Things are running pretty smooth here and everything is lush and green so far. It's been in the high 80's low 90's for quite some time but they seem to be enjoying it. The winds have died down a bit too so it's more calm for now.

Afgooey
This one is staying so short I thought it was stunted for a little while, but I think this is just her genetic expression. She's growing well and fast but all the secondary branches are staying very close together. Extremely compact plant. Would probably be awesome for SOG from what I can tell so far.
8B14034F 8543 493F 94FE D36CF98684BB

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
This one is middle of the road and might be one of my favorite structures at this time. It's not super tall and lanky nor is it too short. It seems to produce good side branching that actually spreads out unlike the Afgooey so far. Probably a good candidate to top and train into a bush for indoors.
8CBAB650 BD6F 4574 9977 BD26CE364534

Farm Cheese
This one is BY FAR the most vigorous of the group. She's always been tall and fast in growth compared to the others, and is still showing that characteristic. It's much taller and the stems are much thicker than the others. Finally getting some really nice side branching going on but it's not a bush either. The size comparison of this Farm Cheese to the rest is almost baffling. What caused her to explode? Genetics or preferred growing conditions? You tell me hahaha. Everything has been the same nothing but plain tap water from the start.
08740EC9 A0BC 4C7D A723 03645BB59B78

Outlaw
This is the second tallest and as all the plants get bigger this one is keeping skinnier leaves which is a nice sign(looking for more sativa in this one). Like the BB#2 this seems to have some good lower side branching that would allow it to turn into a nice bush if topped. Overall I'm very happy with how things are turning out.
48D1AB66 2C4A 4516 BD7E 5E9B1F887EF5

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Right on Junk thank you! Definitely looking for a variety of tasty flowers from this bunch. :smoking:

---------------------------------------------------

Things are running pretty smooth here and everything is lush and green so far. It's been in the high 80's low 90's for quite some time but they seem to be enjoying it. The winds have died down a bit too so it's more calm for now.

Afgooey
This one is staying so short I thought it was stunted for a little while, but I think this is just her genetic expression. She's growing well and fast but all the secondary branches are staying very close together. Extremely compact plant. Would probably be awesome for SOG from what I can tell so far.
View attachment 817099

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
This one is middle of the road and might be one of my favorite structures at this time. It's not super tall and lanky nor is it too short. It seems to produce good side branching that actually spreads out unlike the Afgooey so far. Probably a good candidate to top and train into a bush for indoors.
View attachment 817100

Farm Cheese
This one is BY FAR the most vigorous of the group. She's always been tall and fast in growth compared to the others, and is still showing that characteristic. It's much taller and the stems are much thicker than the others. Finally getting some really nice side branching going on but it's not a bush either. The size comparison of this Farm Cheese to the rest is almost baffling. What caused her to explode? Genetics or preferred growing conditions? You tell me hahaha. Everything has been the same nothing but plain tap water from the start.
View attachment 817097

Outlaw
This is the second tallest and as all the plants get bigger this one is keeping skinnier leaves which is a nice sign(looking for more sativa in this one). Like the BB#2 this seems to have some good lower side branching that would allow it to turn into a nice bush if topped. Overall I'm very happy with how things are turning out.
View attachment 817098

That Afgooey looks a lot like the Royal Nepal Kush I grew last year but I'm really diggin on that Farm Cheese.

Here's that pic out of the Encyclopedia. It's a monster for sure...
20180721 162932

justiceman

justiceman

That Afgooey looks a lot like the Royal Nepal Kush I grew last year but I'm really diggin on that Farm Cheese.

Here's that pic out of the Encyclopedia. It's a monster for sure...
View attachment 817161
Whoa the size of the fan leaves on that plant are ridiculous! I’m excited to see what kind of yield the Farm Cheese will produce. Seems like it’s going to put in some serious work.

Everything lookin amazing @justiceman! I love the outdoor season. I got a bunch of plants goinnin a 5x10 light dep as well should be fun. Thread to come. Hahaha

Love those pink pistils.
Looking very solid on your end. What strain is that again? I see you have the premium cage support. They are much stronger than the standard tomato cages like mine. Though’t I’d give mine one more whirl before replacing them. Most of my cheap cages already fell apart except for the 4 I’m using now :cry:

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Whoa the size of the fan leaves on that plant are ridiculous! I’m excited to see what kind of yield the Farm Cheese will produce. Seems like it’s going to put in some serious work.

Looking very solid on your end. What strain is that again? I see you have the premium cage support. They are much stronger than the standard tomato cages like mine. Though’t I’d give mine one more whirl before replacing them. Most of my cheap cages already fell apart except for the 4 I’m using now :cry:
Ya the wife reminds me all the time that Everytime the vegetable garden gets something good I steal it! Hahaha.

That is the Tranny Panties! Hahah. It’s is JSD (just some dank) from Kendogsmoke seeds. It’s a pheno found by @G gnome. It was named for its smell and the fact that most of the others in the tester pack were confused of their gender. Hahah. But inside all that confusion was this gem. Here’s a shot of some her I ran indoor. This is my first time putting her outside.

D4BF23BA 4FDB 4533 9330 0929D25C8749
justiceman

justiceman

Ya the wife reminds me all the time that Everytime the vegetable garden gets something good I steal it! Hahaha.

That is the Tranny Panties! Hahah. It’s is JSD (just some dank) from Kendogsmoke seeds. It’s a pheno found by @G gnome. It was named for its smell and the fact that most of the others in the tester pack were confused of their gender. Hahah. But inside all that confusion was this gem. Here’s a shot of some her I ran indoor. This is my first time putting her outside.
Whoa I really like the background story on it. Trippy how most of the other testers were confused. Like a true diamond in the rough :D

justiceman

justiceman

Greetings farmers :smoking:

Just woke up to take a few pictures before watering and the plants are just hanging out enjoying the rays of sun. I think they may start flowering soon :D. We'll see. Since I have a few extra inches or so of space in my raised beds my plan is to lay down a fresh layer of a high quality local compost/soil mix soon. I'll lay some down right before I install the soaker hoses. The compost/soil mix should help to provide any extra nutrition that might be needed as well as a second wave of microbiology to keep the soil web strong and diverse. It will also act as a mulch as provide some needed water retention in these hot times.

I've noticed minor thrip damage on the bottoms of a couple plants. Not much to worry about now but as a preventative I should probably get it together and do a spray with a neem/dawn soap mix. A super solid natural protector. Neem has always done wonders for me outdoors.

Afgooey
She's slow like a high percentage indica would be but she is a very pretty plant. I love afgooey but I'm not well versed on identifying if it is true or not just by looking at the structure. So far it's showing a lot of indica traits which is a good sign. I hope it's real because I absolutely love smoking afgooey and it's been too long since I have. She's short compact, and is not much of a bushy type of grower. I've said it before but probably awesome for SOG.
E3C1B34A 0D42 486F A035 0C5EB6206C9E

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
I was not sure what to expect from this one. It's a freebie I popped so I could even up the plant count. So far she has been looking great. This one is more of a compact bush type of structure. Not really sure what to expect from the smoke but I like surprises.
29CDE863 6D10 40B7 9AC9 BE6CBD6D4EE5

Farm Cheese
This one is just ridiculous. I'm still baffled by how much larger this plant is than the others when all conditions have been the same for them from the start. Different strain different growth for sure, just did not expect such a vast difference. Everything about it is bigger from stem width to fan leaf size. I hope that the flowers do the same hehehe. It's tall and somewhat lanky but seems to be filling out well. Not much of a bushy shaping to it. Really looking forward to seeing how this thing looks with flowers.
B080892D 11DB 4813 982F 5609C2450B8D

Outlaw
The structure on this one is somewhere between the Farm Cheese and BB #2. It's not quite a compact bush nor is it just tall and lanky. She's started to speed up and is on her way to catching up with Farm Cheese. haha ya right.... Really hoping this one gives me some nice hazy type of flowers, but not really sure what to expect from this one either. It's gonna be a fun ride.
07A1B314 605B 4543 9461 D46A1BE8AF9F

Wishbone

Wishbone

Lookin great, I am intrigued and inspired by growers like you that are running just one of each strain, i dont have that confidence yet in my abilities so have been sticking with a few strains and multiple of each in case I fuck one up lol.

justiceman

justiceman

Lookin great, I am intrigued and inspired by growers like you that are running just one of each strain, i dont have that confidence yet in my abilities so have been sticking with a few strains and multiple of each in case I fuck one up lol.
Thank you for the kind words. I believe it's easier to run multi strain grows with soil because the rhizosphere regulates pH, and nutrient availability. As long as the soil microbiology is strong and the organic material is there just add water and watch them grow. On the hydro side multi strain grows can be a bit more tricky without previous knowledge of each strains needs and growth characteristics since there is a lot more user input required.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Thank you for the kind words. I believe it's easier to run multi strain grows with soil because the rhizosphere regulates pH, and nutrient availability. As long as the soil microbiology is strong and the organic material is there just add water and watch them grow. On the hydro side multi strain grows can be a bit more tricky without previous knowledge of each strains needs and growth characteristics since there is a lot more user input required.

Nice, thanks for the info. Giving no till a go this round after a bottled grow last year. If it go’s well, and so far it is, I will likely branch out a bit and run a few more strains.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Just woke up to take a few pictures before watering and the plants are just hanging out enjoying the rays of sun. I think they may start flowering soon :D. We'll see. Since I have a few extra inches or so of space in my raised beds my plan is to lay down a fresh layer of a high quality local compost/soil mix soon. I'll lay some down right before I install the soaker hoses. The compost/soil mix should help to provide any extra nutrition that might be needed as well as a second wave of microbiology to keep the soil web strong and diverse. It will also act as a mulch as provide some needed water retention in these hot times.

I've noticed minor thrip damage on the bottoms of a couple plants. Not much to worry about now but as a preventative I should probably get it together and do a spray with a neem/dawn soap mix. A super solid natural protector. Neem has always done wonders for me outdoors.

Afgooey
She's slow like a high percentage indica would be but she is a very pretty plant. I love afgooey but I'm not well versed on identifying if it is true or not just by looking at the structure. So far it's showing a lot of indica traits which is a good sign. I hope it's real because I absolutely love smoking afgooey and it's been too long since I have. She's short compact, and is not much of a bushy type of grower. I've said it before but probably awesome for SOG.
View attachment 817948

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
I was not sure what to expect from this one. It's a freebie I popped so I could even up the plant count. So far she has been looking great. This one is more of a compact bush type of structure. Not really sure what to expect from the smoke but I like surprises.
View attachment 817949

Farm Cheese
This one is just ridiculous. I'm still baffled by how much larger this plant is than the others when all conditions have been the same for them from the start. Different strain different growth for sure, just did not expect such a vast difference. Everything about it is bigger from stem width to fan leaf size. I hope that the flowers do the same hehehe. It's tall and somewhat lanky but seems to be filling out well. Not much of a bushy shaping to it. Really looking forward to seeing how this thing looks with flowers.
View attachment 817950

Outlaw
The structure on this one is somewhere between the Farm Cheese and BB #2. It's not quite a compact bush nor is it just tall and lanky. She's started to speed up and is on her way to catching up with Farm Cheese. haha ya right.... Really hoping this one gives me some nice hazy type of flowers, but not really sure what to expect from this one either. It's gonna be a fun ride.
View attachment 817951

That Farm Cheese looks so similar in every way to my Idunnoes (unknown strain), I can't help but think they may have common lineage. I haven't been growing long enough to know if this structure is a common variation or if I'm making much ado about nothing.

I'm super looking forward to seeing what that Afgooey produces too. Isn't it great to have four strains going? Wish I could've had my fifth with the Royal Nepal but I'm still really happy with how it all turned out.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Afgooey
View attachment 817948

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
View attachment 817949

Farm Cheese
View attachment 817950

Outlaw
View attachment 817951

If your girls are going into flower maybe consider using Spinosad for the thrips (Monterey or Captain Jacks). It appears to be very effective on thrips when I used it in my garden (Captain Jack's Dead Bug) and it won't leave that neem flavor on the buds. I used Azamax last year, far into the bud cycle. I think it may have effected the taste of my Orange Creamsicle harvested 2-3 weeks after the final application. It didn't ruin the buds and it was completely safe, but still, they might have come out better.

justiceman

justiceman

That Farm Cheese looks so similar in every way to my Idunnoes (unknown strain), I can't help but think they may have common lineage. I haven't been growing long enough to know if this structure is a common variation or if I'm making much ado about nothing.

I'm super looking forward to seeing what that Afgooey produces too. Isn't it great to have four strains going? Wish I could've had my fifth with the Royal Nepal but I'm still really happy with how it all turned out.
It will be very interesting to compare how the Idunnoes and the Farm Cheese compare later on during flower set. I'm super happy to have four strains going right now especially outside. If the harvest goes well I'll have smoke for a looong time coming.
If your girls are going into flower maybe consider using Spinosad for the thrips (Monterey or Captain Jacks). It appears to be very effective on thrips when I used it in my garden (Captain Jack's Dead Bug) and it won't leave that neem flavor on the buds. I used Azamax last year, far into the bud cycle. I think it may have effected the taste of my Orange Creamsicle harvested 2-3 weeks after the final application. It didn't ruin the buds and it was completely safe, but still, they might have come out better.
They aren't flowering quite yet, but I'll keep that in mind for sure. I think they will start up pretty soon here though. I try to do a neem spray about 2 maybe 3 weeks into flower at most, and from then on I try to avoid spraying if possible, mainly to avoid mold. A few seasons ago I ran into some decent rain on the tail end of flower and while I was still able to harvest more than enough for myself I lost quite a bit to bud rot sadly. :cry:

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

It will be very interesting to compare how the Idunnoes and the Farm Cheese compare later on during flower set. I'm super happy to have four strains going right now especially outside. If the harvest goes well I'll have smoke for a looong time coming.

They aren't flowering quite yet, but I'll keep that in mind for sure. I think they will start up pretty soon here though. I try to do a neem spray about 2 maybe 3 weeks into flower at most, and from then on I try to avoid spraying if possible, mainly to avoid mold. A few seasons ago I ran into some decent rain on the tail end of flower and while I was still able to harvest more than enough for myself I lost quite a bit to bud rot sadly. :cry:

Ooo, that sucks. While I dont know about mold/mildew before harvest, if you ever have to dry your harvest in a damp environment use a hydrogen peroxide - water bath immediately after harvest. I did it last year. It had very little effect on potency and only had one small spot of mold several months later, plus the flavor was very clean. Thinking about doing it again this year even though it's a bit of a pain.

justiceman

justiceman

Ooo, that sucks. While I dont know about mold/mildew before harvest, if you ever have to dry your harvest in a damp environment use a hydrogen peroxide - water bath immediately after harvest. I did it last year. It had very little effect on potency and only had one small spot of mold several months later, plus the flavor was very clean. Thinking about doing it again this year even though it's a bit of a pain.
That's a cool little trick to use if needed. In that same season a lot vegetable gardens, and other soft leaf plants across the city were getting unexplained outbreaks of powdery mildew and/or other fungal issues. It's generally dry and hot here during the growing season. During that particular season it was hot and humid which is rare. Heat and excessive humidity coupled together can at times be the bringers of mold.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

That's a cool little trick to use if needed. In that same season a lot vegetable gardens, and other soft leaf plants across the city were getting unexplained outbreaks of powdery mildew and/or other fungal issues. It's generally dry and hot here during the growing season. During that particular season it was hot and humid which is rare. Heat and excessive humidity coupled together can at times be the bringers of mold.

Heat and humidity, oh yeah, for real, and some really nasty strains too. Stuff you don't want to inhale. Do you think maybe it was something they had in common like where everyone bought their soil or the weather just triggered dormant spores already everywhere?

Mold makes me so sick that my senses have become super sensitive to it. Even if there's not enough to see yet it'll burn my nose. Hence the H2O2 bath. I'm down to my last three vacuum sealed Mason jars with Boveta 58% humidity packs and only had one spot of mold in the middle of a jar with a leaky seal. I had to take precautions that far because I can't risk an autoimmune overreaction.

I think this is one of those trippy La Niña, or El Niño years. Last winter it rained 80+ days straight here, no breaks. It suuuuucked! I've never seen that happen before, anywhere in Cali.

These are mad times I tell ya, mad times!

justiceman

justiceman

Heat and humidity, oh yeah, for real, and some really nasty strains too. Stuff you don't want to inhale. Do you think maybe it was something they had in common like where everyone bought their soil or the weather just triggered dormant spores already everywhere?

Mold makes me so sick that my senses have become super sensitive to it. Even if there's not enough to see yet it'll burn my nose. Hence the H2O2 bath. I'm down to my last three vacuum sealed Mason jars with Boveta 58% humidity packs and only had one spot of mold in the middle of a jar with a leaky seal. I had to take precautions that far because I can't risk an autoimmune overreaction.

I think this is one of those trippy La Niña, or El Niño years. Last winter it rained 80+ days straight here, no breaks. It suuuuucked! I've never seen that happen before, anywhere in Cali.

These are mad times I tell ya, mad times!
Honestly I think it was the weather that triggered dormant spores. It was crazy since around here fungal issues are typically never a concern for gardeners. Ya man I don't like mold at all. If I don't see mold while trimming flowers I can generally detect it otherwise because my nose starts to run. It doesn't do that otherwise and I don't really have any allergies... well aside from mold haha.

Latest posts

Top Bottom